Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by michbrian133 on Jul 13, 12 7:11 AM
Was going through these comments, can't wait further. downloading...

[Post New]by citygirlretired on Jul 28, 12 7:06 PM
I'm tired/ along with comments about things being too small - and the hints being useless most of the t ime, and that head is even a waste of space ... the game and it's walk thru give different game requirements .... specifically, walk thru shows need of 9 MUSHROOMS, fairy book says 12 ... ran through this several times, uesless head says 12 ,,,. only 9 mushrooms available so the fairy ring will not populate and I cannot enter the next realm, meaning I can't go ANYwhere .. I even went to the store and tried to buy some... no deal. This is not fun and I'm disappointed. There is way too much guesswork as to what/wehre is next.
Some tweeking is in order - hopefully a 2nd game will have these things fixed.
Oh Yes, I went to the forum, over 20 people have looked, no one has made any comments .... so right now I am not recommending this game.

[Post New]by octoberapple on Aug 22, 12 1:15 AM
To me A Gypsy’s Tale is a solid quality game, definitely not the one you abandon after a couple of minutes. From my part I have to mention the music. Relaxing and changing as the game goes, it gave a completely different impression from the repetitive stuff that you always turn off. I had to turn to walkthrough several times but it is ok with me.
Don't pass this game by.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 14, 13 10:40 PM
Where oh where do I begin. I didn't have problems finding the crystals, since after a short time they started to sparkle. There were times when I had no clue what I was doing, or where I was going, even with the jump map, and the hint. For instance, in the Queen's garden, in order to unlock the gate you have to find the Gnome's gem flower, which is not in the scene ( the previous ones were ) so I hit the hint button and it only said to keep searching for the item but somewhere else?? So I go to the little grumpy gnome's home and I find this elvin looking girl playing a flute, who used to be a swan, until the gnome changed her and she wants you to find her feathers? Seriously? Get up off your rump and go find your own feathers. UGH...this was not fun, this was not entertaining, this was task after task after task, but in such a way that I could really care less about the feathers. I mean all the tasks you have to do, just to get to that point was, well, pointless. Now I have to go take some aspirin. I'm glad that some people thought it was a good game, however, I'm one that didn't.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Mar 15, 13 4:20 PM
So I really tried to get into this game, again, and it's just not happening for me. I'll probably uninstall and remind myself that I did not like this game at all. I just felt like at any moment a unicorn would be riding by with some muse on his back singing "The Sound of Music", while butterflies danced, and flowers swayed...YUCK So sorry, not for me.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 28, 13 12:46 PM
I can't see the crystals, I can't see most of the items, the hints are absolutely useless, I see nothing good about this game except for the graphics. I'm five minutes in and am stuck. The Hint button keeps pointing to a lock that I can't open because I can't get the key and to another lock I can't open that doesn't even use a key. I know I need to open the locks! What I don't know is HOW ! Without the ability to see the crystals or many of the items needed in order to obtain an item for my Inventory there is really no point in even trying to play anymore.

I've read the reviews; it has gotten four out of five stars on the BF site and seems very well-liked here. So perhaps I am missing something besides these crystals that I can't see?

Why does an area on a bush sparkle when there is no way to access it? If I put my cursor there an arrow appears and I am sent to another scene.

I am NOT a happy fishie!!

Edited on 06/28/2013 at 12:48:58 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 28, 13 12:53 PM
Mickeycb wrote:So I really tried to get into this game, again, and it's just not happening for me. I'll probably uninstall and remind myself that I did not like this game at all. I just felt like at any moment a unicorn would be riding by with some muse on his back singing "The Sound of Music", while butterflies danced, and flowers swayed...YUCK So sorry, not for me.

This is an older comment but it (and the comment posted immediately prior to it by the same fishie) made me smile. If this is what the game is like I am happy to know it and will search elsewhere for something more to my tastes - like a creepy mental hospital or haunted mansion or serial killer, something like that.

Edited on 06/28/2013 at 12:55:20 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 8, 14 5:17 AM
Jurinne wrote:
Mickeycb wrote:So I really tried to get into this game, again, and it's just not happening for me. I'll probably uninstall and remind myself that I did not like this game at all. I just felt like at any moment a unicorn would be riding by with some muse on his back singing "The Sound of Music", while butterflies danced, and flowers swayed...YUCK So sorry, not for me.
This is an older comment but it (and the comment posted immediately prior to it by the same fishie) made me smile. If this is what the game is like I am happy to know it and will search elsewhere for something more to my tastes - like a creepy mental hospital or haunted mansion or serial killer, something like that.
Same here, Jurinne.

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 5:18:59 AM PST

Go to: