Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Nissiah on Apr 2, 11 9:50 PM
I like this one. It has balance between story, music and graphics. Artistic and well thought-out. A Keeper.

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mum22 on Aug 13, 11 10:14 PM
I liked this game very much. If you like games that have more than HOG's in them, this is it.

Pro's
Graphics are amazing
Storyline is captivating
HOG's are bright enough to see everything, and just challenging enough.
Mini games - once you know what is required they are challenging and fun
CE - bonus chapter adds a neat layer to the existing storyline.
Has voice overs which adds to the whole experience
HOG's allow you to gather more hints if needed
Comes with strategy guide.

Con's
Instructions on the mini-games are not always clear - making some impossible to figure out what the goal is.

Hints are useless for anything other than HOG scenes. If you don't know what to do next they will not tell you.

Often times the reason for an item being hidden somewhere is totally random.

Strategy guide, while giving the solutions, doesn't always explain the solution, especially for the mini games.

Strategy guide can only be accessed by getting out of the game play to main menu and into bonus material - you have to exit and go back in to the file after looking at the strategy guide.

Very linear game. You have to do things in the exact order of the developers. No extra exploring.

Overall I give this a (4 ) rating. Still worth my credits. Thanks BF.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 2:25 PM
beautiful looking game with very nice graphics, very good story line and great Hidden Object scenes and puzzles, I had a great time playing this one.

[Post New]by Whompydoodlepop on Jan 15, 12 9:35 PM
I liked it as it had no killing. I don't like the witch element, but I am sure there are other games that will fit my bill. The scenery was good.

I found myself stuck only at one point and would have gotten through that had I not forgotten to retrace my steps is all.

[Post New]by wickedflower on Jun 6, 12 3:27 AM
I have never posted before although i have been a member for years and bought many games. I was sadly disappointed with this game , I was bored with it and will never buy a CE again. Im not sure why anybody would want the concept art or a wallpaper that they could get for free. The bonus was ok but def not worth the extra money. The puzzles lacked explanation and the strategy guide next to useless you have to wind up the game to access it. No map atall (I like interactive maps as I like to go back to areas quickly) HOGS blurry .I heard plenty of good reviews with this game and I have played the first Echoes game which was ok but not mind blowing.I will stick to SE from now on

[Post New]by sinfulcashew5 on Jun 7, 12 11:48 PM
I thought I would really like the game and I probably would have IF-
The "guide" *(and I use the term loosely) is rather hard to access throughout the game.
Stupid!
The bonus game was outlandish.
Hunt and peck through the whole thing and not really know the goal?
Then it ends rather abruptly.
I PAID good money for this nonsense.
I only stuck it out to see if it got better!
HA!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 14, 12 7:17 AM
this game is a buy for us.----------doug & lisa

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 26, 12 12:30 PM
Is there supposed to be a Strategy Guide for this game? It's the CE but I don't have one. And I'm stuck. The HINTs are not helpful at all. HELP is not helpful at all.

On top of that, I was just kicked out of the game. Again.

There's no Walkthrough.

Please help!

Addendum: I tried to play the game again, a few minutes after I posted, and I was kicked out. Again. This is a little tiring and I'm quickly becoming irritated.

Where is the Strategy Guide? Help?

Edited on 07/26/2012 at 12:34:04 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 26, 12 3:13 PM
Hi Jurinne,

The strategy guide for this game is a little tricky, I'm sorry for any confusion. The strategy guide for this game can only be accessed from the Main Menu. So if you're plaing the game and you'd like to check the guide, just click "Menu" in the top left, click Main Menu. Once there click "Extras" and there will be a section to look at the Strategy Guide.

I hope this helps!

However, if your game is giving you trouble by kicking you out then I would definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should. If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that.

If the game is still giving you trouble, then definitely get in contatct with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Best of luck!

bfgCimarron

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 28, 12 11:27 AM
Thanks! Now that I know where it is I can use it. I appreciate the help!

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Nov 11, 12 1:31 PM
Long game. HOS scenes not too difficult. Find mirrors in HOS for additional hints. Very nice puzzles. Didn't like that the Strategy Guide was buried in the extras menu but overall, a very enjoyable game.

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Mar 10, 13 7:40 AM
very nice game but I didn't care for how to get to the strategy guide ..I am glad I finished the game

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 8:36 AM
Awful, Awful, Awful

GAME COMPLETED A COUPLE OF TIMES

(although I’ve no idea where I got the patience, didn’t last the distance this time)

Why do I hate this game? Let me count the ways...

Absolutely appalling graphics. Even without the problems of low definition due to the age of the game, the visuals are ugly. And there were these ugly shimmery patches wherever an item was needed, in the shape of the item. So a missing handle showed as a shimmery handle. Yuck! It looked ghastly.

Really slow game play. Each move requires multiple mini-games, puzzles or HOs. Nothing is logically apparent, so it is a constant struggle to figure out what comes next. Hardly any of the puzzles come with specific instructions, it’s all “press the buttons in the right order” kind of stuff.

Hint is useless bordering on offensive. “This is the door to the tavern” – well, I know that you idiot!...

The categorically worst thing about this game is the fact the SG is in the main menu. You have to leave the game to look it up!! What a waste of money, I can do that with the standard game.

Which is another thing. I wrote a very disparaging review of the SE of this game based on a demo a year ago, how the heck did this get on my desktop? I’m thinking evil magic!

It does have a couple of redeeming features, particularly for such an old game. It uses three different HOs – slightly interactive lists, multiples and misplaced items. I particularly liked that the misplaced items were indeed actual items I had picked up in an earlier scene.

There are a lot of locations and close up scenes, complex enough to have needed a map, which unfortunately we didn’t get. But the exploring through all the many castle rooms was fun.

Still, not enough to justify buying this, at any price.

I don’t recommend this game!

[Post New]by Patchworklady on May 5, 14 8:48 PM
I am most annoyed to find I have paid for the Collectors Edition but WHERE is the instructions on where to go and what to do?!!!!! This is a "TAKE" there is no help whatsoever. That is the whole idea of getting a collectors edition so if you get stuck there is something to help you out!!!!!

Go to: