Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Game is running so slow!!!!

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 12, 11 1:04 AM
Is any one else having this problem? The game is running so slow. I don't know what the problem is. I would love it, if any one out there has any suggestions. I want to buy this game. Thank you.

Re:Game is running so slow!!!!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 12, 11 1:06 AM
No problem here. Try unstall and restall again. Good luck!

Lottea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Lottea on May 12, 11 1:21 AM
I seem to be having alot of trouble with the cursor running slow and jurky, I turned off the custom cursor,but it didn't seem to help. Any one else have this happening?

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 12, 11 1:22 AM
The whole game is running slow. I also turned off the custom cursor. It helped a little, but not enough to really notice.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 12, 11 1:45 AM
I have a brand new PC and all is running fine.

Are you sure your PC has the right requirements for the game (see requirements on main game page).

Have you tried a system shut down and restart (shut down so Windows has to load from scratch - not just a reboot)?
Also, are your video drivers, DirectX, etc.. up to date?
Also, that was a good suggestion by dobbie - maybe there was a hiccup in the install and an uninstall and re-install would help.

If none of this helps, I would recommend you talk to BFG CS and see what they suggest...? I didn't check the tech thread here - maybe others are having problems and maybe the mods have posted a possible solution?

Good luck getting it to run properly!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 12, 11 1:45 AM
Hi there,
I have already posted a suggestion elsewhere, but will repeat it here.
This game seems to access a lot of RAM in its play, so you might need to close all non-important applications - especially any web-browser if you still have it running.
This should help.
Cheers.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 12, 11 2:22 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. It have tried them all, and game still does not work right. I have contacted CS. Thank You again, for trying to help me.

[Post New]by canuckmomma on May 12, 11 2:24 AM
I have found the same thing. It is very slow. I uninstalled it and restalled it but it still was slow. Don't think I will be buying it as I take ages just to get one hidden area cleared.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 12, 11 2:25 AM
Hi there Robilyn,
Sorry we couldn't help. Like Shadowfax, I have a relatively new computer and have very few problems with games here, but I have seen a lot of posts regarding probolems with game play.
Cheers.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on May 12, 11 2:29 AM
Lottea wrote:I seem to be having alot of trouble with the cursor running slow and jurky, I turned off the custom cursor,but it didn't seem to help. Any one else have this happening?

[b][i]Yes, another player with a jerky cusor and the game running very slow?
Tried to give it a chance to settle but it got worse. Sad because I'm sure its a good one

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on May 12, 11 2:45 AM
I think it would help everyone if you would let us know what system you are running. I have Windows XP and always look for problems that other people are having with that system in any games. It makes a difference to me as to downloading or waiting for a fix.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 12, 11 2:59 AM
I have windows 7 premium home edition. I have noticed in the requirements it calls for DirectX 9. I have DirectX 11. I think maybe that might be the problem. I have been reading up on the internet, and it says you can also install Direct X 9. Because for some reason, some games are still made that need DirectX 9 to run. I will wait for CS. I am not installing anything on my computer, until I talk to them.

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 2:59:55 AM PST

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 3:50 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm running Vista and don't usually have this problem.
I was so excited about a new, good game and now it's impossible to play because of the slowness.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on May 12, 11 5:21 AM
I am having the same problem with this game running slow on my PC which has Vista on it. I downloaded in to my laptop which has Windows 7 on it and it runs great. I am going to check out what the issue with vista might be. I have found out that I can run certain games on windows 7 but not on vista. Will keep everyone posted on what I find out. I really dont want to play this game on my laptop screen is way to small.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 5:26 AM
kayen59, I sure hope you find out what the problem is with Vista. I'm running it also and usually have no problems like this when running games. Every so often (like once a year) a game will be put out that runs impossibly slow on my computer. It's soooo frustrating!

lenellie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lenellie on May 12, 11 7:16 AM
i am playing on Windows Vista also,haven't tried it on my laptop yet, which is windows 7. Yes the game is very slow,hope they have a solution soon,looks like a good game!

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on May 12, 11 7:40 AM
hi all! just wanted to say that this game runs like crap on my windows 7 which is brand new and up to date!BUT, i put it on my old decrepit XP and it runs perfectly!
with the game fallen shadows it was the other way around. go figure!!! anyway, THIS GAME IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!(dark dimensions)

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 12, 11 7:47 AM
It's running slow for me too. I have Vista. Clicking off the custom cursor helped a little.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 7:51 AM
I would love to know if anyone who has Vista is able to run this game with no problems.

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on May 12, 11 8:41 AM
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto - I am also running Vista and have never had this problem before. Tried everything that was suggested. This looks like a great game and we can't play it, let alone who would buy it under these circumstances. BFG will loose money on this one!

Go to: