harrisd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White

[Post New]by harrisd on Oct 6, 10 9:32 AM
MargieB wrote:
While playing the game, when taking a break from the game, why does the game not save your place in the game when you return to the game, most games save the place where you left off?

Delores
Good Morning Fishies

The walkthrough for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White is posted on the Big Fish Games Blog and can be found here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/victorian-mysteries-woman-in-white-walkthrough/

Just copy and paste the link above into your address bar.

Good Luck!

MargieB

[Post New]by veryoung on Oct 7, 10 6:41 AM
Cool game!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 7, 10 8:31 PM
I played the full demo in expert mode. The game has good graphics and kudos to the developers--no highlights in expert mode (thank you!). On the plus side, the hidden object scenes only contain around ten or twelve items and the items are of good size. Some of the names may be unfamiliar (ex. 'cutters' for garden shears, 'faces' in a scene that's filled with masks and statues and pictures) but for the most part you can figure it out. There is a 'crazy cursor thing' thing if you click incorrectly five times. There is no wide screen correction, so part of the picture is off the sides for those with wide screen monitors.

But after the hour, I didn't feel compelled to continue. The game didn't flow for me and I didn't feel any sense of forboding or mystery...I felt like I was running around a mansion. It just didn't grab me in that first hour. But it is a pretty game.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 10:56:56 AM PST

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 8, 10 4:15 PM
Valdy wrote:I never had any problems with this game, and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay.

The one thing I really didn't like was the crude graphics when it came to the Hidden Objects scenes. All the other scenes in the game were beautifully done, but the Hidden Objects scenes looked terrible. I had to use a lot of hints because half the time I didn't recognise an object (sometimes I didn't recognise it even with the Hint pointing at it). So that part was a real damper on the gameplay.

I also couldn't stand that awful sound I get every time I find an object in the Hidden Objects scene. A simple 'ding' would have been enough. *rolls eyes*

I totally agee with you what you said...could've been better

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 8, 10 4:20 PM
Nothing else had caught my eye this week, so decided to go with this game. while it had beautiful graphics, this was not used in the HOG scenes, which where a bit murky and some objects hard to see. also got the spinning cursor if you randomly clicked on objects.
I think they could have done alot more in the game play, after the first 2 chapters, it really slowed down, and even though you were checking out alot of new areas, you may only have one item to get in each one..waste of a room.
the few mini puzzles it had were very easy, along with the general game play. also think they could have come up with a better ending, a bit of a let down and very abrupt..was still an enjoyable game, but probably would have preferred to have waited and bought as the DD

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Oct 8, 10 5:22 PM
This is a great, great game. altho it does have a glitch which is annoying. The first time I played it I exited upon arrival at the labyrinth. The game went back to the beginning and locked me out of many areas. I needed to start again. This time I did not close the game once I was well into it.

Unlike most games, this one was worth the bother. Interesting story, sympathetic characters. the puzzles actually advance the story and the **** games are appropriate for the time and place. Incredibly well done.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 8, 10 6:20 PM
kelnjor wrote:
Valdy wrote:I never had any problems with this game, and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay.

The one thing I really didn't like was the crude graphics when it came to the Hidden Objects scenes. All the other scenes in the game were beautifully done, but the Hidden Objects scenes looked terrible. I had to use a lot of hints because half the time I didn't recognise an object (sometimes I didn't recognise it even with the Hint pointing at it). So that part was a real damper on the gameplay.

I also couldn't stand that awful sound I get every time I find an object in the Hidden Objects scene. A simple 'ding' would have been enough. *rolls eyes*

I totally agee with you what you said...could've been better

Also in agreement here - but the game is overall very, very good.

babesacat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by babesacat on Oct 9, 10 6:16 AM
I finally finished the game after the glitch. I didn't realize how close to the end I was.I was waiting for the secrets to become available, and all it did was take me to the family tree. I was disappointed. I feel a bit cheated again.

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Oct 9, 10 9:01 PM
Just gotta step out of the demo to comment. Some gripes: A lion isn't a 'mane' (although I found it despite the lame clue. And if you mean 'mane', then take the mane, not the whole lion.). Also when I click twice in a row on successful finds, I want a sound for both, not just the first one, and silence for the next. Also when I ask for a hint and it points to something that I know isn’t the answer, so I randomly click above where the hint is pointing and find it, that doesn’t instill a lot of faith that this game is not going to be frustrating! UPDATE: Ok you know what? It’s a great game despite my initial critique. I went “Oh no!” when it was over. Good get! Puzzles where challenging enough without being ridiculous. They made sense but still required logical thinking and intuition. I'm buying it.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Oct 9, 10 9:18 PM
I really enjoyed this game and took a lot of notes to explain why, but then the clock ate my hammer. In Live Chat the CSR suggested that I uninstall and reinstall and that my progress would be saved. It wasn't.

I was so close to the end, and facing the labyrinth (all of which I HATE) so I just figured why bother. Maybe I will replay it in the future when I've forgotten everything in it and am desperate for a good game.

I must say, again, that it was most enjoyable, very much in period, nice graphics, good story which seemed to tie in with the original, good voiceover work -- I guess that losing my progress just disheartened me too much to go on from the beginning again. Plus, having to deal with that labyrinth.

But I would certainly recommend giving it a try. Just don't put your hammer anywhere near the clock!

Oh, and when the piece of paper committing _____ (character) -- I have CRS Syndrome) to the insane asylum first shows up, read it closely when it first appears. Because immediately afterwards it's stuck in the notebook and you can only guess at the names (which are important to the story).

pattb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pattb on Oct 10, 10 7:39 AM
I probably would have liked it if I could have gotten it to work

[Post New]by terraNoxArcana on Oct 10, 10 2:03 PM
This game in OK, decent graphics, but WAY to short (as most are nowdays), I finished the game in 2 hours.

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Psycho999 on Oct 10, 10 6:36 PM
terraNoxArcana wrote:This game in OK, decent graphics, but WAY to short (as most are nowdays), I finished the game in 2 hours.

Me too Terra...I loved the Idea, not too many boring Hidden Object Scenes (enough with the **** games developers, it's been done to death!) the interactive part was really good, storyline flowed, excellent build up, and then it just ended with a total cop out, it had that half finished feel to it, it's trying to be MCF or Dire Grove, and the idea is there, but it falls short in every way, more than anything in value for money, I was over halfway thru it by the end of the demo, none of it challenged me apart from not knowing to mix paint with eggs, which was just annoying, they could have done so much better with this storyline, great idea, strong characters, good graphics, but too easy and half hearted attempt at a game, 2 out ot 5 for me. Twisted Tales and Witch's Prison by far the best IHOG games out at the moment, this doesn't measure up at all. Decidedly underwhelmed..

[Post New]by candykahne on Oct 10, 10 10:16 PM
Debby960 wrote:Played the trial game and had problems with hints etc. Then saw that new version would be downloaded after September 27th. So Uninstalled game and waited. Well Oct. 1st went on line to games and bought the game. Have been playing it, reached chapter 5 and had to leave game at the doors. Went back in and I am at the entry way and CAN NOT GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS, have tried everything, and now see I am not the only one, so have to play game over again this is not fair.

[Post New]by candykahne on Oct 10, 10 10:19 PM
I have been going in circles like a crazy person going from room to room looking for a way out lol I can't seem to get back to the cellar! it starts me at the beginning and everywhere i go says nothing to do here

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 16, 10 7:08 PM
I like The Moonstone and because it's from the same developer, I bought this game using my game credit.

Here's some points that I like on the game:
+ better graphics than The Moonstone (TM)
+ good storyline and game method (instead of TM which 100% HOG)
+ Creepy at the beginning, but sadly it is kinda disappoint me as it progress.
+ good voice actors
+ quite easy. I dont really like puzzles that is too hard. That is my point of playing games, not to make me have headache. The most difficult part for me was at the last chapter. The characters of the place were also creepy, they look like zombies...

and these points kinda make me regret buying it:
- the face expression's graphics of the characters look like they were copied and pasted, esp. Laura. She looks the same from the beginning to the end.
- too short!!! I finished this game less than 2 hours almost with no walkthrough cos it's so easy, which I feel like I want my credit back!
- some of the puzzles are difficult, and the hint charge is too slow.
- ending is somewhat disappointing. Seems like it was solved for you, not us finding for clues.

I experienced no technical issue with the game, but when the game ends, I asked myself 'that's it?' . It took me about 1,5 hours to complete this game and I dont think 7USD worths the price. If you want to buy this game, I suggest you to wait for promotion from Big Fish.

Edited on 10/16/2010 at 7:17:32 PM PST

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Oct 17, 10 12:49 AM
gks1951 wrote:Hello fishies.is any one else having problems playing the game after install.

thanks.

Yep. Can't get beyond Chapter One. I've done everything in all the rooms and SHOULD be able to go to open the bedroom door, but get told I have more searching to do.
I think the biggest problem I have with tech help (no real criticism here guys, to you personally, just to the way that tech help has to go from step a to z to help us) is that they are always wanting me to update my drivers when I have the latest ones due to automatic updates. I would love the tech guys to take the game apart first and find the problem instead of thinking the problem is with the computer.

Okay - editing here to say I got beyond the bedroom - but I had to dump the one profile and play the game from the beginning again.
Not sure what that means, but it sure is strange

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 3:21:44 AM PST

Re:Out of control mouse

[Post New]by TracyMarsh on Oct 18, 10 9:24 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with my games lately? My computer is very new with top of line everything, quad core, etc. and the last few games I have bought thru BFG my mouse is slow and out of control. I move it alittle bit and it moves across the screen, I can't get it to stop where I want to click it. It only happens in my games, it is great in anything else. What is this? Can I fix it? I know my graphics card, etc are all up to date current as I did that tech thing where they give you a program that checks it all out and creates a report for BFG tech's. So now I can't play this game at all. The mouse is just totally out of control and is in slow motion but then it moves fast across the page at the same time. Can't get it on an object I need to click. Not at all worth the hassle to try and play a game! On one game I switched the mouse to make it plain and not fancy, and it helped a ton but on this game there is no option to simplify the mouse. Any ideas???? Tracy

[Post New]by dbrandt10 on Oct 19, 10 6:26 PM
looked like a good game, but no option for changing cursors and the one they have hesitated then jerked, so not a buy for me.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Oct 22, 10 9:32 AM
I did like this game. Every now and then you want a relaxed game to play and this was it. Looking forward to a sequel.

Go to: