shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 13, 11 12:16 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:@BFGFlounder - it you put up a thread for this, I will delete mine!
Enjoy the game everybody!!

Hi shadowfax44,

Thank you for posting a new thread!

No worries, no need to delete this thread, I've just went ahead and stickied it

Dear Fishies,

what do you think of The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital?
We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 12:42:51 AM PST

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital

[Post New]by orijojo on May 13, 11 1:14 AM
Thanks shadowfax44, you are always on the ball.

I still have 17 minutes left to play on trial, but I've decided this is a definate buy for me.

I trialed the C/E and thought it was a little too easy, so decided to trial this on advanced mode, and am enjoying it immensely.

Much more than yesterdays C/E Dark Dimensions which I can't remember why I decided to buy it, must have been all the positive reviews, but unfortunately I'm not enjoying it at all. Too obtuse!!!! and more than a little bit boring. I hate using the SG, but after 2 hours of wandering around in circles and getting nowhere, I gave up.

That being said Agency of Anomalies is a definate buy for me.

jojo

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 13, 11 2:31 AM
Review based on the demo

The Good:
Great hidden object scenes and plenty of them, with interactive features; excellent mini puzzles that I found very challenging: great graphics: great music, the soundtrack was eerie and spooky, the narrator's voice was right out of the grave;

The Bad:
I had to hunt all over the place for some of the equipment but it might just be me.

The Ugly:
The subject matter, experiments on soldiers, was pretty intense. With all the horror stories from all the wars I had to steel myself to play this game.

The Verdict:
This one is a keeper.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 13, 11 2:34 AM
This is a good game. The graphics are good but a little dark. I love voice overs. It's one of the things I want most in a game. It's got a interesting story and and good game play. I can't believe there's just a couple of comments for the SE. I know alot of people get the CE, but I know alot of us wait for the SE. It's a buy for me. It's a good game. I just read it has some OSM, I'm not a fan. But it seems they have to put that in most games. Why? I guess I just don't get it.

I rate this game: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon663 on May 13, 11 4:17 AM
"It's a good game. I just read it has some OSM, I'm not a fan".

I have to ask, what's OSM? Thanks.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on May 13, 11 5:13 AM
Won't buy this one--dislike the subject matter.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on May 13, 11 6:36 AM
I would still love to absolutely play the game, but like the CE I am getting the message when trying to play in window mode. "I get this message "It is not possible to change screen mode in the current desktop resolution"".

I will not change my screen resolution for a game. No buy. I have never, ever had a game that gave me that message when trying to play in window until this one

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 6:36:51 AM PST

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on May 13, 11 6:36 AM
I also have to ask what is OSM and also what is ETA? Maybe this old lady just needs a list of the most frequent used abbreviations. Thanks

Burgy
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Burgy on May 13, 11 7:18 AM
OSM????? ETA???????

All I can think of is "Estimated Time of Arrival" for the ETA and I'm drawing a blank on the OSM.

Oh, how I hunger for the time when we all go back to talking in words and drop the "shorthand" way of speaking. !!!

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on May 13, 11 7:26 AM
sorry
didnt like this one at all
i love the dark and eerie games
but this one wasnt my cup of tea at all
some may like it though

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 13, 11 7:28 AM
Sadsid wrote:I also have to ask what is OSM and also what is ETA? Maybe this old lady just needs a list of the most frequent used abbreviations. Thanks

Hi Sadsid!
OSM is "Occult Subject Matter"
ETA is Edited To Add

At least, I think that's what those abbreviations stand for!

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on May 13, 11 7:36 AM
Thanks for the info on the abbreviations. Sadsid

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 13, 11 8:40 AM
I like this game. I have played also the CE (the trial), but didn`t liked it enough for paying the double price - but as the Standard Version its a buy for me

[Post New]by dragon7380 on May 13, 11 8:50 AM
Once again we get either a Vampire or some type of evil game subject. Give us a break here. Do you people have 12 year old girls picking out the games?

These games are all basically the same thing. You can not tell me that with all the new games out there, you can not find SOMETHING DIFFERENT. This is like putting a coat of paint on a room. You end up with the very same room, just with new paint. All of these games are starting to run together, they are all the same. The same type of minigames, the same type of stories, etc, etc.

Try to find something original for a change. With all the companies making games out there, you can not tell me you can not find a Hidden Object game that is not a clone of all the other **** games that you have offered to us.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 13, 11 9:00 AM
dragon wrote:
Try to find something original for a change

I'm starting to think you're right.

The gameplay has really improved last year or so, and the graphics are mostly out of this world .. but I'm getting just a bit bored with the plots which all seem to be much of a muchness. I forget which game I'm in sometimes, because they're all so similar!

Someone mentioned on another thread recently that she'd like to see some games with a Sci-fi theme. I'll second that!
Jo

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 13, 11 10:13 AM
DeadRiver wrote:
The subject matter, experiments on soldiers, was pretty intense. With all the horror stories from all the wars I had to steel myself to play this game.
Even if this game is otherwise terrific, the subject matter is enough to turn me off and keep me from playing. We all have our limits.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 13, 11 10:18 AM
I've got the CE version and it's a great game. The graphics are well-done, the game play is smooth, the subject matter is nicely creepy. This one is a keeper.

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on May 13, 11 10:23 AM
Sadsid wrote:I also have to ask what is OSM and also what is ETA? Maybe this old lady just needs a list of the most frequent used abbreviations. Thanks
I,too, am at a loss when trying to decipher what people mean when they abbreviate words. Please help us 'oldies but goodies' out and just spell-out what you want to say - it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx ~ have a great day!!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 13, 11 10:55 AM
Bpup wrote:I've got the CE version and it's a great game. The graphics are well-done, the game play is smooth, the subject matter is nicely creepy. T
his one is a keeper.[/quote

I also have the CE and would encourage other fishes to at least try it. Its challenaging and interesting. Its a great game. try it you'll enjoy it

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 13, 11 11:59 AM
9gamer5 wrote:Won't buy this one--dislike the subject matter.

I didn't either. I found it horribly oppressive and depressing. Didn't even finish the demo.

Go to: