game was released a month ago!

[Post New]by lorna7 on May 13, 11 9:13 PM
Th agency of anomilies was released in April. I bought it then why is BF rereleasing games (Ihave noticed others) over and over? I even bought a game twice! Maybe they can't release a "new game everyday " as they say they can. Anyone else have this problem with BF?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

game was released a month ago!

[Post New]by mcurty on May 13, 11 9:31 PM
lorna7 wrote:Th agency of anomilies was released in April. I bought it then why is BF rereleasing games (Ihave noticed others) over and over? I even bought a game twice! Maybe they can't release a "new game everyday " as they say they can. Anyone else have this problem with BF?

That was the Collector's Edition that was released in April. This is the Standard Edition. That is the way it always works when there is a Collector's Edition.

BigFish doesn't let you buy a game twice unless you bought the Collector's Edition and then the Standard Edition of the same game. If that's the case and you are unhappy about it, contact Customer Support and they will make it right with you.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:game was released a month ago!

[Post New]by mintjulelip on May 13, 11 10:03 PM
I mentioned this subject in another post; It used to be that CE's were a rare event and when they did release a CE, the SE followed within 2-3 weeks. Now that BFG is releasing a CE every week, it's taking longer and longer (a month or more) before the SE's are released. At least for my tastes, the regular games being released in between (that didn't have a CE) aren't that great so I find myself waiting and waiting for the SE of a better quality CE be released. This makes it hard to even fill my punch card unless I break down and buy a CE once a month. I would venture to guess that sales of CE's have gone up since the advent of this new system simply because people give in and end up buying the CE. hmmmmm Jus' sayin'

For the first time in years, I actually have credits to spend and nothing to buy

I have no issue with having a CE every week but I would like to see the SE's released in a much more timely manner; 3 weeks tops! In these hard economic times, I sure can't afford to be buying a CE at all, let alone once a month.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on May 13, 11 10:30 PM
I don't have a problem with Ce's. My problem seems to be too many HOG Ce's. I don't like HOG games. I just got the last CE off Bigfish today that I want from them. Others are HOG and I don't like HOG. So my problem is not so much the money for the game. You figure you are actually saving money filling up your punch card with a CE instead of buying 3 standard games.

If I don't get permission from my brother who buys my games on Bigfish I wait. What I'll do is get the standard edition with a credit or coupon code and then when I get the permission from my brother to get the game I'll get it and exchange the standard and tell them I got the upgraded version. Bigfish has no problem doing that.

Just because you don't have the money now doesn't mean you won't in the future. You could make a list and every couple of months when you get the money together get a new one and exchange the standard edition.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on May 15, 11 4:42 AM
I have the Collectors Edition, forgot about it and repurchased the Collectors Edition AGAIN yesterday, they did not remind me that I had it already like they usually do, trying to get a refund of the 13.99. They made it sound like a brand new game and I didn't check into it more carefully, now I have 2 of the Collectors and am hoping I can get a refund.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on May 17, 11 6:04 PM
I think I might know why ....

I emailed Orneon and got a reply!
I'll post it in it's own thread.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on May 17, 11 7:50 PM
patcam52 wrote:I have the Collectors Edition, forgot about it and repurchased the Collectors Edition AGAIN yesterday, they did not remind me that I had it already like they usually do, trying to get a refund of the 13.99. They made it sound like a brand new game and I didn't check into it more carefully, now I have 2 of the Collectors and am hoping I can get a refund.

Just send an to CS and they'll refund you for the duplicate game.

Go to: