ultravl
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

IN GENERAL

[Post New]by ultravl on May 9, 11 1:31 AM
JMO BUT....
PRIMITIVE, BLURRY, CREATED ON THE CHEAP NO DOUBT, NO STORY LINE REALLY, BORING, IMPOSSIBLE TO LOCATE 90% OF HIDDEN OBJECTS...

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM BF???? IS THE QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT ON STRIKE?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

IN GENERAL

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 9, 11 1:38 AM
ultravl wrote:JMO BUT....
PRIMITIVE, BLURRY, CREATED ON THE CHEAP NO DOUBT, NO STORY LINE REALLY, BORING, IMPOSSIBLE TO LOCATE 90% OF HIDDEN OBJECTS...

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM BF???? IS THE QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT ON STRIKE?

...maybe not, but not all games can be stellar!! This was probably thought of and developed as a good idea, but has not met our expected requirements for this genre of game.
Cheers

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:IN GENERAL

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 9, 11 1:54 AM
I take it you didn't like this game

BFG offer 'a new game every day'. It doesn't pretend to offer 'a new game you will absolutely love and not be able to live without game every day'. It does what it says and as DragonLady pointed out, not every game will live up to expectations.

You have to be prepared to take the good with the bad. I've bought 2 games so far this month with a 3rd 'possible' on my list. I don't think that's bad for only 9 days into May! Be patient; a 'must have' game will turn up sooner or later

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on May 9, 11 4:16 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I take it you didn't like this game

BFG offer 'a new game every day'. It doesn't pretend to offer 'a new game you will absolutely love and not be able to live without game every day'. It does what it says and as DragonLady pointed out, not every game will live up to expectations.

You have to be prepared to take the good with the bad. I've bought 2 games so far this month with a 3rd 'possible' on my list. I don't think that's bad for only 9 days into May! Be patient; a 'must have' game will turn up sooner or later

A new game every day yes, but does it mean that ALL quality has to go out the window. I have played 10 mins of this game and found it boring and no story line, but one should at least be able to find things on the screen it is a blurr and thats with my glasses on. Not a buy for me.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 9, 11 5:46 AM
I think it is an insult to offer us a game this bad. Just my opinion, of course.

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on May 9, 11 6:27 AM
This game goes to the top of the list of BAD games. Couldn't find any of the items on list.. timer.. no skip on minigames.. and everything else about it. NO BUY or play for me!! Reading others opinion about this game did anybody really like it?

[Post New]by Raygan on May 9, 11 7:10 AM
This game by far is the worst game ever from BF.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 9, 11 11:20 PM
I also didn't like this game, but the developers have mostly done nintendo and xbox games up to this point, so perhaps they are trying to break into a new market? I don't play those games so I have no idea if they influenced the developers in the style or game play. Perhaps someone else can comment on that?

Somewhere in the threads (I think it was in the C&R section) someone posted that the developers should read threads before developing games, which is very good advice. But, since these developers didn't seem to do so, perhaps all of our comments will make a difference.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 10, 11 3:30 AM
I agree Lucy1997, I deleted the game after 15 minutes, But maybe soon we will get another game that you can see the items, and not blurry..sorry BF,,

xedster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by xedster on May 10, 11 7:10 AM
I've never complained about a game offered at Big Fish games, though I've visited the site every day for 3 years. However, this game, Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues, is far and away the worst game I've seen offered on this site. The graphic quality is very low (sort of fuzzy and out of focus), making the finding of hidden objects nearly impossible; one cannot skip past a puzzle--and hence, can be stuck on one lame mini-game f-o-r-e-v-e-r; and the storyline is poor (what storyline?)--all of this game is pretty bad in general. Frustrating.

I guess I have come to expect at the very least good-quality games at Big Fish. And while not every game has to be top-of-the-line, how about "average"? This game was below average. Sad, because I'm sure the developers know their stuff--they're just not showing their talents here, in this particular game.

sprigmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sprigmom on May 10, 11 9:25 AM
I have to agree with the complaints here. This game's graphics are VERY hard on the eyes. I'm a huge HOG fan, but this one wasn't worth playing after the first few minutes. It was extremely hard to find items; many of them just look like little blobs. I have fairly good eyesight, although not as good as a few years ago! I quickly got sick of having to use a hint and wait for it to recharge just to find the next item. I didn't play far enough to form an opinion on the story line. I was too dizzy from trying to focus on the hidden items and gave up. Generally, even if I'm not crazy about a trial game, I play it through to the end of the trial, just for something to do, but this one wasn't even worth that! Sorry!

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on May 10, 11 10:12 AM
Agree with all the negatives here. This was bad, didn't play more than 10 min. of the demo. Definite no buy!!!

By the way -- people should be able to express a negative opinion here without being told they aren't going always like the games being offered and getting a slap on the hand.......

Edited on 05/10/2011 at 10:13:42 AM PST

xedster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by xedster on May 12, 11 8:06 AM
M_E_M_O_M wrote:Agree with all the negatives here. This was bad, didn't play more than 10 min. of the demo. Definite no buy!!!

By the way -- people should be able to express a negative opinion here without being told they aren't going always like the games being offered and getting a slap on the hand.......

I totally agree. Opinions will not always be positive. And no one should be afraid to express a rightfully deserved negative. In this case, the negatives were well deserved.

HAULBOOTY
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HAULBOOTY on May 12, 11 1:22 PM
Must say, "Dang," this is not good. Sorry. Only made it to first puzzle. IMO, I agree with almost all the other negative comments on the game. Did not enjoy, at all. Bye, Bye. Meet the can man.

Go to: