katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Compass!!!

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 15, 11 5:00 AM
Anyone having trouble with the spinning compass mini game??
It's a sweet sweet game but with no skip this puzzle is driving me crazy. It's quite fiddly to maneuver - even had my 13 yr old give it a go. Seems I'm stuck until I can nail it.

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 5:01:44 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Compass!!!

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 15, 11 5:30 AM
Just solved this one.

Thats why I am on the forum, to take a break & calm down LOL, NOT !!!

OK, I went round & round & round SPOILER (Counter clockwise because I did look at the walkthrough on the ZZZZ site )

In the end I cam out of the puzzle, walked around, then went back to it, put the compass in again twirled for SPOILER ( about 3 1/2 turns according to the W/T ) and got it at once.

So try that, come out & start the puzzle again.

HTH,

Jojo

Sheria
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Sheria on May 15, 11 10:44 AM
Thank you!!

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on May 15, 11 11:06 AM
I did the same thing as jojo. Put the switches on what I thought was an oven, went back to it and got it on my third spin. I was about to take my frustration out on my husband and/or dog and they both thank you, jojo.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 15, 11 11:17 AM
I have posted 2 videos of how to solve this on youtube. You can find them by doing a search for tiny bang story compass on youtube.

Good luck!

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 11:17:56 AM PST

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on May 15, 11 12:06 PM
Thanks! I was stuck here for almost an hour spinning the wheel.

Ssirienna
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ssirienna on May 15, 11 1:53 PM
Thank you for saving my sanity!
Success is sweet - now where next!!

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on May 15, 11 1:56 PM
I did it but it was 100% luck.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 15, 11 3:33 PM
Thanks for all your help - going back to the game so wish me luck!

jericec
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jericec on May 15, 11 3:45 PM
Yikes! This is making me crazy or maybe crazier! I too have spent hours on the compass. Checked the zzzzzz site walkthrough, let my teens both take a shot at it and nothing. I get everything lined up except the tiny one in the middle is just a itty bit off.
This is driving me to drink!

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on May 15, 11 6:33 PM
jericec wrote:Yikes! This is making me crazy or maybe crazier! I too have spent hours on the compass. Checked the zzzzzz site walkthrough, let my teens both take a shot at it and nothing. I get everything lined up except the tiny one in the middle is just a itty bit off.
This is driving me to drink!

jericec,
After you have your drink (lol!), get out of there and go do something else for a minute. This one drove me nuts, too, but I finally did what the "zzzz" walkthrough said and it worked. This puzzle is very sensitive, so just one wrong flinch can put the wheels out of alignment.
Audrey

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 15, 11 10:08 PM
LizzieK wrote:I have posted 2 videos of how to solve this on youtube. You can find them by doing a search for tiny bang story compass on youtube.

Good luck!

Thanks! I checked out your video, but unfortunately it didn't seem to help me until I read one of the comments there about turning off fullscreen and what do you know? THAT actually worked for me! LOL

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 10:08:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Greyclouds on May 16, 11 4:47 PM
Thank you!!! after 45 mins I was getting frustrated and tired but after reading your solution here I got it in about 2 mins!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 17, 11 9:53 AM
So Here I am just dumb I guess. one walk through say to go counter clockwise three and a half time and bingo they will align. Ha and double ha ha I get the small and big wheel align but the tiny one is off just by a tiny teeny bit. I try going righ and left I need a for sure fire proof solution anyone.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 17, 11 9:53 AM
oops posted twice twice by mistake, sorry didnt think it went through

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 9:55:02 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 17, 11 11:20 AM
Thanks Sleepless. For some reason turning off full screen & rotating 3 1/2 times counter clockwise worked for me. It did not work with the full screen however Try it!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 17, 11 4:03 PM
Well I finally did it . Yeah for me . Thank Lizzie I watched your youtube video twice then attempted it and to my delight it worked thank you so much!!!

[Post New]by SoDoIt on May 18, 11 11:21 AM
I don't know if any body said this but if you go on the tiny bang story i forward it to the code when I did it the compass dispersed cool

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on May 30, 11 3:50 PM
When I try to go out of full screen mode a pop up tells me the mode can't be changed.
So now how do I get the compass to line up?

Go to: