bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 13, 11 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 12:39:07 AM PST

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital technical issues here only

[Post New]by cateyes51 on May 13, 11 3:52 AM
I played for about 40 minutes and got a black screen. Had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for about another 5 minutes when i got the black screen again and ctrl-alt-delete again to get out. Music was playing but nothing showing. Any idea why this is happening?

Applebay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Applebay on May 13, 11 7:27 AM
I played the demo for about 10 minutes and was able to use wide screen mode, then purchased and it will not longer go into wide screen. Any help appreciated

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 13, 11 7:23 PM
When I opened the game up - I saw a near black screen with the BFG logo on it and gradually it did get brighter. Then the game opened up as usual.

After some game play, I closed the game completely and then went back into the game after a short time. The progress of about 30 minutes that I have done before was not saved. I started from the beginning at the gate instead of where I left off.

The collectors edition game was great. What is going on with the regular edition?
Anyone else having a problem?

Off to send a message to customer service - green envelope.

Edited on 05/13/2011 at 7:32:04 PM PST

minglacey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by minglacey on May 14, 11 9:57 AM
I've purchased the game but my inventory has disappeared. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but still not working...

VickyS82
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by VickyS82 on May 14, 11 1:34 PM
Same here Cinder..... I played for TWO hours. When I reopened the game, it reverted back to "guest"; my profile was not even saved, let alone game progress.

Will not start MacBook Pro 10.6.7

[Post New]by Relentless7 on May 15, 11 9:15 AM
When I try to start the game I get this:

Process: Agency of Anomalies SE [4373]
Path: /Applications/Agency of Anomalies SE.app/Contents/Resources/Agency of Anomalies SE.app/Contents/MacOS/Agency of Anomalies SE
Identifier: com.Orneon.Agency of Anomalies SE
Version: 1.0 (1.0.141)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: MacGameLauncher [4371]

Date/Time: 2011-05-15 11:10:31.258 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 139707 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 33
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 16 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7
Anonymous UUID: 33C8AC53-32F5-419F-9A39-C7F3E9062AAF

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94087ec0 CFStringGetLength + 80
1 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x94087cce CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath + 30
2 ...neon.Agency of Anomalies SE 0x00037dba CFlashHolder: latformInitialize() + 122
3 ...neon.Agency of Anomalies SE 0x00038d18 CFlashHolder::Initialize(IFlashPlayerNotifySink*, IFileLoader*, IFlashOwner*) + 536
4 ...neon.Agency of Anomalies SE 0x00037a45 CreateFlashHolder(void*, IFlashPlayerNotifySink*, IFileLoader*, IFlashOwner*, IFlashHolder**, void**) + 53

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on May 15, 11 3:30 PM
I was on the minigame w/the pipes. I placed the 1st piece OK however when I went to place the 2nd piece I was not able to place it on the grid or put it back into stock so I could pick up a different piece. I had to do an "escape" to even get to the menu. I then went back into the minigame but encountered the same problem.
I will go back to the game now to see if anything has changed.
I went to the walkthrough where it is noted that pipes become faded if placed incorrectly. When I re-entered the game to start the minigame of pipes, I started out fresh. No problems this time.

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 4:24:26 PM PST

ghuff
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ghuff on May 15, 11 3:35 PM
I cannot save my game or even save my sign-in name in Agency of Anomalies. After going to menu and exit, when I play again my sign-in name is gone and only "guest" is present. I have checked that I am playing as administrator. Second game in a row that I have had problems with after I bought it. First game was Raincliff which froze on the boat hidden object scene. Very frustrating since I play a LOT of PC games on Big Fish. Is this the beginning of the end of my Big Fish playing days?

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 3:37:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Escabexina on May 16, 11 2:46 AM
I cannot find the pistol. I've clicked everywhere near the book but nothing happens.

I've tried to reinstall the game, but it didn't work. The hint button didn't find anything else to do in the room.

Is this a glitch?

Thanx.

[Post New]by YourGrace54 on May 16, 11 9:56 AM
I am having the same problems here. Starting game from beginning (profile missing), no gun in room floor, no saving progress of game, etc.
Will there be a *new and improved* (fixed) version coming out?.
I really like this type of game and find it frustrating to say the least. LOL!!
Thanks for listening.
Grace

[Post New]by thaddy131 on May 16, 11 12:17 PM
I am unable to get the pistol. Also not able to save my game. I have had to restart the game 3 times. I really like this game but they need to sort out all these issues.

[Post New]by PJMOM45 on May 16, 11 12:56 PM
VickyS82 wrote:Same here Cinder..... I played for TWO hours. When I reopened the game, it reverted back to "guest"; my profile was not even saved, let alone game progress.

[Post New]by PJMOM45 on May 16, 11 12:58 PM
I also played for quite some time. When I went back, the game had not saved my progress and I had to start over. I like this game but I don't want to start it again until I know that I won't have to start it a third time.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on May 16, 11 2:31 PM
Me too! Same problem is if I exit game it completely resets itself to the beginning. I can save my own profile name, but that doesn't matter. When I re-enter the game it always starts at the beginning again. PLEASE fix. Thanks.

[Post New]by Needletime2 on May 16, 11 9:56 PM
Same problem.............played the game for 40 minutes, closed it, went back later and it did not save and started over from the beginning.
The instructions to help this issue in the thread, "also cannot save my game" are ridiculous, complicated and waaay too much trouble. This is supposed to be fun!!
I also have a ton of games from BF and have never had this issue. If so many people are having the problem it is the game and not the users. Why release a game if it does not work properly?
Seemed like a good game but why would I buy it if it does not work??
Disappointed in BF.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 9:58:55 PM PST

[Post New]by MtnRose on May 17, 11 11:56 AM
After blowing up the gate, I pass through, but there is no smoke grenade and no key. I have re started twice, but I have not yet un installed and re installed.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 17, 11 12:59 PM
Hey Fishies!

Based on the troubles that some of you have been reporting, I'd encourage you to swim on over to our Save Errors help article.

If your game still isn't saving properly after following the steps in this help article, our Technical Support team would be happy to help. You can contact them 24/7 by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page.

Then, after filling out the form, click on the Check for Answers button to bring up some additional help articles. If you still can't find the answer that you're looking for, go ahead and click on the Submit My Question button.

Big Fish Game Club members can also connect to Live Chat from their My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by chelybely on May 18, 11 12:51 PM
Certain scenes in the game cause my computer mouse to stop working and the game to freeze. Sometimes it only lasts a second but other times I end up having to shut down my computer. Is this happening to anyone else?

Twrexx
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Twrexx on May 20, 11 11:37 PM
cateyes51 wrote:I played for about 40 minutes and got a black screen. Had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for about another 5 minutes when i got the black screen again and ctrl-alt-delete again to get out. Music was playing but nothing showing. Any idea why this is happening?

I just got the exact same problem. Walked into a room and got a black screen. The game was working perfectly up to this point. I can't tell you how pissed off I am right now. I just went through this with the Raincliff game and couldn't finish it. Now this.

I am seriously thinking of giving up Big Fish games if they can't beta test these properly before releasing them.

Off to customer support to complain yet again! &^%$&!

Go to: