bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 14, 11 1:39 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

17players_
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Interesting

[Post New]by 17players_ on May 14, 11 6:56 AM
So far the demo is interesting. It has enough challenge to it and the items are hidden well without it being so dark, blurred or small to see. Mini games are semi- challenging but still enjoyable. One problem is the strategy button in the main menu. I pushed it and was diverted to the BF "buy and try" option page. The only available thing to do then was to click on the forum which doesn't have a walkthrough or strategy file. HMMMMM. Curious how this is going to work.

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 6:56:41 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 14, 11 7:10 AM
Good game! I really had fun with this. Definitely considering getting this one with my credit this month.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 14, 11 7:48 AM
It's a shame the SE's don't get the comments that the CE's do. I guess I'll have to find the CE thread to see if I'll like the game or not.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 14, 11 7:53 AM
This was a fun game to play with the interactive, inventory items and H0 scenes. One thing I really liked is that the backtracking was limited to a few scenes, usually no more than 3. This made it much easier to enjoy than backtracking 6 or 7 scenes to get one item like some of the more recent games have done.

Navigation and planning in the design of the game.

Gameplay had a true flow to it. When I picked up an inventory item I usually used it in a nearby scene. If I needed something it was usually found nearby without running all over to find the one missing thing. This made the gameplay seem logical and gave a natural flow to the game.

Puzzles were not difficult, on the easier side, but I enjoyed the way they were done. They were entertaining without being boring and tedious. The lack of instructions gave me a "what now?" moment now and then, but part of the puzzle was figuring out what to do. A little experimental clicking around gave you the clues needed.

The storyline was done well even though a missing family member was the main focus. It was done differently than many others, and I enjoyed this story. Your task was laid out early on and you had a goal to strive for to complete the game. I felt the developers did a good job in making a complete game.

Hint system recharged quickly even though it was not really needed much in the H0 scenes because they were done so well. Hints were also given about what to do in each scene or if there was nothing to do in that scene at that time. A walkthrough is not really necessary because the Hint system provides all needed clues.

Graphics were done well including H0 scenes. Some great special effects were used even to the point that I thought my monitor was messed up for a bit.

WARNING: Bright white lights do flash in this game.

The music was appropriate and enjoyable. Some of the ambient noises were creepy and not particularly enjoyable. Together they created a complete game atmosphere that contributed to the story.

The H0 scenes were not always the same searching for a list of things. I like the way the developers made some a little different so they did not get boring.

Overall I think this is a very good iHOG and am glad I decided to purchase it today.

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on May 14, 11 8:18 AM
GRAVELY DISAPPOINTED!! Have had this one playing on and off for awhile now,
this is one that didn't live up to demo time. interest waned quickly and found myself playing this just so I wasn't wasting $$. Really wish I would have waited on this one.

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hambon on May 14, 11 5:00 PM
I'm extremely annoyed with BF....I bought this game on 4/7/11 for $13.99 as a collectors game and today it for sale at $6.99. WHY IS BF RIPPING GAMERS OF LIKE THIS. I have brought an awful lot of games from BF and now I'm seriously thinking about going to another game provider. This is not right!

I just can't believe a little over a month the same games is half the price I paid.
Come on BF you owe me as a loyal customer. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MATTER?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 14, 11 5:06 PM
Hambon
This is NOT the Collector's Edition.
This is the Standard Edition.
All Collector's Edition games are $13.99. All of them later issue a Standard Edition that is the Standard game price of $6.99. Happens with all Collector's Edition games.

This Standard Edition does not have the extras that are in the Collector's Edition.

It is not a rip-off. This isn't the same game that you paid $13.99 for a month ago.

Edit--Sp

Edited on 05/14/2011 at 5:08:09 PM PST

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on May 14, 11 6:17 PM
I really enjoyed this game, one of the best I have played this year. Gets better as you get further into the game. Is a game where you collect items and used them to progress, just the right difficulty (I chose the challenging mode not the easy one).

Only negative is that some of the items in the hidden object scenes are difficult to see. Although there is some puzzle parts to some of the hidden object scenes which makes it more interesting than just finding items on a list.

Good story and with good flow to it and did not feel like I was doing lots of backtracking which makes a nice change.

Not a glitchy game either worked fine on my computer with no problems

Give it a 4 out of 5

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on May 14, 11 9:49 PM
I really like this game and it took me quite a while to finish. Definitely very interesting. These are the sorts of games i really like.,

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 14, 11 11:55 PM
Great review mcurty. I'll just add that the CE wasn't worth buying (at least for me) and that I should have waited for the SE to get a good game....

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hambon on May 15, 11 3:53 AM
mcurty Stingray

Thanks for the heads up. I played the 60 minutes of the $6.99 game and it apperaed to be the same.

I think if a game is put out as a collectors game it should not be put out as a regular game. Thanks hambon

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 3:55:50 AM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on May 15, 11 4:41 AM
FINISHED!! Hours of GREAT play. Top notch graphics, good mixture of **** scenes and puzzles, background music that neither distracts nor annoys. Excellent planning that meant there was very little backtracking, most items within a 5 step area. VOGAT does it again with good value for money.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on May 15, 11 4:54 AM
I really enjoyed the trial but had a bit a deja vue. What is so familiar about this game? Can anyone help? Doesn't really matter, just got the feeling I'd been there before.

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hambon on May 15, 11 5:58 AM
There is also a Collectors edition

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on May 15, 11 12:44 PM
Safarri wrote:I really enjoyed the trial but had a bit a deja vue. What is so familiar about this game? Can anyone help? Doesn't really matter, just got the feeling I'd been there before.

Hi Safarri,
Me, too. I don't remember the name either however I do remember a sister marrying a vampire or some type of satan & her sister showed up to save her before she died or seek revenge for her death. No, I didn't play the CE. I never do that.
Do any other fishies remember the other game? I know we would both like the answer. I will probably wake up in the middle of the night w/the ans. myself.
By the way, did anyone else think the ending had a real twist to it?

caseypup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by caseypup on May 15, 11 2:23 PM
One of the better games I've played in a while. Really enjoyed it, good length too!!!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on May 15, 11 4:15 PM
[b] super deluxe awesome story, graphics, puzzles...abrupt ending...beautiful in graphics and ultra ccreepie

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on May 15, 11 4:15 PM
I don't like sparkles in challenge mode. No buy.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on May 15, 11 9:49 PM
1misssam wrote:GRAVELY DISAPPOINTED!! Have had this one playing on and off for awhile now,
this is one that didn't live up to demo time. interest waned quickly and found myself playing this just so I wasn't wasting $$. Really wish I would have waited on this one.

Initially I had really high hopes for this game but was disappointed with it half way through. I really really wanted to like it--but I absolutely don't know what happened.
This is the first hidden object games that I've played over a 2 day period. Other games I could not tear myself away but half way through I just lost interest and could only play in small spurts (had to check myself to see if I was on any medication...nope not even an aspirin). I just did not care who got saved I just wanted it to get to the end so that I could say I actually finished and did not waste my money. ..and then the ending...sheesh!!

Go to: