Shocker.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Shocker.

[Post New]by nomatt on May 9, 11 12:14 AM
I managed to play this for 3 minutes, and that was an effort. Deleted already. Absolutely shocker of a game. Everything is wrong with it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Shocker.

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 9, 11 12:21 AM
Hi there Nomatt,
The screenshots didn't look too exciting in light of the recent offerings.
Any idea who the developer is?
Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 9, 11 12:25 AM
Didn't look impressive at all here either. Not even going to bother with a DL.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on May 9, 11 12:26 AM
i havent managed to try this game as i cant get past the first put your name in place but dont think ill bother with it looks a very poor offering

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 9, 11 12:26 AM
Dev is Most Wanted Entertainment....
This game must come under the category of 'least wanted'! Lasted 2 minutes. Game a weird shape on my screen, looked very dated, menus hard to see.
Compared with the latest crop of beautiful adventure ihogs and frogs this game is seriously bad.

[Post New]by Kimmeh86 on May 9, 11 12:35 AM
I took one look at the screenshots, and could already tell it was a no buy.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 9, 11 12:42 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for the info Belamba, I will check them out.
Maybe someone needs to go beyond the "entry point" of cartoons etc to see whether this game is better than so far reported.
Anyone out there up to the challenge?
Cheers.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 9, 11 12:54 AM
The opening scenes and first activity are very different from farther on in the game.

The game is not about what you might think after seeing the opening scenes. It is a missing family member again.

I did play about 30min before having to quit because I was about to have a migraine from the eye strain. The art has a water color effect which doesn't work well for me with the hidden objects.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 9, 11 1:01 AM
Hi there mcurty,
I am glad at least someone has reported back as to the further merits for this game.
I haven't tried it yet myself, but sometimes games need to be persisted with beyond the opening scenes or initial impressions to really get a feel for them.
Cheers

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 9, 11 1:03 AM
Most Wanted Entertainment is a Hungarian developer.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 9, 11 1:55 AM
Hmmm. Sounds perfectly bleak! Maybe I should give this one a try. Perhaps it would make me like yesterday's TGT. I seemed to be in a major minority (is that an oxymoron?) thinking that the Hidden Glass Lane game was clunky to play and kind of lame-ish.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on May 9, 11 6:04 AM
At least Ukrainian developers like ERS & Vogat know how to do good graphics!

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on May 9, 11 7:22 AM
what do you do after you have typed in your name. Icant see anything to start playing

[Post New]by ManuelaAnna on May 9, 11 8:18 AM
The items to find are mostly in the dark and really tiny. I deleted this boring game after ten minutes. Can't believe that I lasted such long...

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 9, 11 8:40 AM
Ashamed to say that I deleted after less than 60 seconds.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on May 9, 11 9:17 AM
all I can say is yikes is this 2011 or 1984?

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on May 9, 11 11:12 AM
I also deleted this game, after only a few minutes. The items are very obscure and difficult to find. I also found the graphics to be a bit "fuzzy", rather than sharp with good contrast. Thank goodness I tried before I bought it...

A 'No' for me!

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on May 9, 11 11:15 AM
belamba wrote:Dev is Most Wanted Entertainment....
This game must come under the category of 'least wanted'! Lasted 2 minutes. Game a weird shape on my screen, looked very dated, menus hard to see.
Compared with the latest crop of beautiful adventure ihogs and frogs this game is seriously bad.

I'm ralatively new to these forums. I know what "hogs" are, but would someone please tell me what "ihogs" and "frogs" are?

Thanks!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 11 12:19 PM
SSSTANG wrote:
belamba wrote:Dev is Most Wanted Entertainment....

I'm ralatively new to these forums. I know what "hogs" are, but would someone please tell me what "ihogs" and "frogs" are?

Thanks!!
IHOG = Interactive Hidden Object Game (has an inventory). FROG = FR(actured) or FR(agmented) (Hidden) Object Game (an IHOG where the usable item has to be found and assembled).

All FROGs are IHOGs but not all IHOGs are FROGs.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 12:20:46 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 9, 11 1:35 PM
lanzakaren wrote:what do you do after you have typed in your name. Icant see anything to start playing

This was a bit confusing, but I think I just hit enter. There was a short lag and then it went to the menu screen.

Go to: