elizacron
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by elizacron on Dec 8, 10 3:12 PM
I'm almost done with the game and my review would be 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Pros: Great voice acting, graphics, music, ambiance, clear HOG scenes, fun mini games, nice to have built-in strategy guide

Cons: Not near enough "forensic" play, not much lab or police office time. Overall - Way too simple.

I have all of the James Patterson games and for me, this one was way too simple. Of course, I enjoyed it, but I couldn't help but feel it was a bit "dumbed-down". No offense meant to anyone, the game was just easier than the rest. I don't think I used the strategy guide except for once (when I couldn't get the pamphlet under the lighthouse door, and I was doing everything right the game obviously sticks a little at this point).

I also missed the forensics of the earlier game. I remember taking many more samples (heck, searching for them too!) and doing a lot more once back at the station. I think we even were in the autopsy room a couple times, no? Here, we spent most time talking with the town people and going from place to place. While I love a good adventure game, and I don't mind moving about or talking, I just wish there had been more of the fun CSI stuff.

Also, I thought the HOG scenes were very limited. One only had 12 items, which is little low on my list. Maybe next time the developers can do a 2-level game - users can choose an advanced game or normal level? Something like that...

Again, I still liked the game, just not what I was expecting as far as difficulty and overall experience. Good, solid game though.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by PrincessDeborah on Dec 9, 10 6:15 AM
For all of you thinking the game is stuck at the end of Investigation 2, I found the solution! Go back to the mechanics yard and look at the hole in the fence and take the "black fiber". THAT will end the investigation!!!!

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Dec 17, 10 1:11 PM
I love this series, but this installation left me a little disappointed. I bought it without trying it because of my past experience with the series.

The art is great, the story is compelling, but I was ready for it to be over about halfway through. Is it me, or were the sidegames just a little on the average side? Also, the questioning sessions seemed on the long side compared to previous games.

The thing that bugged me the most was not being able to return an item to inventory with a right click. I must be spoiled by other games.

The logic portions in the scenes were appropriately challenging. I will always look into new installations of this series, but this one just didn't thrill me as in the past.

marginal
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by marginal on Jan 4, 11 2:02 PM
I downloaded the "Try It" and get only a white screen, and the minutes are counting down. Can you help me? I uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem. I would like to purchase this game, but I don't dare with the problem.

Edited on 01/04/2011 at 2:50:02 PM PST

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jan 10, 11 6:01 PM
GREAT GAME!!! Good story, great graphics, and clear hidden object scenes! More games like this please!!!

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jan 12, 11 5:57 AM
HELP!!

I am at the light house, I have the pamphlet but every time I try to get the screwdriver out of the box Lindsey says: I'm not sure what i would need that for but I'll remember where it is". Is there a certain trick to getting that screwdriver out of the tool box?

Thanks......JoAnne

[Post New]by kerik79 on Feb 26, 11 12:35 AM
Definitely my favorite of the WMC games. I'm a huge CSI fan, so the forensics really appeal to me. Wish they would add an autopsy section to this game!

Great graphics and voice work. Love the variation of mini-games in this one. Puzzle solving included working yarn on a loom and solving a crossword and many many more.

I saved a credit to buy this one--def worth it!

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on May 28, 11 7:40 AM
Excellent - a little short.

[Post New]by LadyAngel1124 on Jun 12, 11 10:15 AM
erincally wrote:Nothing is working for me re the flyer also, and because its save and exit, anytime
I return to the game Im stuck at the same spot with same trouble!!!

Dont want o start all over again...

Managed to get the flyer under the door :-)

click on keyhole (dialogue will appear), then click on door (more dialogue) and then couple of clicks later, the flyer was in place.

was convinced Id missed the step of trying toolbox key in the door and had locked myself out...doh!

This worked for me too (finally!)

Edited on 06/12/2011 at 10:16:00 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 2:11 PM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3.5 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3.5 stars
Overall – 3.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by linhlindsay on Oct 14, 11 12:23 AM
hi is there anyone know when they will have a new women murder club game i have all the women club game im the big fan of women murder club book i wait for ages

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Oct 14, 11 5:36 AM
Bought this game for the regular price of $6.99 on 9/25/10 a little more than a year ago.

It was a good game and surprised to see the price slashed on it so soon.

This continuing trend is just making me more and more cautious about how I spend my money on games.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Oct 14, 11 5:37 PM
This game is awesome. Much better than the previous Murder club games. I bought it without hesitating because the dd price is a steal. Plus BF contributes to a good cause this month. Big Thanks Big Fish.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 15, 11 5:10 AM
Bobbie53 wrote:This game is awesome. Much better than the previous Murder club games. I bought it without hesitating because the dd price is a steal. Plus BF contributes to a good cause this month. Big Thanks Big Fish.

My sentiments exactly, I trialled one of the other games & found it a trifle simple, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Plus top marks for the H0G scene at the beginning, different & fun.

I did have one issue though, I couldn't type the name D'Ortagne in investigation 5 as the game would not let me type a ', so I ended up having to skip that puzzle.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Oct 16, 11 11:43 AM
This is a top-notch quality game and one of my favs. Excellent story....a well-written detective mystery. The dialogue is pertinent and the well-done voices move at a nice clip...no dragging. The H0s are good with no black objects on black back-ground type of thing. There's a map so you can hop here and there. The music is pleasant and I usually turn it off, but it's nice and not distracting. The puzzle/mini games are fun, doable and quite different from the usual games found. There's a built-in SG and excellent hint system. The details in this game are well thought out and clever, eg, the 'storage robot' is just one example. Don't forget to play the Epilogue and the Find-All Mode has lots of HOGs for those who like them. Thank you James Patterson and BFG. I LOVED it.

[Post New]by rebeccartist on Oct 16, 11 4:11 PM
I bought this as a DD and I'm glad I did - tried one of these WMC games years ago and it was slow-paced and... frankly, I hated it. This was a nice upgrade to that one. As usual nowadays, good graphics, crisp graphics, plus a fairly interesting storyline. It was nice to be up on the coast for once and out of a haunted house and/or graveyard.

Overall, it was an enjoyable way to pass the time. My main complaint was the cumbersome interface -- why can't we right click to put an item back into our inventory? Why must we drag it down there manually? Seems a silly choice. That, and that we had to click away the internal dialogue before we could keep playing, or wait for it to fade of its own accord. Strange decisions by the devs, imho.

My minor complaint was the voiceover acting for some of the folks in the coastal town. A Southern accent? Really? This is northern California, not Alabama. And yet, every single game and most television shows depict anyone living in a rural environment as having a Southern accent. Ludicrous. And especially ludicrous when you're talking about areas around Mendocino, but according to this game, (male) law enforcement personnel working in N. Calif. coastal communities all have Southern accents. Wow, I had no idea it was a prerequisite for the job ( /snark).

It would have been nice to see some actual redwood trees in the coastal forest, too.

Thanks for the chance to grab this on a DD, and to donate a buck toward breast cancer research.

Nice game. I'll try the next one when it's released.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 20, 11 3:11 PM
I loved the Women's Murder Club TV show and Twice in a Blue Moon (third game in this series) so I picked this one up.

- Nice graphics. Not the style I usually like (ERS Studios games), but the more realistic look suited the tone of this game.
- The story and mystery were interesting. I liked learning stuff through bits of conversation, reading journals/letters and other clues. I wanted to find out what had happened.
- Dialogue choices. I liked getting to pick questions to ask people, reminded me of old school adventure games.
- Voiceovers were high quality. As for accents, I live in the Bay Area and when you get as little as a couple of hours out, people do sound kind of hick and you'd think you were in Texas not California from the way they talk.
- Puzzles were fairly easy, but I really liked the one where you have to assemble the goat's skeleton. I googled a cat skeleton to get a hint on how to finish it, hehe!

Dislikes:
- Game was a bit too unbalanced towards Lindsay. She's the cop, but I would have liked to have played as Claire a bit more, especially because it was her friend who was killed. And I don't think Jill even appeared in this one(?)

The Bottom Line:
Intriguing, satisfying mystery story with good cast of characters, however fairly average hidden object scenes and puzzles. (The goat skeleton one was fun, though!)

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 21, 11 11:30 AM
I love the books but this was not my favorite game. I really struggled with having to finish it as I found it somewhat boring. Oh well.

Edited on 10/21/2011 at 11:31:03 AM PST

A1mom
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by A1mom on Oct 31, 11 4:36 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:13 PM
This game is the 4th series from 'Woman's Murder Club' developed by iPlay Games.
Just love this one so much! Music are great and graphics are nice, even, Dialogues and Voice were nicee!!

Go to: