bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 9, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Post any Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues technical issues here only

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on May 9, 11 1:00 AM
The game would not allow me to finish the download of the new DirectX. It said the installer was corrupt or something like that. As a consequence I can't play the game. Any ideas on how to fix it?

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 9, 11 2:14 AM
Mouse froze and stuck immediately on opening game. Have no idea why.

3 or 4 other games I have had the same problem and was not able to solve it.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on May 9, 11 3:04 AM
Game would only let me inter my name to play and then froze on the screen. I had top use the ctrl and delete buttons to get out of it.
I have downloaded only the try part of the game.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on May 9, 11 4:58 AM
Bboo2 wrote:Game would only let me inter my name to play and then froze on the screen. I had top use the ctrl and delete buttons to get out of it.

I have had the same problem with this game,managed to put my name in and had to
use Esc to get back out.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 9, 11 5:39 AM
when i tried to play after my first download, i got a message that i was missing drivers or the file was corrupt... did an uninstall and i'm downloading it again from a fresh tag, but i'm thinking this thing is just a mess... will let you know what happens this time

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 9, 11 5:43 AM
okay... here's the message:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "d3dx9_43.dll", error 126

i guess i will simply toss this to the side and wait to see if anything happens with it...

to the other fishies with issues good luck!

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on May 9, 11 7:28 AM
0161 wrote:
Bboo2 wrote:Game would only let me inter my name to play and then froze on the screen. I had top use the ctrl and delete buttons to get out of it.

I have had the same problem with this game,managed to put my name in and had to
use Esc to get back out.

jamz2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by jamz2 on May 9, 11 7:41 AM
It said I had the latest or better direct x, entered name, and it froze
that just sux that they can't make these games work b4 they are
available

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 9, 11 8:44 AM
I'm having the same problem as most of the comments above. I already have the most recent DirectX so cancelled the pop-up, went to sign-in page ??? Not sure that's even what it was, typed in a name and the screen froze. I had to Control, Alt, Delete to get out. Not worth the trouble of retrying. Deleting game and moving on.

Faylyn

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 9, 11 9:06 AM

The game seemed to work OK except there was no sound. I checked my speakers and they're working fine so, I assume its the game.

Otherwise, the game was not that great anyhow, so I just deleted.

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on May 9, 11 11:04 AM
Ditto! The game only allowed me to enter my name and then it froze.
Didn't really look like a good game or a game I would enjoy anyway.

shastac2

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on May 9, 11 11:32 AM
I had no problems with the obligatory Director X update but the darn game just will not open in the game manager. Not for the first time that has happened lately, funny how it never used to be a problem, in fact third or fourth game in the last several weeks.... It is getting so that when there is an update of the game manager or essentials I am reluctant to accept.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on May 9, 11 11:50 AM
Hi everyone!

Even if you already have the most up-to-date version of DirectX, please accept the DirectX installation request when downloading Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues. This should address errors related to DirectX or DLL being missing or corrupt. More info can be found here:

Error 126

For issues with the game crashing, the steps in this help article may come in handy:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the trouble persists, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team and they'll gladly assist further. Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks and hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on May 9, 11 1:03 PM
Are they related? the directx download and the error message, error 126 with the rest of the verbage, that ember89 has posted here. Direct X won't complete installing and then I get that 126 error message. Are the 2 related?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 9, 11 1:29 PM
BlackWaterRules wrote:Are they related? the directx download and the error message, error 126 with the rest of the verbage, that ember89 has posted here. Direct X won't complete installing and then I get that 126 error message. Are the 2 related?

Did you click on the blue Error 126 in bfgDonau's post above? It takes you to an article about this error and YES they are related. The article gives info on how you MAY be able to solve the problem.

[Post New]by gramkracker48756 on May 9, 11 1:50 PM
another of many games that freeze up after entering my name. I accepted the directx download.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 9, 11 2:08 PM
Did you press ENTER after entering your name? If I remember correctly, that is what you do. There was a short "lag" in my game before it went on to the menu page. I also thought it wasn't going to work, but it did.

Also, you have to press ESC to get out of the game and back to the menu. I also thought it had locked up the computer because I couldn't figure out how to get out. Pressing ESC solved that Problem.

[Post New]by Needletime2 on May 9, 11 4:16 PM
Same issue............after sort of into, got screen with 3 boxes marked "Empty", put my name in the first one and was frozen, took my name out and was still frozen.............going to delete.
Have downloaded tons of games from BFG and this is only the second time I have had a problem......................hope it's the last!

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on May 9, 11 5:44 PM
Wow, downloaded and did everything I was asked to do; got three boxes marked "empty" , put in my name and nothing! Never had a problem with any BFG before, but I guess there's always a first for everything; on my way to delete this one.

Go to: