lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Cross in the church

[Post New]by lynwil on May 10, 11 1:29 AM
Can anyone help please, I'm in the church but the cross does not open the secret compartment. I've got 5 white stones, the sap and a feather - have I missed something?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Cross in the church

[Post New]by mcurty on May 11, 11 12:48 AM
lynwil wrote:Can anyone help please, I'm in the church but the cross does not open the secret compartment. I've got 5 white stones, the sap and a feather - have I missed something?

It's hard to tell if you've missed something or not -- the compartment should open after inserting the cross and clicking on it.

The only thing I remember that is a little hard to notice is completing the fresco puzzle on the right side of the altar.

I suggest that you look at the walk through and look through it to see what you might have missed to trigger this puzzle. It can be found at the top of this game forum or you can copy and paste this link in your browser to get there.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/shiver-vanishing-hitchhiker-walkthrough/#5

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Cross in the church

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 11 12:58 AM
Coincidence - I went back to try and finish Shiver today and got stuck in the same spot trying to get that thing to open. Wandered everywhere to see what I missed and finally got online to the walkthrough. I had missed a mini in the same room. Then more traipsing trying to find my way back there.

There is a mosaic on the right side of the altar I had missed, a swap pieces picture. Spent some time on it, lost patience (way past my dinner time) so finally skipped it and went back to that cross.

Sorry now I didn't get the CE and followed a guide at least. Another trip in circles was trying to find that sap on a tree which I saw early in the game. I seem to get so off track when I look at a WT and have taken a different route, scroll back to see where I went out of some sequence.

I swear there were no sparkles on that picture puzzle, I play on Easy and click every spark I see, that one was hiding. Hope you find it. good luck!

ps really nice visuals at the end.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 11, 11 3:38 AM
Since I just finished this game myself. I still remember this part.

Just thought that I would add that there is a completed fresco on the left side of the altar to compare. Also not sparkled. I found the left one by accident and then much later found the right puzzle swap one.

I tried that puzzle swap without studying the completed one carefully and boy was it a toughy for me. It is very deceiving. I finally remembered to check the other one and then I could finally do it.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 11, 11 11:34 AM
I don't believe there were sparklies on that right side fresco puzzle either. I just found it by accident clicking around the altar area. Didn't realize that it matched the one on the left. It was a toughy for me also. Probably would have helped if I had noticed that it was like the one on the left that was already completed.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 12, 11 6:20 AM
Question is how many fishies does it take to catch all angles and complete a game action requirement?

Answer is it takes 4 fishies and a walkthrough to catch everything.

lol, this is kinda funny. Little details we notice and don't notice. I know we were playing the same game but I'm scratching my head wondering why I never saw the sparkles on the left either, lol.

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Sep 21, 11 10:44 AM
Ok I give up. Ive gone over every square inch of the left side of that church and I can't find the puzzle fresco to save my life. Can someone please tell me where it is? Can't even find the completed one LOL Thanks.

Go to: