shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 12, 11 12:17 AM
Woohoo!! CE Thursday is upon us... I hope it's a good one folks.

Hey fishies! Thank you very much, for starting this thread. I stickied it for you. Have fun!

Here some general information:

What do you think of Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 1:42:49 AM PST

unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by unclewally on May 12, 11 12:27 AM
It is!. . . I mean . . ahh. . err. . . yeah, . . me too.
unclewally

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Leemo on May 12, 11 12:28 AM
This is a copy of an earlier post of mine in another thread.

I beta tested this this morning and was VERY impressed. Gorgeous graphics, excellent music and sound effects. HOscenes are not junkpile and the find list is in large print .

HOscenes are interactive, inventive and fun for once. Mini games are very good and I love the story. Huge 'Well Done!" to Daily Magic Productions and .

I'm off to buy the full version now

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on May 12, 11 12:35 AM
I don't like the graphics, very unclear, perhaps my screen is too big, but I can see the pixels far too good (and I don't want to see them like this)

I don't know yet if I will buy it, normally I love CE's and bought a lot of them the last year, but now I will play the full hour

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 12, 11 12:36 AM
unclewally wrote:It is!. . . I mean . . ahh. . err. . . yeah, . . me too.
unclewally

Are you feeling confused today? LOL!
I am not sure about this one yet. The SG is not accessible from the demo and there is no choice of difficulty, therefore we have the dreaded sparkles. I do agree about the interactive H0 scenes though.

ETA. Apparently I missed the guide . Thank you DragonLadyOz

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 12:51:36 AM PST

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on May 12, 11 12:37 AM
Yay!! This is great so far! Played 25 minutes and had to stop and buy. Cool graphics, love the music, and most important an engaging storyline. Thanks BF...now back to the fog! Happy happy gaming all!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 12, 11 12:38 AM
Wasn't there someone who went on a tirade recently about people saying, "Downloading now."? Anyway...

Downloading now.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 12, 11 12:40 AM
ROFL Tsk...tsk Poodlebear!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 12, 11 12:48 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Wasn't there someone who went on a tirade recently about people saying, "Downloading now."? Anyway...

Downloading now.

I agreed with that OP's tirade (at the time), but I've since changed my mind. So, without further ado, downloading now, (he said sheepishly).

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 12:49:34 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 12, 11 12:49 AM
Hi there,
It is a pet peeve of mine when the SG is not available in the trial or sample version of a game released as a CE, however just in case it actually is enabled and has been missed, it is found on the top left hand corner on a button labelled "Guide".
Cheers.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 1:36:27 AM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Menesa on May 12, 11 12:57 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Woohoo!! CE Thursday is upon us... I hope it's a good one folks.
Sure has been a long week of really poor games.I was loosing hope of a reprieve but this looks promising
Heard on the FB grapevine there are some goodies in the pipeline...cant wait
Salaams from Oz

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 12, 11 12:58 AM
The guide is available. It's located in the upper left hand corner.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 12, 11 12:58 AM
The guide is available. It's located in the upper left hand corner.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 12, 11 1:02 AM
grannyq wrote:The guide is available. It's located in the upper left hand corner.

OK. I am having a silly day, I have seen the guide now.Thank you too grannyq

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 12, 11 1:06 AM
Have played for about 45 mins of demo and really like the game. Graphics are more than decent, music is very good and appropriate. Game is very interactive especially in the object scenes. Story is entertaining...even if it is another ghost tale. Some fishies have asked about the guide...works or doesn't work in demo. I had no problem using guide in demo mode. I will leave the more detailed reviews to those who like doing them...I'm off to buy and back to playing the game.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 12, 11 1:07 AM
Great graphics and love the storyline. Off to purchase.
Happy game day fishies

5hrs later and finished... this is a great great game. Loved it. The graphics just keep getting better and better as I played. Feel I got my monies worth. Didnt want it to end.

Wish the bonus was a little longer but no complaints on this game from me.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 5:43:37 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 12, 11 1:09 AM
Wow, another great game! I buy it. Great story, spooky I like that. Nice puzzles.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 12, 11 1:09 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Wasn't there someone who went on a tirade recently about people saying, "Downloading now."? Anyway...

Downloading now.

You know why Moses was stutter? Because the Devil asked God to test him. And God came to Moses baby and put in front of him a beautiful diamond, and a piece of ember, and asked him to choose between the two. Moses chosed the ember and put it straight to his mouth. That's why he is stutter... And that's why people will do anything to break the restrictions - what? I can't touch it? Ha, wait and see...

On topic: I am downloading too...and already bought the game. There is some original concept about the HOG scenes - they are very interactive, which increases the Adventure mode in the game.

I hope very much that the game will run fine. Still waiting for the Raincliff patch.

Thanks developers, thanks BF.

Edit for typo

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 1:17:31 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 12, 11 1:20 AM
Hi there,
Already posted elsewhere, but thought I would add this here.
In regard to the sparkles - I declined the "help" at the start and I don't know if this is an option in the game, but, yes there are sparkles that indicate the H0 scenes, but seems to me that you have to "search" for other item/clues.
There are a lot of interractions within the H0 scenes to keep us all busy as to how to find items.
Cheers.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on May 12, 11 1:25 AM
I am so excited to see a good game! I have only played about 15 minutes and I am hooked. I love, love the sarcastic comments when you try to do something you shouldn't. lol

I really like the interaction with the Hidden Object scenes. I haven't had any problems seeing the objects, just have to use my old brain to figure what goes where, etc.

Thank you ! I hope everyone enjoys playing this one. Happy Gaming!

Joy (doing my happy dance)

Go to: