Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sssalpha1358 on Jul 9, 10 6:17 PM
Very disapointed with this one. I loved the other Dream Chronicles and when I saw that they had the collectors edition a few weekends ago I almost splurged...boy am I glad I didn't! I would have been really upset had I paid $20 for a game that barely took me over an hour to complete. The puzzles were not challenging like previous versions and there were very few hidden object scenes. The story was just **** hum as well. Looks like they may have run Dream Chronicles in the ground...

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 12, 10 1:03 PM
Very disappointing game. Graphics were great as usual but this one just didn't compare to the first three. I did like the way the dream crystals played in the game though. The voices didn't bother and some of the mini games were fun. But the last part of the game with all the clock gears - YUK. It's one of those games I bought but wish I hadn't.

[Post New]by MARNEYISLES on Jul 12, 10 6:54 PM
I loved the previous chapters but not this one. Huge disappointment. Girls voice is annoying as others have said. The main problem is the puzzles. They are so very simple. For example two you input symbols. These you just keep clicking until they turn green indicating a correct guess. How is this a puzzle?? There are maybe 2 that require any thought. I wonder why the Grandfathers notes are included as all they really say is 'love you Granddaughter, don't know how this puzzle works'.The game was too short and too easy! Don't waste your money on the Collectors Edition unless you really want the wallpaper and music. Basically $6.99 is all this game is worth. The artwork is beautiful but the turning wheels on the main menu made me a touch nauseous. Probably just me lol. Wish I had known I was about 3/4s through the game before trial ended. To the Developers, please respect our intelligence have interesting puzzles in the next one! The story behind this one was like a non sequitur. Oh well, maybe the next one will be up to the standards of the first 3!

[Post New]by charliehenry on Jul 15, 10 1:14 PM
I have all the Dream Chronicles and this is by far my least favorite. It is a good game, but in my opinion, not half as challenging as the other ones. I purchased it and enjoyed but not as satisfying.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 16, 10 3:08 AM
I am so glad I didn't buy Dream Chronicles 4. The puzzles are not very challenging, they practical hand them to you on a silver platter. The story is lame and uninteresting, not to mention the girls voice.

In my opinion, the best part was the graphics and music.

[Post New]by rmeddick on Jul 17, 10 2:09 PM
Thought the game was good but not sure why I paid $13 more for the collector's edition. It was not as challenging as the previous ones and I was finished with it in one day. Wish I had waited and just bought the regular version.

[Post New]by table4five on Jul 31, 10 7:03 PM
I got to the end of chapter 2 and the game walkthrough said to go back to the airship. I'm at the wooden house, and I can't figure out how to get back! Instead, it prompted me to go into the upstairs part of the house, and put the numbers back on the clock, which the game guide says is the "final door". I'm supposed to have three keys to open the locked covers but I only have one.

How do I get back to the airship so I can go to Chapter 3? Help please!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 2, 10 9:51 PM
I'm a fan of the Dream Chronicles games but have to agree with others that this was my least favorite. The graphics were great and the puzzles were okay but there was something lacking - it just wasn't very engaging. And that girl's voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Still - I'm glad I bought it since I want the game developer to continue this series.

db007
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by db007 on Aug 5, 10 2:47 AM
Im pretty sure half the game is missing, i went from meeting the clock maker to the time sychrinization machine. Missed the treehouse village, wind music island, the cave, water collector and inside the hut, or maybe im doing somthing wrong. I looked up the stratergy guide book because i restarted the game that many time and got stuck at the same place each time.Pretty cheesed off not worth $20 bucks. Can the game be uninstalled then reinstalled incase something went wrong while being installed?

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Sep 1, 10 4:29 PM
I just want you to know that I am really disgusted with the attitude that you have towards gamers that are having problems with this game.
I have been trying all this week to get someone to help me with a problem that apparently lots of others are havong beside me. I spent a lot of money for this game and I was really enjoying it until I got to the end of the Realm of Music part. I spent 2 days doing the blue slates...now that I want to go the the next part,the Realm of Music, I am unable to get the coordinates on the map in the airship.
I also went on the Live Chat...only to be given the run around from a man named Nicholas.
I am totally fed up...Just give me a refund and we'll call it a day.
Thank you
Marianna

[Post New]by nttyprfssr on Sep 26, 10 7:42 AM
I have bought dream chronicles book of air I like the game but it keeps crashing Can any one help as I'm getting fed up with paying for games that don't work probably
come on big fish get your act together or your going to lose a customer

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 6, 10 3:21 AM
Just wanted to say that I replayed it this morning......and I'm still very cross with this game being a CE, beautiful graphics as in the other ones, but so terribly short. If there's a sequel I won't jump right into it as I did for this one, the others were so good that I didn't even bother to play the demo of this one, GREAT mistake.

[Post New]by jaybirdinpa on Oct 10, 10 1:39 PM
I';m feeling stupid. I"m still stuck at the beginning. Ifound all the map but don't know what to do with it

[Post New]by Navelringz on Mar 5, 11 10:35 AM
Although I must say the graphics are beautiful, and this game does not demand a great deal of processor, in the end, it was VERY disappointing: it was over in no time, and the games were pretty simplistic. I can't believe I paid a collector's edition price for a game finished in a couple hours. The standard game is half the price of other standard games, this should be too, it's only half a game. I feel ripped off by this one.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 26, 11 10:43 AM
I finally played and of course the art/graphics were great. I was disappointed with the size of some of the graphics they were to small for me to see. Could they have made the crystals any smaller omg.

The storyline was good but not as awesome as all the others in series. The SG needs to be better for someone like me that had to use it alot in this game because of small objects. Would be nice if you didnt have to page thru tons of other pages.

I am not sure if I got my monies worth on this one. It was a let down at the end I kept thinking it would get better like the other DC's.

Glad alot of fishies enjoyed this game!!

Happy gaming

[Post New]by BMarley on Jan 19, 12 7:57 AM
very dissapointing...

The developer should do better than this

Go to: