Re:McAfee and Generic.dx just wiped out most of my BF games.

[Post New]by WendyBelle1031 on Dec 22, 08 7:51 PM
Me too and I have at least 30 games on here and have paid lots of money. At least now I know it is not just my computer!!! I hope we can recover these games and quickly!!!

[Post New]by grangamer on Dec 22, 08 7:52 PM
same thing happened to me what can we do ? Have a whole heap of games that wont work

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Dec 22, 08 8:33 PM
I had similar problems with McAffee and finally got rid of it. I went with AVG (free download) and love it. No more problems with my system and I get great protection. You might want to look into the AVG virus protection........

[Post New]by nanesbabies on Dec 22, 08 8:42 PM
i to am having problems with my games and cannot play any of them. I also have McAfee. It is wiping my games out. What can we do? I want my games back.

[Post New]by PurplePeach on Dec 22, 08 8:43 PM
this also happened to me, and feel that they need to do something. they want people to buy their games they better fix the problem. i have alot of games and would like to play them.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 22, 08 9:12 PM
Big Fish Games is aware that McAfee is incorrectly detecting a trojan virus in our games. Please note that our products are guaranteed virus free – we rigorously test each of our games and applications for weeks before our products are released to the public. There isn’t a single virus or Trojan to be found in our games or game manager applications.

We have contacted McAfee and are working with them to get this problem resolved as quickly as we can. If you would like to help, you can contact McAfee yourself and let them know that you are experiencing this problem. I can only assume that the more customers who contact them, the quicker they will act to resolve the matter. Here's a link to where you can contact McAfee:

McAfee Services and Support

Because we already have another thread in the forums about this issue, I'm going to lock this duplicate thread. You can read/post your comments in the original thread here:

McAfee finding all Big Fish games as having generic.dx trojan. Anyone else?

bfgErie

Go to: