shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 11, 11 12:19 AM
Just passing through to put up this thread for the TM fans - two in a row, you are on a roll!

To my fellow IHOGgers - we had a good run and knew it couldn't last forever. It's a good thing that I have a few games I haven't had time to play yet. If Mudrock is correct we will have promising sounding CE to demo tomorrow.

Ciao everybody - Happy Gaming

 
nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 11, 11 12:24 AM
You're right shadowfax,I'm an IHOGER too and waiting for a good SE.

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 11, 11 12:27 AM
Hi there Shadowfax,
Well game has been up for 20 minutes at the start of typing, 22 "look-ins" and so far you and I are the only two posters. Must be an exciting game if people are too engrossed to stop and offer comments etc.
Maybe we should become TM fans as they seem to get good games with no Technical problems, comments about lousy graphics, cost, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.
Hope this is so and that those of you who enjoy these types of games have a good one.
Cheers.
PS Hey Shadowfax, did you check out Black Caviar? She's racing again this weekend. I hope I haven't put the Kibosh on her!!
Edited to add - please update my statistical comments to take into account nwr1948x.

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 12:29:13 AM PST


 
nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 11, 11 12:29 AM
Excuuuuuuse ME ! 2 posters ?

eta.........thank you

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 12:30:43 AM PST


 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 11, 11 12:51 AM
nwr1948x wrote: Excuuuuuuse ME ! 2 posters ?

eta.........thank you

You're welcome to my stats - now an actual post in the Comments and Reviews thread. Yay. We can all swim away now and hope others will take over.
Cheers

 
Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 11, 11 12:51 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there Shadowfax,
Well game has been up for 20 minutes at the start of typing, 22 "look-ins" and so far you and I are the only two posters. Must be an exciting game if people are too engrossed to stop and offer comments etc.
Maybe we should become TM fans as they seem to get good games with no Technical problems, comments about lousy graphics, cost, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.
Hope this is so and that those of you who enjoy these types of games have a good one.
Cheers.
PS Hey Shadowfax, did you check out Black Caviar? She's racing again this weekend. I hope I haven't put the Kibosh on her!!
Edited to add - please update my statistical comments to take into account nwr1948x.


I don't think this is an exciting game. I was simply puzzled about how to work this game. Have you ever heard of a TM that doesn't give you a gold on the first level? Sheesh, but I'm going to bed!

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 11, 11 1:01 AM
I like time management games, but not this one.

It reminded me too much of Farmville on facebook, (I still have nightmares about 284 friend requests & neighbour requests, )

As as someone said, the tutorial was a bit confusing., still I am saving lods of ££££ & my house has never looked so clean LOL

jojo

 
Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 11, 11 1:32 AM
jojo_the_joyfull: " (I still have nightmares about 284 friend requests & neighbour requests, )"

LOLOLOL, ditto, after that I closed my account there...

 
unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by unclewally on May 11, 11 3:23 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:I like time management games, but not this one.

It reminded me too much of Farmville on facebook, (I still have nightmares about 284 friend requests & neighbour requests, )

As as someone said, the tutorial was a bit confusing., still I am saving lods of ££££ & my house has never looked so clean LOL

jojo


Could someone please tell me where the "££££" key is? Do you suppose mine got back ordered? I know nothing about 'puters (as some of you already know, huh Shadow) and it's driving me crazy looking for it. ( admittedly it was a very short trip.)
thanks,
unclewally

 
LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by LilyCat on May 11, 11 3:39 AM
From the comments posted so far it sounds as though the game should be called "Fruit Sink".

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 11, 11 3:51 AM
LOL Unclewally

To get the £ sign, press shift & 3.

To get the hidden elusive sign, press ctrl, alt & 4

HTH

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 11, 11 3:53 AM
LilyCat wrote:From the comments posted so far it sounds as though the game should be called "Fruit Sink".


I Freudiantly first read your post as "fruit stink" LOL

 
ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by ajuma on May 11, 11 4:32 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:
LilyCat wrote:From the comments posted so far it sounds as though the game should be called "Fruit Sink".


I Freudiantly first read your post as "fruit stink" LOL


Both are appropriate for this game!!!!!

 
shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 11, 11 4:37 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:LOL Unclewally

To get the £ sign, press shift & 3.

To get the hidden elusive sign, press ctrl, alt & 4

HTH


Okay... I tried this and it didn't work.
Are you sure this is supposed to work on U.S. keyboards or am I just lame??

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 11, 11 6:47 AM
OMG, I didn't even know that our keyboards were different, only that the " and @ are swapped round.

OK, Lets try something else here. Alt codes.

alt + 0163 = £

alt + 0128 = €

alt +0153 = ™

alt + 0228 = ä

alt + 0235 = ë

Etc. You can google a complete list of alt codes, if you need them LOL. (Very useful if you plan on emailing someone in Greek, French or Spanish LOL.

Jojo

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 6:49:46 AM PST


 
bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 11, 11 7:59 AM
i dont mind tms animore, but i wish they were the builders,

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 11, 11 8:35 AM
What sort Bella?

I am re running Roads to Rome at the moment, just replayed the fabulous Royal Envoy but I also so enjoy the Build a lot games & be rich.

 
SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by SnowNSew on May 11, 11 12:19 PM
bella81762 wrote:i dont mind tms animore, but i wish they were the builders,


If you like builders, you really should try Fruits, inc. It really is more of a building game than a farming game. Not really sure why people think of it as a farming game - I am not fond of farming games . . . they get tedious to me.

JMHO.

 
Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 11, 11 6:18 PM
SnowNSew wrote:If you like builders, you really should try Fruits, inc. It really is more of a building game than a farming game. Not really sure why people think of it as a farming game - I am not fond of farming games . . . they get tedious to me.

JMHO.

Thanks SnowNSew, that's good to know. I downloaded this a.m. and was always going to demo it eventually but in no hurry, partly because I am still busy dragon keeping (have been for a whole week) but mainly because I am less likely to want a farming game too.

I will make time for it sooner after seeing your review in the C&R thread because I do like a good size dose of strategy in my TM games .

jojo_the_joyful wrote:To get the hidden elusive sign, press ctrl, alt & 4


Thanks Jojo, I had no idea I could get that symbol using my UK keyboard setup, but that worked for me

I couldn't get the alt + 0128 to work at first, nothing happened, so I googled like you suggested and found out it was supposed to be the numeric key pad. Tried that and still seemed to not work until I noticed that the sign doesn't appear until you let go the alt key and I was still holding it down as I looked for the symbol to appear . Thanks for that list too .

Edited on 05/11/2011 at 6:20:49 PM PST


 
shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 11, 11 8:36 PM
Thank you Daisy May!!!

You are right - it works just fine for me when I use the numeric keypad!!

Now I've got it, living in the U.S. I doubt I will ever use it, but I've got it!! LOL

 
 
 
 
Go to: