[Post New]by jjj13 on Sep 29, 10 3:23 PM
Reasonable game, but found very short. Not great value for money,

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Robin's Quest: A Legend Born

[Post New]by Maven on Oct 7, 10 7:27 PM
Quests! Collections to complete! Gold to find! Archery contests! Freeing your crew! There are fun pursuits throughout Robin's Quest to satisfy any gamer.

Robin's Quest allows the user to choose between two modes: Easy and Difficult. (I have only played the Easy mode.)

You cannot make a mistake in this game! If you forget to find something in a scene, you won't get the "All Clear" sign, so you will know to keep searching. For players who use up their hints, collecting fireflies (randomly displayed in scenes) will buy you more (five fireflies = one hint). If you discover something important, your log book automatically opens, calling attention to your discovery.

Play time in Easy Mode is 3 to 4 hours for experienced gamers, certain to be longer for folks new to Hidden Object + Adventure + Puzzle games.

Worth the trip to Sherwood.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 11, 10 6:16 AM
This was a very good, quite long game with a few quirks.

Good points.
- Graphics
- Voiceovers
- nice puzzles
- hidden objects quite easy to find
- area clear signs in easier difficulty
- hints easy to collect (capped at 5)
- fun collection of Merrymen
- objects seem to be in line with the historic time frame

Neutral points:
- Merrymen could have been used more often
- not much to do with gold (unless for entry fee for one tournament)

My quirks:
- I hate it when history and literature is tampered with

Bottom Line: Once you get over the fact that Robin is a woman it's a great game. Definitely recommended to buy!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Oct 11, 10 8:06 AM
A nice, pleasant game. Kind of on the easy side for most advanced gamers but enjoyable, nonetheless. It was a nice change of pace, especially after just having played "Twisted Lands - Shadow Town". I can't help but get the feeling that Robin's Quest was somehow unfinished and a lot more could have been included. Too short but played it a second time and still enjoyed it.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 15, 10 6:44 AM
When I reviewed the demo, I complained at the ease of play. Having finished the game, I must amend that opinion. Although much of the play is telegraphed, the mini-games can be quite challenging. This added a more interesting dimension to the game for me, and made it much more enjoyable.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jan 26, 11 6:34 AM
I LOVED this game! I didn't want it to end! Decent length..maybe 3-5 hour dependng on how fast you are, but you'll want to spend a lot of time taking in the scenery and looking for all the wanted posters. I loved that addition and douns them all.

Lately I've been in a HOG funk.. even started to dabble in match 3 games, which I do enjoy if they have a story and no timer. But after a few of those I was really craving a fun entertaining IHOG and going through my list of unplayed games I chose this one remembering it looked good when I bought it..but I wasn't sure about Robin being a girl and all that. Well I have to hand it to the developers they did an awesome job remaking a classic tale!

The story is very well written, entertaining, funny and just adorable. No typos or mislabeled H0s, very good English..but it looks like from the credits, this game was made in the US or England..at any rate obviously they speak english.

I loved the mini games, they were all very unique.. only a few usual ones like slide the blocks around to open a bar and unlock a door. They were not too hard or too easy and I like a game where I'm not skipping the minis out of frustration.

The voice acting was some of the best I have heard in a iHOG. The characters were funny and I loved meeting them all along the way. Hints are plenty and easily refilled, though I only needed then a few times.

H0 scenes were fairly easy but it suited the game.. it just flowed very well. I was not board one bit! This is going in my top 10 fav games. I played it on easy and will def replay on hard someday.

The archery tournaments were a nice twist in between quests. Again that adds to the replay value..next time I will not give up until I hit all bullseyes.. they were just enough of a challenge without being impossible. I'm not great at hand-eye coordination things normally as I have a tremor disorder..but I was able to hit almost each one and got better with practice.

The graphics are cartoon style, but sooo beautifully done I was oohing and ahhing over each scene

Solid 5 s

This is a must buy for all HOG/IHOG lovers!!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 28, 11 8:19 PM
I really enjoyed this game, at first look I didnt think it was a game for me. Give the demo a try I think this game is addicting.

The graphics are super and every single screen shot I just looked at the beautiful scenery before starting game.

You dont have to wait for hints which is a real plus for me. The voice acting was super good in this game.

This game is one of my favorites.

Happy game day

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 27, 11 9:56 PM
Well, I see this game has been out quite a while! When I first saw it I didn't think I'd like it but after all the good reviews and comments I d/led and played only 15 minutes before I decided it was a Must Have . I just enjoy everything about it. The graphics are crisp and clear, the music is great and I can't wait to get back to playing. Thanks for the sale! Has made my week-end! Happy Gaming Everyone

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 10, 11 11:50 AM
BearKat wrote:Well, I see this game has been out quite a while! When I first saw it I didn't think I'd like it but after all the good reviews and comments I d/led and played only 15 minutes before I decided it was a Must Have . I just enjoy everything about it. The graphics are crisp and clear, the music is great and I can't wait to get back to playing. Thanks for the sale! Has made my week-end! Happy Gaming Everyone

Like you BearKat I did not think I would like this game. It kept showing up in my game manager in the "Games you might like" section which is actually kind of annoying (no offense) because it takes up too much room, only leaving 4 games showing that I've purchased AND it almost always shows games that I've either already purchased or games from genres that I honestly never buy from because I don't like that particular genre...BUT Robin's Quest kept catching my eye for some reason. Well, they actually got it right that I like HOGs! LOL! I played it for a few minutes and it was fun. I think I'll use one of my punch card coupons on it. It's one of those games where you don't need to play the ENTIRE demo to know that you like it...you "just like it". While the graphics are kind of "Cartoony" it's still whimsical and fun and an interesting story, classical story of Robin Hood with a bit of a twist. I like it!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 11:26 PM
Love the game. Enjoyed how it combined quests with hidden objects and puzzles, as well as the archery mini-game. The character was engaging, and it was disappointing to have the game end.

I realise that having the band of merry men related this to the Robin Hood legends, but some of them seemed so useless. It would have been nice if there were a way to integrate them more into the gameplay.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 8:06 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Nov 29, 11 4:53 AM
I really enjoyed this game. The game play is simple to follow, the music is lilting and light and it's bright and cheery - such an antedote to the dark gloomy games that are constantly on offer.

There's other things to do such as collect 'wanted' posters and coins. There is no click penalty in the hidden object scenes which is great. I have a real aversion to click penalties.

I found this game very easy to play. The puzzles aren't particularly challenging and the hidden object scenes are mostly bright and easy to find.

It's a really relaxing way to spend a glum afternoon. It took me 3 - 4 hours but I wasn't in a hurry and I didn't skip any puzzles. I suspect you could race through it in less time but it was such a pleasant game that I didn't want to.

I'm surprised at just how much I liked it. As a DD it was an absolute steal and I know I'll play it again.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 7:36 AM
I like this game, bought it when it first came out and got my money worth, the graphics are very nice, the story is one we all familiar with and I like the fact that it was a girl doing the main role.

Cute game.

armadillogirl
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by armadillogirl on May 25, 13 6:59 PM
I've done many many Hidden Object games and I think this ones is one of the very best. I truly enjoyed playing it.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 13, 14 10:32 PM
i don't understand all the glowing reviews for this one. There's way too much hand holding. Just do exactly what Robin says to do in the constant voiceovers and text boxes. SPOILERS: I bet I could use that cane to get the keys. I could throw a rock to distract the guards.. Sparkles everywhere. The HOS are no challenge at all. The artwork looks like a Classics Illustrated comic book.

Go to: