bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 12, 11 1:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/03/2011 at 4:38:28 PM PST

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TSM5960 on May 12, 11 1:44 AM
another one I can not play, for I get error message. oh well.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 12, 11 1:46 AM
I got an error message, another message that the DRMactivator (or something like that) had stopped working, AND the information that the game had installed. I don't know what's up with this game.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 12, 11 2:35 AM
i got an error message poetically call "766"
"installation failed,the installation file is incorrect and can not be activated!"
it's a new one i didn't have yet!i think that i have to start a collection of error messages and if i was able to do that,make a game (with very hard hidden objects scenes) with all these technical issues ,like a nightmare-like game!!!!!!

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on May 12, 11 2:45 AM
I downloaded the trial version and first minute showed black screen but sounds played. After cold-booted, I opened and clicked on OPTION to see if there are anything to correct the problem, still showed black screen of OPTION but a "full screen" button. the curior was invisible. I could see my regular curior outside of the game but not in the screen. I guess I better download again and see what happened.

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on May 12, 11 3:09 AM
Hi together

I could play the trial version but I received just 2 out of 3 coins. I read the notice on the bed and the coin was not added to my inventory. Without the 3 coins it is not possible to start the music maschine :-( hope you guys and girls are more lucky than me with the game.

Sandr1

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 12, 11 3:58 AM
I've started this game twice and reloaded in between. I went through the SG and I didn't miss anything as far as I can tell. The problem is that I am unable to access the second H O in the base of the tree under the owl. Am I missing something???

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

TREEHOUSE GLITCH

[Post New]by kkbodine on May 12, 11 4:58 AM
I have an issue I haven't seen yet..or maybe I missed...but I am stuck on the treehouse, where I am supposed to click it to get a closeup and apply the counterweight to get an angel, but the game WILL NOT allow me to click for a close up. It just says I wonder what's in the treehouse..or something like that. So, for now, I am stuck as I cannot progress without this last angel. Is this a glitch? Everything else seems to be working fine. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 5:21 AM
Game is playing impossibly slow on my computer (using Vista), even without the custom cursor. I have the latest directx, computer is clean and no other programs are running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works. Sigh, I wish I could play this.

duchess436
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by duchess436 on May 12, 11 5:31 AM
im having the problem with the game freezing up. i get to play a few scenes then i have to shut dowm then reboot & it lets me continue for a few minutes then it does it again. it seems to be happening in the **** scenes. i only have 15 min. left of trial so i cant really uninstall & reinstall,go under a different profile etc. it wont be enough time to let me know if it works properly. Is anyone else having this issue?

i dont know why they blocked where i said i was having a problem maybe it's because i abbreviated so i'll try this, it happens in the hidden object scenes

Edited on 05/12/2011 at 6:13:24 AM PST

[Post New]by april0125 on May 12, 11 6:19 AM
I did the Beta version and the game ran too slow to play. I notified them of this. Now I tried to play the game again and it still is running too slow to play. I am Vista but seem not to have any problems with the computer. So frustrating.

lenellie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lenellie on May 12, 11 7:23 AM
I am playing game on Vista,curser very slow,please help,I love these games!

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on May 12, 11 7:24 AM
I have been downloading for about 2 1/2 hours. never had this problem before. this is only the trial, so I hope I will live long enough to try it.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on May 12, 11 8:04 AM
i loved the beta of this game,but now that it does not want to install(i don't know why as beta worked well!)i have to wait one long week waiting for a good game next thirsday(if it wants to work.......)
i'm very very disapointed with these issues ,more and more frequently!

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on May 12, 11 8:42 AM
What a pity, this looked like an interesting game but it is far too slow to play. The cursor had all the speed of paddling through as sea of cold mollassus. And I am way beyond the difficult Vista so it is not that operating system alone. I have Windows 7. It is not a case of low memory, either as I stopped the game to plug in my hub, getting a gazzillon bites of extra in the process and that made no difference.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on May 12, 11 8:45 AM
Really sluggish on my Vista too. Turned off custom cursor and background stuff still super sluggish!!!! Looked like it would be good too!

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 12, 11 9:00 AM
I will ask a question I asked on another thread in here. Is there anyone who is running Vista and not having problems? From what I'm reading, this sluggish play is mainly with those (like myself) who are running Vista.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 12, 11 9:05 AM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a number of your are either having problems downloading/installing the game or are having troubles with the game freezing or lagging. Please take a look at the following help articles (depending on the issue you're experiencing) and go through the troubleshooting steps to see if it might help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still having problems with the game after these steps, you may want to get in touch with Tech Support for more help. Please be sure to include the steps you've taken and a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

*You can click on the bold words for more help.

-bfgArnoStyx

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on May 12, 11 9:08 AM
Sorry, BigFish -- I really wanted to like this game, but it runs so sl-o-owly on my computer that I can't buy. I have a lean, mean Vista machine which has all of the resources that are specified. I run PCTools every week to keep my system optimized. I tried shutting everything else down, tried the system cursor, tried uninstalling, doing a reboot, and reinstalling. Nothing helped. Too bad, I would have bought it, but struggling with a game is not my idea of a good time.

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on May 12, 11 9:26 AM
My computer runs on Vista and I'm having the exact same problem with the slowness/sluggishness. I was disappointed that I couldn't purchase. It looks like a cool game and I loved the interaction with some of the hidden object scenes. I guess I'll have to wait and see if gets a fix for the game.

Go to: