cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 14, 11 12:29 AM

For those of you who didn't trial the CE version ... let me introduce you to FLUFFY

she will take up most of your screen when you meet her so be warned.


pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp p
ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


and she twitches .

Tip: most of the objects are on the right of her so I held a book up to cover her while I found the majority of the objects and then uncovered her a little bit at a time to find the others. Deep breathing will help calm you ... in through your nose, hold for a few seconds and out through your mouth.

After encountering her twice, both in the dark and in the light, and getting brave enough to look her in the eye, I found that all the other sized spiders on the screen no longer bothered me .

Happy gaming .

Cherb

 
poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by poopysue on May 14, 11 12:34 AM

 
nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 14, 11 12:40 AM
Thanks cherbtoo Morning poopysue

 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 12:46 AM
Hi there cherbtoo,
LOVE fluffy, its great!! I don't have a phobia about spiders so this game didn't worry me regarding that aspect, but your "intro" to a major aspect of this game is a timely one!!
Cheers
Edited to add
PS I think the "eyes" should have been or to fortify some game players!!

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 12:48:47 AM PST


 
DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 14, 11 1:16 AM
Hi there 5thavenue,
Welcome to the Pond.
Just as well that you don't have a problem with fishes!! LOL.
Sorry that this game isn't for you, but there are many others available that don't include cherb's Fluffy.
Cheers.

 
LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 14, 11 1:34 AM
Good game. But it does remind me of alot of the games we've been getting. The graphics are good and it has a widescreen and two modes of play. Very important to have these options for me. The game has a nice flow when playing. You don't get stuck and or wander around. It leads you through the story very well. I recommend this game. I can't give it my "Fine Swine" because there's just something missing I can't put my finger on. But I do like this game. Try is for sure. This will be a buy for many people. Enjoy

I rate this game: PIGLET


PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

 
mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by mcurty on May 14, 11 1:53 AM
Agree with the review above by LovetoMissLisa.

Since I've only played part of the demo, I cannot do a "good" review but will make a few comments. The hint recharges quickly. The game play flowed smoothly. Movement from scene to scene was smooth and the tramping around only involved 3 scenes at a time. I really liked the part that I played.

 
angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 14, 11 2:24 AM
Even though I am severely arachnaphobic, I had to smile at Cherb's excellent creation and it's name....Fluffy (also the name of the 3-headed dog in the first Harry Potter film!).

I was ok meeting Fluffy in the dark; my flashlight allowed me to avoid her most of the time. Unfortunately, meeting her again in broad daylight wasn't very pleasant; I pretty much used hints for most of the hidden objects whilst covering Fluffy with my hand! But I bought the CE in spite of her, since thank god you never meet her again and enjoyed the game regardless of the over-use of eight legged creatures!


Edited on 05/14/2011 at 2:25:17 AM PST


 
Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 14, 11 2:28 AM
I have liked the CE alot - the graphic is wonderful, also the gameplay. But I recommend the standard version of this game, not the CE, because the gameplay is not very long for a CE (it took me 4 hours to complete - 3 1/2 for the game + 1/2 hours for the bonusgameplay). Happy gaming

 
unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by unclewally on May 14, 11 5:43 AM
I really don't mind spiders at all but why have we been inundated with roaches all of a sudden! Gross!! I cannot stand looking at them even cartoon renditions. Hard to believe that I live in Florida 'eh! Which happens to be home to giant flying roaches that stink horribly if you squash them They are referred to by the cutesy name of Palmetto bugs. I think they were given that name to keep from scaring the tourists away.
unclewally
p.s.OMG!!!I just realized that this is not a C or an R. I'm so embarrassed.

 
mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by mimiismags on May 14, 11 6:08 AM
I am getting now that when I see that gloomy picture and it starts out telling you the premise of the story (someone loses a sister, brother, parent or child) it just seems all the same. Go to a haunted (house, hotel, cabin) and search. I find no story to follow at all and I am not even demoing these. They might be a good game but to me it is too much like the others. I personally like the fantasy ones, Snark or something with Magic in the title. That is just me but I am not bothering with these anymore, not even for the demo. I am still waiting for Azada 3 that was supposed to be out in mid 2010.

 
calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 14, 11 6:21 AM
mimiismags wrote:I am getting now that when I see that gloomy picture and it starts out telling you the premise of the story (someone loses a sister, brother, parent or child) it just seems all the same. Go to a haunted (house, hotel, cabin) and search. I find no story to follow at all and I am not even demoing these. They might be a good game but to me it is too much like the others. I personally like the fantasy ones, Snark or something with Magic in the title. That is just me but I am not bothering with these anymore, not even for the demo. I am still waiting for Azada 3 that was supposed to be out in mid 2010.


Agree completely mimiismags...I am definitely feeling "spooky fatigue". I like creepy games, but the sameness does bother me. I suppose that to keep making a profit devs have to turn out games so quickly that originality is not a priority. Oh well

As for Azada 3, I now place it with Xanadu and Atlantis - MYTHICAL!

 
shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 14, 11 6:37 AM
unclewally wrote: OMG!!!I just realized that this is not a C or an R. I'm so embarrassed.


Well, I am just shocked and dismayed about this UncleWally. This is just a travesty!

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 6:39:02 AM PST


 
joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 14, 11 6:59 AM
unclewally wrote:I really don't mind spiders at all but why have we been inundated with roaches all of a sudden! Gross!! I cannot stand looking at them even cartoon renditions. Hard to believe that I live in Florida 'eh! Which happens to be home to giant flying roaches that stink horribly if you squash them They are referred to by the cutesy name of Palmetto bugs. I think they were given that name to keep from scaring the tourists away.
unclewally
p.s.OMG!!!I just realized that this is not a C or an R. I'm so embarrassed.


Going to embarrass myself, too, in order to agree with you about those
nasty creatures. Ugh. And lately so many are moving! Double Ugh.

 
mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by mcurty on May 14, 11 7:23 AM
Sorry Cherb, but I didn't get to meet Fluffy while playing this game.

 
cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 14, 11 7:33 AM
mcurty wrote:Sorry Cherb, but I didn't get to meet Fluffy while playing this game.




They must have removed her in a bid to sell more games ...
RIP Fluffy

 
mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 14, 11 7:40 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
For those of you who didn't trial the CE version ... let me introduce you to FLUFFY

she will take up most of your screen when you meet her so be warned.


pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp
pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pip
pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p
pp ppp p pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp p
ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


and she twitches .

Tip: most of the objects are on the right of her so I held a book up to cover her while I found the majority of the objects and then uncovered her a little bit at a time to find the others. Deep breathing will help calm you ... in through your nose, hold for a few seconds and out through your mouth.

After encountering her twice, both in the dark and in the light, and getting brave enough to look her in the eye, I found that all the other sized spiders on the screen no longer bothered me .

Happy gaming .

Cherb


I have to say I am totally impressed with your arts-manship. (don't think thats a word but you know what I mean). Very creative.

 
mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by mcurty on May 14, 11 8:00 AM
Cherb, after your wonderful art work, I was so looking forward to meeting her in person -- well in spider to person anyway.

Guess I'll just have to save this thread so I can gaze on your Fluffy and imagine what she was like in the game.

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 8:00:44 AM PST


 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 14, 11 8:20 AM
Seriously? They removed the spider?!
I encountered it while playing the CE demo and am not bothered by snakes/ insects/snakes, etc so I only found it amusing. I'm surprised it was removed though. It's not like it grabbed you or anything. It was just a prop. Oh well.

 
NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by NormanFan on May 14, 11 11:20 AM
I can't believe I'm going to say this but.... no fair! It took me 3 weeks to get up the courage to play the "Fluffy" scene (since I am a serious arachnaphobe) and now they take it out?!?!

I was so looking forward to this (in a weird sort of way) because getting through the "Fluffy" area was a MAJOR achievement for me, and now it seems like this version has been (for want of a better word) "dumbed down".

Man..... I'm still going to DL and give it a try, but now I feel like something's missing. I wonder how much else they took out of the CE.... I just hope the game's still as challenging as it seemed in the CE.

It's a shame - just because I can't afford CE's right now (coming off of 4 months of disability and 1/2 pay), I hate to think I've missed out on some of the gameplay!

Oh, well - it still may be fun, and that's what we play games for, isn't it?

 
 
 
 
Go to: