shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 12:15 AM
T.G.I.S. (thank goodness it's Saturday). For those of you who have been waiting for the Gravely Silent SE... WAHOO!! Enjoy the game. I am involved in another game and want to get back to it, so I will leave you all to it. Enjoy your weekend.

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 14, 11 12:17 AM
I have been waiting, shadowfax, and I intend to to enjoy this game all weekend.

I am so jazzed.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 14, 11 12:19 AM
Hi Shadowfax, I am just popping in to say hello. I played this as a CE, not one of the best games IMO but an ok one.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

ETA. Sorry, Hi DeadRiver

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 12:22:11 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 12:28 AM
HOLY COW!! The current count on discussions in the CCC is 44, 444!!
4 is my favorite number... This could be a good sign! A sign of what, I have no idea but .... who knows.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 12:36 AM
Oh phooey, rats, darn, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah!
Two TMs, the Thursday CE (thank goodness) and now two SEs in a row. What tha??
Again another mismanagement of the offerings for TGT. Hope there is a decent one tomorrow or a good soft offering as a TNR. LOL.
Hope those of you who have this in your "notebook" as a buy as a SE enjoy it - not a bad game, just not as exciting as a few of the others that have been offered here since.
Voodoo Whisperers (on the second mode) and Mystery Trackers, Raincliff were real spoilers for me as far as great games go - at the moment, things can change of course, and I for one hope there are better offerings waiting in the wings.
I just hope shadowfax has adjusted to her right-sightedness by then or the entire building might come down as she exits the stage!!
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 12:41 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:HOLY COW!! The current count on discussions in the CCC is 44, 444!!
4 is my favorite number... This could be a good sign! A sign of what, I have no idea but .... who knows.

....I was born on the 4th of the month!
Not this month!! LOL
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 12:53 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote: I just hope shadowfax has adjusted to her right-sightedness by then or the entire building might come down as she exits the stage!!
Cheers

How long will I be a klutzy, geeky flounder anyway...
BTW... I didn't realize that flounders had beaks! (or are those lips??)

ETA:

@DeadRiver - I saw that you were still downloading... LOL

@Peglegann - Howdy!

It's a quiet night in the forums... I am back to my game now! Cheerio...

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 12:56:34 AM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 14, 11 1:14 AM
Yes, the flounder icon isn't really very flounderish; I don't think flounders have noses! But I'm so far away from being a flounder that I'm not worried....lol.

Downloaded Gravely Silent...again, after having bought it and played it but forgot the name, so I'm at loose ends. Should go to bed, but just finished working about half an hour ago and am not sleepy yet.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 1:20 AM
Hi there Lucy,
In lean times I resort to replaying one of the World Riddles games (wish they would bring out a third). If you have tried any of the World Mosaics games, these are similar but better and once you get the hang of them, VERY addictive and challenging. Just make sure you check the right mouse option.
Cheers.

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 1:22:49 AM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 14, 11 1:23 AM
I love world mosaics too, so thanks for the great idea--I'll download it again! I'm playing Youda Survivor and replaying Youda Survivor 2, but it's just too....busy late at night!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 1:32 AM
Hi Lucy,
The games I suggested were the WORLD RIDDLES games.
There are two on this site - Animals (which does have some misnaming - a koala is not a bear and ostriches are not found in Australia), but hey, the main part of the game is great - and Seven Wonders.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 2:25 AM
Well, color me stupid DragonLady! I thought there were both emu and ostriches in Australia!! Where are ostriches from?

ETA: @Lucy - I love guppies!! Yum-yum!! (just kidding)

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 2:27:51 AM PST

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on May 14, 11 2:46 AM
I also prefer World Riddles

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 14, 11 2:47 AM
Ostriches come from Africa; I think it's emu's that are from Australia. You can tell by their accents

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on May 14, 11 2:53 AM
Completely unrelated to the game but I've just seen that I'm going to be a Guppy until at least 200 posts!
Thank you, I'm going away again now to play the game

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on May 14, 11 3:18 AM
Love the world riddle games and I too want another - that would be a play for a few minutes to make sure no glitches then buy. Slim pickings for me this week - I still have a game credit and a punch card credit, so I guess I'll download gravely and try it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 14, 11 7:53 AM
The SE's are being released now so quickly after the CE's, that I think I will stop buying the CE's and wait for the SE's. I know my wallet will appreciate it. (comment not rant)

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 14, 11 10:39 AM
I think I'm going mad! I know I bought the C.E, there it is sitting on my desktop. I know I played it, but I can't remember anything about it. I even looked at the walkthrough to remind me and no doesn't ring a bell. I'm too young for these senior moments!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 14, 11 10:52 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there Lucy,
In lean times I resort to replaying one of the World Riddles games (wish they would bring out a third). If you have tried any of the World Mosaics games, these are similar but better and once you get the hang of them, VERY addictive and challenging. Just make sure you check the right mouse option.
Cheers.

i also love world riddles and mosiacs.......mosiacs 4 was rather dissappointing to in the small grid sizes thruout the game

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 14, 11 6:40 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi Lucy,
The games I suggested were the WORLD RIDDLES games.
There are two on this site - Animals (which does have some misnaming - a koala is not a bear and ostriches are not found in Australia), but hey, the main part of the game is great - and Seven Wonders.
Cheers

Dear DragonLadyOz,

I was tired and didn't phrase my response well. I did understand that you were talking about different games, and I hadn't tried them. I liked the Animals one (despite the errors in animals) and had a free credit, so I got that. Thanks so much for the suggestion--it really is just right for late at night!

Go to: