bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 11, 11 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fruits Inc.? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fruits Inc.

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 11, 11 12:48 AM
Ok, fellow fishies, I'll take the plunge. I like some time management games as long as they don't make me too crazy (like Farm Frenzy, which I was obsessed with for about a week). But Fruits Inc only made me crazy because I couldn't figure out how to play the game effectively.

I have never played a TM game that doesn't let you get a gold on the first level as you learn; for this one it took me three tries to get a gold medal. I think I figured out how to sell the apples early (but I'm still not sure); and by level two (or was it three?) grandma forced me not only to hire workers but also to hire a technician, whose function was obscure. At least I couldn't figure out how to return to the game without hiring a technician. Also, Grandma's sizeable body wouldn't let me start growing apples--the seconds were ticking away and she was still occupying a lot of the screen.

Happy fruit growing to all who figure Fruits Inc. out, but this is one game I will happily delete.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 12:49:23 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 11, 11 12:55 AM
Thanks bfg for brought us two tm in a row, both are farming games!!

This game is one in a few TMs that I hate....the tutorial is not clear and you will get confusing since the first level, I even can't earn expert in the first lv. The graphics is good but nothing new compare to other farming games...

If I compare it with recently released Hobby Farm, this game is really bad, that one much better!

Deleted it with no doubt!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 11, 11 1:05 AM
Morning all totally agree with the first comments thought it was me . Could'nt figure out what to do at all and before I knew it all my trees had died because I didnt know how to hire a technician no apple pie for me tonight My day off today so will have to dig out an old game or crack on with the ironing . Have a good day all .

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on May 11, 11 1:33 AM
Yikes. This game is bad. I was lost on the first level.

Put this way, I have 57 minutes left, and I uninstalled it. Farm Frenzy makes me crazy, but at least I understand it. This game might as well be written in Chinese, that's how clear the instructions were.

Skipping

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on May 11, 11 1:35 AM
In the review of yesterday's game (Hobby Farm), someone commented that the developers seemed to have listened and took things into account like a manageable learning curve, a relaxed play option and even the ability to use a left-handed mouse!

The developers of THIS game seem to have never even glanced at the reviews of similar games. The instructions were vague in the extreme...even for the first level! The story premise was as old as the hills and as Lucy said, Grandma takes up too much of the screen!

Imagine not being able to get "gold" on the first level!!??!! If it's THAT hard at the beginning, how much harder is it going to get later on???

I won't be around to find out!

ETA: And if Grandma said "Gonna" ONE MORE TIME, I was going to plant HER along with the apple tree!

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 1:35:57 AM PST

Malo21
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Malo21 on May 11, 11 1:51 AM
This game is W-A-A-A-A-A-Y to slow. Deleted with 45 min left!!

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on May 11, 11 2:07 AM
Tutorial very poor.
Idea/concept good but impossible as already said to get Gold on first 2 levels first time around.

Done level 1.3- 6 times now and still cannot get gold.
Can only get half required amount of money by time Gold expires.
Totally impossible with amount of fields/fruit etc in allocated time.
Will not buy.

momniecy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by momniecy on May 11, 11 4:07 AM
All the others are correct, this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever encountered, and it could have been a real fun game.

First, I've never encountered a game that wasted time teaching you how to play, thereby making it almost impossible to achieve a gold trophy. Secondly, Grandma gives very confusing instructions and even if you do understand, she stays on the screen longer than she has to, wasting precious time. I wouldn't mind her on the screen, if you could do something while she talked, but you can't do anything until she leaves.

When my daughter passed by me trying to play this game, she asked me, "why are you playing a game that frustrates you so much?" I told her it was a challenge, but after getting to level 4, and seeing the same thing every level, I decided to hit the delete key. (breathing a sigh of relief) Now I have my sanity back.

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on May 11, 11 5:18 AM
Well, it is now deleted.

Gold Level 3 impossible.

Working it out-
1 cycle = 10 seconds.
4 lots of apples as you only have 4 farms, is 4 x $20= $80
You need to raise $850.

To achieve Gold you theoretically would need 5 cycles which is 50 seconds so on paper possible BUT only with no bugs on the farms.
And even though Gold Time is 1 minute 15 seconds there is insufficient time to get more crops. 25 seconds is not enough time.

If you leave the bugs the fruit price drops anyway.
Clear the bugs and you lose the crop.
No win (pun!!) situation.

Total disaster.

Big Fish you made an error with this game.

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on May 11, 11 5:20 AM
OMG! I am a time management/strategy game junkie ( not so much on the HOG's as they have no replay value)........this one is really dumb a**! Rescue Team was the last decent game to be put out since Royal Envoy.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 11, 11 5:33 AM
eidica2 wrote:OMG! I am a time management/strategy game junkie ( not so much on the HOG's as they have no replay value)........this one is really dumb a**! Rescue Team was the last decent game to be put out since Royal Envoy.

hi, and welcome to the pond, did you try "time builders pyramid rising" it is very simular to royal envoy, but with a egyptian theme.......very fun

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on May 11, 11 5:48 AM
bella81762 wrote:
eidica2 wrote:OMG! I am a time management/strategy game junkie ( not so much on the HOG's as they have no replay value)........this one is really dumb a**! Rescue Team was the last decent game to be put out since Royal Envoy.

hi, and welcome to the pond, did you try "time builders pyramid rising" it is very simular to royal envoy, but with a egyptian theme.......very fun

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on May 11, 11 5:50 AM
hi! and thankyou. Yes I've played that one. I've played mostly them all! I hear there is a Royal Envoy 2 coming out soon. I'd also like to see a Wandering Willows 2 as well.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 11, 11 6:48 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:Ok, fellow fishies, I'll take the plunge. I like some time management games as long as they don't make me too crazy (like Farm Frenzy, which I was obsessed with for about a week). But Fruits Inc only made me crazy because I couldn't figure out how to play the game effectively.

I have never played a TM game that doesn't let you get a gold on the first level as you learn; for this one it took me three tries to get a gold medal. I think I figured out how to sell the apples early (but I'm still not sure); and by level two (or was it three?) grandma forced me not only to hire workers but also to hire a technician, whose function was obscure. At least I couldn't figure out how to return to the game without hiring a technician. Also, Grandma's sizeable body wouldn't let me start growing apples--the seconds were ticking away and she was still occupying a lot of the screen.

Happy fruit growing to all who figure Fruits Inc. out, but this is one game I will happily delete.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 11, 11 6:54 AM
I found the gameplay to be a little slow but if you pay attention, you can get gold on each level. You have to sell the fruit earlier, and plant more trees or hire more workers (without being prompted to). In other words watch the board and buy materials when needed and drag the fruit to the factory just before it sells automatically. It's kind of clever and expects you to be the same. I just wish it was faster. It's not a buy just because of that reason.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 11, 11 8:01 AM
WooHoo!!! If this game wasn't so complicated, it might be fun. I found it too slow and too many buttons to push to make things happen. No buy here I just don't have enough interest.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 11, 11 8:16 AM
Yesterdays tm farming game was very good, but this game isn`t. I found it also slow and not really interesting. Its a "no buy" for me

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 10:01:45 AM PST

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on May 11, 11 8:18 AM
I am a huge TM fan, but this game was so fail I can't even force myself to finish the tutorial. Perhaps in some other time, on some other planet, after the several levels of non-explanation of how to play the game, it gets better. I'm not wasting my credit to find out though.

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 8:33 AM
MickyTeddy wrote:Well, it is now deleted.

Gold Level 3 impossible.

Working it out-
1 cycle = 10 seconds.
4 lots of apples as you only have 4 farms, is 4 x $20= $80
You need to raise $850.

To achieve Gold you theoretically would need 5 cycles which is 50 seconds so on paper possible BUT only with no bugs on the farms.
And even though Gold Time is 1 minute 15 seconds there is insufficient time to get more crops. 25 seconds is not enough time.

If you leave the bugs the fruit price drops anyway.
Clear the bugs and you lose the crop.
No win (pun!!) situation.

Total disaster.

Big Fish you made an error with this game.

I am from the production team and we are really sorry to hear all of that from you guys. Specially regarding the gold and silver times.

critics are always welcome. and we hope you guys can give the game a second chance. we really believe Fruits is a nice experience and by the time you figure it out (shouldn't take too long, and sorry for that) it get's really good

some tips:
learn to use the $ button at the proper time
dragging the fruits to the farms helps a lot
doing what grandma says in the first levels will lead you to gold times easily, and she won't appear anymore

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 10:02:54 AM PST

Go to: