Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Just Finished!!

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jul 21, 10 11:07 AM
Loved this game as well. Hated to see it end. Debating whether to play again in harder mode or where you don't get the sparkles for active scenes and hints don't recharge as fast.

This game was not too hard and not too easy. I had to use the hints some on a few objects. I like the fact that they give you directions on how to play the minigames. Minigames had an easy to medium difficulty level. I didn't skip any.

I don't mind games that send me back and forth from one area to the next as long as I know what to do. And that was the case in this game. You always knew where you needed to go or who you needed to talk to.

I will be checking out Reincarnations: The Awakening and Veronica Rivers: Order of Conspiracy since they are too by these developers.

Super game and off to play the next!

squirlly
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by squirlly on Jul 21, 10 11:45 AM
Hi, So far I like it, there are some places I have to go to walkthrough to get pointers. Thanks Squirlly

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jul 21, 10 11:58 AM
Loved this game from the get go. Brought it and have finished will play again; something I never do. Probably the best game I have purchased from BFG.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 21, 10 3:30 PM
What a fantastic game!!! I enjoyed every minute of it and was sorry to have it end.Will probably start again with different profile. Thanks BF for a great experience

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 21, 10 7:10 PM
Just finished and wanted to add my positive review to the already overflowing thread of positive reviews.

I didn't time myself but I played over a few evenings, a few hours each evening, so probably 6 hrs at least. I did not skip anything and a few mini-games were a tad challenging to figure out (I love that) but I got them all. I only had to come to the forum once [to find the lens for the microscope, I knew what sort of thing I was supposed to have but I didn't have it, turns out I didn't see the gate open to get to the shore]. So I played reasonably slowly doing everything myself and therefore it was a long playtime. Yay!

Stunning excellent graphics and sound effects. I actually enjoyed how the characters did NOT talk but just said, "hmm" or "thank you". lol. Most likely because the developers are foreign (Russian??) so rather than risk getting accent, etc "wrong" they didn't have the characters speak at all. I like that a lot!! The written English was just about perfect (I found maybe 1 error--what was supposed to be "Recipe" was "Receipt"). Rare and pleasant to find a foreign game with such impeccable English lol.

The only sound effect I disliked was the constant cawing of crows in a few hidden object scenes. That's annoying in real life too!

I found the hidden object scenes amazing. I'd sit and look at each one a few moments before starting. They are all so different (although you do visit some of them more than once, you find different things on subsequent visits). Since they're all different (different perspectives, lighting, colors, etc.), needless to say some were clearer and more pleasing than others..but it's all relative. The ones I liked the most might be the ones someone else liked least. All were superbly done. I used hints occasionally but usually could find everything with varying degrees of difficulty but no hair-pulling.

I didn't play with the music on so can't comment.

I was quite interested in the whodunnit story!

This game was reminiscent of RTR (i.e., there's a statue where you have to give her something else so she will give up what she's holding), but the bits they used from RTR were used in a professional and well-done manner, not cheap imitation (not a wannabe, this game is original!). I like how they took some of the best aspects of RTR and made it really WORK.

All told, a very engrossing and charming game, thrilling, exciting, and great fun to play.

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Jul 21, 10 9:51 PM
And actually, using receipt for recipe is not really an error -- receipt is the archaic term for recipe. I've seen it used in a number of historical novels, and remember it being used for recipe in "The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew". So the use of the old-fashioned term fits in quite nicely with the atmosphere of the game.

It's a really excellent game -- I can't praise it too highly. I think it has something for almost everyone. Bravo to the developers and Big Fish for bringing it to us!

zazu2008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zazu2008 on Jul 21, 10 11:16 PM
I really liked this game. I always play the demos and if I really like it I'll buy it and I was hooked within ten minutes. I bought the game and I'm glad I did.
This kept me guessing and I was surprised at who the "culprit" was. This had a very good story and it kept me interested throughout the entire game. Excellent game!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jul 21, 10 11:48 PM
Excellent!
Beautiful graphics, real art.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Jul 22, 10 12:11 AM
Hi, I am really liking this game not finished yet but I like it. I have to stop now and then because there is alot of back and forth. And tends to --I don't want to say bore you-- but I find when I start to feel oh this again, I just go to something else for awhile. Worth every penny. Thanks vogat and Big Fish bringing it on board.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Jul 22, 10 12:44 AM
Elixir is by far one of the best HOG games I've played so far.
It's an absolute GEM.
Can't wait for the sequel.

Zmija6
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Zmija6 on Jul 22, 10 7:54 AM
I played the demo and it was great.Amazing game,I'll have to buy it!It's so interesting.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 22, 10 9:29 AM
Askold wrote:Dear players,

If you only knew what a pleasure to read all these numerous excellent reviews! You add sense to our lives! And it gives us energy to move forward!

If you want us to do a sequel, if you want us to do new games, such as Elixir of Immortality, please write about it here. Your word may be the most important!

The more your positive messages will be on the forum, the sooner we will be releasing new games. The more good words you write to us, the better will be our next game.

You just can not imagine how important your positive feedback for our future!

Thank you very much for your kind words! You're our favorite!

Always yours,
Askold

and Vogat Interactive team

Thank YOU for a wonderful game - now we all will be looking forward to future endeavors from this team whether those are sequels to this one or brand new games. Go Askold and the whole Vogat team!!!!!

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 9:32:24 AM PST

Senkalupa
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by Senkalupa on Jul 22, 10 12:49 PM
I loved this game I just finished it Took me about 5 or so hours. Good length for an IHOG with strong adventure elements. The best part for me was the story first one in a long time that kept me guessing and wanting to know what happens next .I like this game much better than dire grove I think it has a better story.
The puzzles were really fun and not to hard or to easy.only twice did I need to check the walk through.once for the connect the dots puzzle I had made a small mistake I couldn't see and for a hint on the door to the library .my logic failed me.I really liked the puzzles having instructions as I hate not understanding what a game wants me to do. I did not mind the characters not speaking because a bad voice can ruin a game for me. The game played very smoothly for me no technical problems or glitches. Lovely graphics nice clear scenes. The hog scenes were not too easy or hard. I did need to use a hint for them a couple of times. It had no timer The music seemed to fit well. The journal and the task list were very nice elements.
Very fun game! Would love to have more like it.

AS to the wide screen option, I think it adds the bars to the sides of the screen to reduce the stretching that occurs when its played on a wide screen monitor.Maintaining aspect ratio I think.

[Post New]by chris137 on Jul 22, 10 12:50 PM
This is one FABULOUS game. Perfect in every way!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 22, 10 1:04 PM
20 min. into the trial and I knew it would be a buy for me. Thanks BFG!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 22, 10 4:07 PM
I just stumbled across this and for some reason bought it sight unseen. I had no regrets at all. Just finished it and got my moneys worth! Even when I was sure the game was at an end it gave a bit of a twist and gave me more play time. it probably wasn't one of the most difficult but challenging enough for me. The only thing I didn't really like was the weird way they did (or did not) do the dialogue. They had it in subtitle but the characters were making a grunting noise in the background while you are reading. They story was fun and there was no lack of different screens. Great Game overall!

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Jul 22, 10 4:47 PM
Just want to add my voice to the chorus of praise. Great game --- others have already clearly defined why. Nice going , BF!

[Post New]by txfemale on Jul 22, 10 5:12 PM
If you have not purchased this game, do so immediately!! You will get more than your money's worth!

I always look at the walkthrough, the video, and "try" it before I buy it. I thought it would go fast because it only had 4 chapters, but OMG was I surprised. I found myself intrigued and I kept coming back to keep playing. Just when I thought I was at the end, there was more hidden objects to find. I agree with others that the resolution was easy on the "old" eyes adding to the enjoyment. The mysteries, the continuous sparkles, even the storyline, was great. It was truly a combination of adventure game and hidden object and I LOVED IT!!!

MORE, MORE, MORE like this!!!!

BuggsyBoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BuggsyBoy on Jul 22, 10 5:34 PM
Wow Perfect Game.... Great job to the developers!! Very Ravenhursty (is that a word LOL) BFG What a great month of games.. Looks like I will have 2 freebies next month, something I have never had Keep up the good work Love Ya

[Post New]by txfemale on Jul 22, 10 5:36 PM
Askold wrote:Dear players,

If you only knew what a pleasure to read all these numerous excellent reviews! You add sense to our lives! And it gives us energy to move forward!

If you want us to do a sequel, if you want us to do new games, such as Elixir of Immortality, please write about it here. Your word may be the most important!

The more your positive messages will be on the forum, the sooner we will be releasing new games. The more good words you write to us, the better will be our next game.

You just can not imagine how important your positive feedback for our future!

Thank you very much for your kind words! You're our favorite!

Always yours,
Askold

and Vogat Interactive team

More, Askold, More, More and MORE games like this!!! I had soooo much fun!!!

Go to: