Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by grmagrma on Sep 6, 10 4:14 PM
This really isn't a hidden object game. A lot of time finding one piece. One hour and I couldn't get the eye opened. Could be something wrong with my computer. Might need more gigs or megs or bits.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 6, 10 4:24 PM
This is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It kept me very interested. The game guide was different and Franklin was the best help ever. I could not have got through it without help from Big Fish fishes in the pond. I hope the sequel will not take a whole year to come out. Love Love it.

bbelle

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 4:26:17 PM PST

roxas87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by roxas87 on Sep 6, 10 6:37 PM
first of all,i would really like to thank you for BFG for lowering the price for CE as a game club member..i would really love to buy one of those CEs, and here i am now.. the next Drawn CE game! it took me a wholesome of $13.99 to buy it,so i expect to see some amazing things inside this CE game..so,here are my comments/reviews for this marvelous game!

The Pros:
1) the graphic FTW!! enough said..
2) great storyline,great music,great in everything!

The Cons:
1) maybe too addicted to some players..lol

now,here it comes the pros & cons for CE..

The Pros:
1) You got the collector's edition plate name at the homepage (that have option,extras,etc.)
2) have all those extra things in your CE..bonus gameplay,concept art,etc..
3) have several kind of different language maybe?

The Cons:
1) Achievements (Extra): i think we don't need this thing..it is nice to see all those awards we may have accomplish later,but we are not in grammy awards or something..unless,we can send our achievements to BFG,and we may have some rewards for it,like points to be collected to redeem a free game perhaps?or BFG already have that?confirm me on this..but anyway,this feature is pretty useless for $13.99 money,so it will be -1

2) Soundtrack (Extra): honestly,i expect a little more from this extra..i expect,with $13.99 i spent,i can hear soundtrack & copy/download soundtrack files from this CE..but sadly,we can only hear the much,much great soundtrack in-game only..at least,i'm hoping that the soundtracks has a great MP3 file to copy/download to hear the soundtracks outside from the game,but not even OGG file has it in this CE..a -1 for this..

3) Built-In Strategy Guide/Smart Guide (Gameplay) : this too,has my wrath..lol,j/k..in my opinion,the strategy guide has a simple interface to help players that get stuck in a certain levels/puzzles..it's ok,but for $13.99 i spent,i'm hoping it to be a visual & graphical strategy guide..means,like any other strategy guide that you need to buy for $6.99 it have a cool & nice screenshot & details in it..for me,i'm playing this game just to release my boredom/stress,so,i think the question of having too much details strategy guide will make players become bored later is not an issue..this is a casual game after all.. sorry,but -1 for this...

overall,i'm giving this game a 9/10 rating,with a few flaws of extra features in CE..if you want an excellent game with extra features that are nice to see/hear/play, THIS GAME IS FOR YOU!!

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Sep 6, 10 9:21 PM
I play a lot of games but, as you can see, rarely comment. However, I have to comment on Drawn: Dark Flight. This is probably the most beautiful game graphics-wise I've ever played. It was breathtaking. Obviously a lot of time and effort was put into it. The storyline was great (I even smiled when I helped kite boy get his kite back). I don't know how other games will live up to this one. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. When's the next installment???

Thanks for giving us such great games BFG.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Sep 6, 10 11:37 PM
I believe that this is the best game I ever played. I loved the very hard puzzles. I managed to complete all of the puzzles. This meant that it took me over 2 days to complete the game. I like this game even better than Syberia and Syberia II.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 7, 10 12:45 AM
I've been resisting even playing the demo, knowing I would want to immediately buy it. I'd planned to buy it as soon as it came out, but darn it, my inconsiderate daughter decided to get married to the guy she's been with for nine years and there went the money! Just kidding, love my new son-in-law.

After reading the reviews, I wondered if I should rethink taking out that bank loan to buy the game. I mean, hey, Big Fishy, dropping the price was a GREAT move. I've never even considered buying a CE before. Temptation wore me down and I played the demo.

OK, I understand why people might not like this as much as the first one. I do think it's easier, at least in the beginning. For me, this is not a problem, I had a heck of a time getting through the first one. I'm a slow player, in the interest of getting as far a possible in an hour, I talked to Franklin a lot. I want a Franklin in real life. Not that lots of people don't already tell me where to go, but Franklin is on MY side. Still, I figured out most things without having to ask.

It does have a different feel than the first game. Not as polished somehow, and I miss the paintings also. However, the interaction, clever clues and non-linear thinking had me totally engrossed. It's darker and grittier than the first one, the threat was pending, this one, the threat is here and we have to hit the mean streets...er...library to combat it. Less Disney, more Grimm. Iris is growing up and so is the game. Deal with it. Or not, hey, I don't care, I'll be too busy playing.

I left the music on, loud enough to hear (probably the neighbors heard it too since I'm hearing impaired) and it was fine. Rather somber and creepy, appropriate for crawling through a trashed tower. Artwork is still beautiful, humor is still there, loved the pirate!

As I figured, when the demo quit, my credit card fingers started twitching. I miss the game already! I want it! Hey, I just morphed into a starfish a few posts ago and I'm feeling grabby! I'll probably have to wait for the regular edition but it will find it's way into my computer first chance I get. Another big win for the mighty Fin!

[Post New]by pSyCHoSpiLLeR on Sep 7, 10 7:30 AM
Delightful: this game is solid from the unique art to the poignant sound track. I think your hint system is well crafted, especially how it starts with an oblique hint and becomes more direct. The story line is engaging and is nicely punctuated with relevant and challenging minigames.

BTW, the quality of the sound track pushed me over the edge to purchase the collectors edition, instead of waiting for the reduced price version.

Thanks for this very enjoyable game!

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Sep 7, 10 5:40 PM
Based on the trailer and comments here I very well could purchase the game. I finish these types pretty fast so I am reluctant to get the demo. Want to dive right in.

julbuck
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by julbuck on Sep 8, 10 8:40 AM
Congratulations BFG and Picman! Good job! The game is fantastic!

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Sep 8, 10 11:54 AM
New to forum but bought Big Fish games on CD before.
Thought I would like this place but after I just got the Demo of Drawn and tried to buy with my credit I doubt very much I will be around much. Why so many rules to buying games and collecting points. VERY NASTY! I was sucked in and now am disappointed. Collectors editions should be available to buy with credits after all I used $$$ to get them. Even if I had to use two for these versions. SAD SAD SAD!!!!

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 11:55:26 AM PST

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Sep 8, 10 12:16 PM
Just completed the game. Fantastic! Bring on Number 3.....Five stars for me.

[Post New]by kellyfronte on Sep 8, 10 3:57 PM
Have to say I thought the first one was a lot longer and better. This one was way too short and for the "Collectors Edition" I didn't see what I got that was so special. Had I waited and just purchased this game at $6.99 I would have gotten the same features. I mean seriously, who cares about "Wallpaper, and the credits!". The graphics in this game were excellent but I felt the first edition of this game was much more intense. You got way more for your money.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Sep 8, 10 8:32 PM
Finally finished it, and I didn't want it to end. I was savoring every scene, every puzzle, and yes, some of them were tough, but so original I couldn't bring myself to skip even one.

The art and the music were simply incredible. It was one stunning scene after another, so good, some of them, that it actually hindered game play. When I hit that cavernous library with books flying around like birds I do believe I caught a glimpse of paradise. The scene with the statues of dancing children belongs framed on somebody's wall.

It was nice to hear Iris' voice at last, and Franklin never fails to please. People who don't purchase the CE will miss that last scene, which for me brought both of the games to a bit of closure. BUT - "to be continued"? What did happen to Iris' family?

My sincere thanks to the artists, the musicians, the developers. This one was really special.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Sep 8, 10 11:25 PM
I liked the first one, but didn't love it...but this has caught me so suddenly just twelve minutes in that I'm going to go ahead and get it...the art and music and sweeping imagination of the game are incredible!

Houdini Cats!

[Post New]by greypigeon on Sep 9, 10 7:36 AM
Wow...
This game is sooooooooo beautifull! That alone is reason enough to buy the game.

But...
I must say that the game is a bit passive in its gameplay! I expected a bit more action...

Now i am gonna play further, maybe the better is yet to come!
(almost weekend; yesss!)

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Sep 9, 10 12:46 PM
First game I paid CE price for, and I'm not sorry I did. Awesome game, and I'm waiting impatiently for the next one.

Thanks, !

and

Kat

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 9, 10 2:28 PM
I loved the first Drawn and I just finished the demo on this one.

I absolutely LOVE it! It's well done and keeps your interest, actually "DRAWING" you in!

I was able to play all the demo without using any guides and only used Franklin once in the beginning. Once I got the hang of it, I knew to look through my inventory and see what I had and how to use it. You have to search each scene to find everything you can first of all.

I found that some scenes and mini-games are more difficult than others. I had to skip one of the mini-games.

But...I'm going to wait for the lower-priced version because I don't want to purchase another CE. I don't need the "extras" that come with a CE. So I think I'll save a few dollars towards another game.

Bottleneck
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Bottleneck on Sep 9, 10 4:12 PM
Awesome game!
I did use Franklin more than a little

Am trying to do it without him now LOL

[Post New]by unfictionrose on Sep 9, 10 9:19 PM
This looks like a great game. Really fun design and cute story (although lighting the beacons reminds me of LOTR) .

So why am I not buying it? The control with the mouse gives me a bit of trouble and I got stuck on blowing up the shark with the cannon. The game gives me no way to advance past it. I couldn't manage to aim, load and shoot in time and I got bored aiming and then waiting for a shark to swim by.

I'm glad there are demos of these games. I would have bought this game because it is so cute and charming to play - but I didn't even make it through more than 1/2 an hour of free play before I got stuck.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Sep 10, 10 5:25 AM
This is a gorgeous game, the soundtrack is lovely and soothing, and TBH I need that when playing it because I stumble through most of the puzzles. I am forced to use the hint system quite frequently, and that is not something I want to do, but it is a necessity in my case. Not sure if I will purchase it for that reason alone. For instance...I am at the part where you have to place the musical notes on the sheet of paper, but the clues are not adequate to get me through this part and I am stuck deciding to simply delete it out of aggravation or try to find the answer in the forums....If I had one wish it would be that the developers would remember the players have not previsouly played their game so the clue system needs to be concise and to the point. For me, there is nothing worse than trying to "guess" what I need to do next to advance in a game. If I have to ask for hints I obviously don't know what the next move is, so give it to me straight. Just my 2 cents.

Go to: