bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Romopolis

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 11, 11 12:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Romopolis? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romopolis

[Post New]by Zakler on May 11, 11 3:34 AM
I'm sorry, but these kind of DD makes me thinking about cancelling my membership.

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on May 11, 11 8:58 AM
I have been in TMG withdrawal, so I downloaded this demo and ran with it. It is a building game (surprise!) in the tradition of Build-a-Lot. You need to "help Caesar" (like seriously he needs our help?) by building homes, markets, religious buildings and other such things. You have to manage happiness, religion, commerce, etc. In addition to the time goal, you can set the game to include a end time or not. There is also a goal for a "trophy" on each level.

I found the "helper" annoying. He talked to much and said things I just didn't need to hear. But, the tutorial was good. I was annoyed that I didn't make gold on the last level I was of the tutorial, mostly because of the way I was forced to work it based on the tutorial.

One thing that concerns me is that the map only shows 28 levels. (I think it was 28 - demo done, can't go back and look) It seems awfully short considering I went through 8 levels (I demand perfection before I can continue) in the demo.

With the dearth of TM games lately, this is likely a buy for me at $2.99.

[Post New]by cheddarmelt on May 11, 11 2:15 PM
Sorry. Can't bring myself to pay even three bucks for a game called "Romopolis." Is this supposed to look like Rome, as the first three letters would suggest, or a Greek city-state, as the root "-polis" would suggest?

Sorry, but the this one doesn't even get past my Ignorant Developer Alarm.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on May 11, 11 8:55 PM
This is one of the best building games I've tried for ages . Not only is there a relaxed mode but you can gain a 'reward' for each level even if you're weeks overdue . Medals are awarded if you complete the level on time. I finished the first 3 levels on time but have plodded along trying to achieve the bonus reward for the rest of the levels.

There is also a freeplay mode where you can decide your own goals and time limits OR have none at all and just experiment with how to achieve maximum results before going back to the regular game.

Die hard TM players can also have a great run for their money.

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Jan 2, 12 2:06 AM
Ok I love the game! I like building games and ones with ancient civilizations are the best!
Opols is a greek suffix but remember, the Romans borrowered alot from the Greeks!
I really liked the relaxed mode where you get to take your time and set your own goals , however ther eare only 2 maps in that mode and I wish there were more.Can't wait for Romopolis 2

[Post New]by Arwencire on Mar 11, 14 10:48 AM
Since I can not find any tab to start a new post I post here.... soz if I missed the regular part of the site for this.
I found it a Nice Game, bit static on some points (prob my slow advance in what to get where etc).
I played all 24 levels and used only 3x the "walkthrough" I found.
OK...I'm not into that "Medal Stuff" at all, so went for the (for me) more satisfying rewards (soz forgot the name for those) each level.
Whatever "time-fast-finish" hints/walkthrough I know.... I Always end up short in the time I need to complete a level. I guess i'm a real "simcity" player.
BUT....... A question: What is the use of making your "own" sandbox level if you have to delete it to play/make another after you done it? I made few, played them, got the goals (of course since I made them myself), said to myself: "Oh you Masterplayer!" and that was it. OK to make a sandbox level to play once and test it out is a real challenge too, but I want more besides the "OK you did it, you wanne play sandbox again? Make a new sandbox level and loose your old one"
I got an few ideas about that:
1) Let people make their own levels and post them for download to let other people play your "homemade" scenario's.
2) Can you make the Basic lands of 5x5 bigger? Like after certain level to 6x6 etc.
As said this reply is probably the wrong place, but guide to the place I DO need to post issues like this.

Go to: