Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Valley

[Post New]by jessicaarcher on Feb 22, 11 7:59 AM
wvsandy wrote:Bought it with the President's Day sale, and wish I'd bought something else. Not the worst game ever, but for all that it had a vampire theme it was pretty dull. Junk pile scenes were pretty junky so I ended up using more hints than I usually do. If there is a sequel to this game, I won't be buying.

I totally agree with you...Disappointed..Glad It was on sale... Lord of mirrors was on sale recently..Got it for 2.99 well worth the price. The game I was most satisfied with was queen of spades..Unfortunately It is a collectors edition, so no discounts were available, but for 14.00 it was one heck of a game, and took me a few days to beat, also comes with a strategy guide...

[Post New]by kev6ft6 on Feb 22, 11 9:16 PM
I've enjoyed all of the adventure/hidden object games I have purchased from Big Fish so far, but Mystery Valley is the first one that has prompted me to find a way to voice my disappointment.

Here are the things that ruined the game for me:

1. Clunky scene-jumps
2. Stiff human movements
3. Spelling errors (i.e. "Burried Alive", "Hursing Home")
4. Incorrectly named hidden objects (i.e. "goggles" are actually binoculars)
5. Unexplored vampire theme (if the protagonist's real parents are vampires, why isn't she a vampire?) (wait, can vampires even have children?)
6. Short playing time

There were a few great things about the game.. some of the graphic textures and buildings were well done. The music was good (but unfortunately there were many long stretches of time where there was no music (and no sound at all). This game could have been so much better. If you are reading this, Big Fish Games, please be more selective in the games you choose to sell. This one was way below par for you and I look forward to better-quality games in the future.

[Post New]by Meanjean40 on Feb 25, 11 7:26 AM
I am a huge fan of the MCF games, especially the Ravenhurst series. This game is a big disappointment. Jumped from one scene to another with no real reason, jerky animation, difficult to navigate. Maybe it works better on a PC, but was a real pain on my Mac. I do NOT recommend this if you loved Ravenhurst.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 7:26:51 AM PST

CL79B
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by CL79B on Mar 10, 11 8:22 PM
kev6ft6 wrote:... Here are the things that ruined the game for me:

1. Clunky scene-jumps
2. Stiff human movements
5. Unexplored vampire theme (if the protagonist's real parents are vampires, why isn't she a vampire?) (wait, can vampires even have children?)
6. Short playing time....

AGREED! These are the same issues I've had with the game - especially the "scene-jumps." It leaves you unsure of whether you missed something (as another poster stated) or if the game is actually skipping things...

FRUSTRATING!!!!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 18, 11 10:57 AM
I both liked and disliked this game. On the "like side", the story line was interesting and I liked the mix of the HOG/Adventure format. Minigames were skippable. The hint button charged fairly quickly.

On the "dislike side", the hidden objects were poorly done -- fuzzy graphics, very, very tiny objects, that for the most part, had no real purpose or connection to the story. The scenes and puzzles ended abruptly and you had no chance to see what was done. There was confusion in my mind as to the roles of the characters and how they interfaced. As previously mentioned, it was alarming when the sound went silent. We thought we had a glitch in our computer. Finally, after a long lapse of time, the sound came back on. Where's the quality control?

With all the A+ games to choose from, I wish the developers had given us something more than a C- game!

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 11:08:53 AM PST

[Post New]by bedmond7 on Apr 10, 11 11:10 AM
The code for the locker does not work. How do I get the camera?

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on May 23, 11 8:03 PM
I was drawn in by the interesting premise/story even though the graphics are on the low-res side. A lot of the hidden objects are concealed by means of blending into backgrounds that are almost the same colour and are on the small side, although I didn't have problems finding them.

The puzzles were pretty average, but the story turned out to be somewhat disappointing. It's a short game, though, so that made it better in a way that I didn't spend a lot of time for not much of a reward.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 23, 11 9:15 PM
really terrible graphics in the ****...not bad otherwise

[Post New]by TajanaM on Jun 29, 11 7:50 AM
doctorgood wrote:My kind of game! The hand drawn graphics are done very well in a "cartoon" style for lack of a better description. The cursor does do a whirl- about thingee after too many clicks but it's short lived and acceptable. As someone pointed out there is dialogue only at the beginning (at least as far as I have been so far) but I really don't mind that. I believe spoken dialogue "eats up" Kb space big time and I prefer game play over some lame, spoken dialogue that doesn't interest me. I found the electric circuit puzzle fun (now,mind you, I didn't say especially challenging) because there is more to do after you replace the various parts. ( by the way,none of those were fuses,but I don't care) You can go in several different rooms at a time which is good. I like to wander around like that (premature senility? )............ (premature!!?? ) Any how,I have 2 game credits and one of them is buying this time passer. Have a good day. ( and if you're caught wandering around just tell them you're looking for something. That's still working for me.
Dr.good

Edited on 06/29/2011 at 7:50:49 AM PST

[Post New]by TajanaM on Jun 29, 11 8:03 AM
I just thought I would mention a little secret when finishing Mystery Valley game.Click on the main page where you would nomally start the game and look to your left where Daniel's Name plate is,and notice that most of the chains are gone off of it and it says: Daniel's escape and click on it for another game to play.When someone has figured how to light the the 2 dishs,please post.Have fun!! Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

[Post New]by TajanaM on Jun 29, 11 8:18 AM
TajanaM wrote:I just thought I would mention a little secret when finishing Mystery Valley game.Click on the main page where you would nomally start the game and look to your left where Daniel's Name plate is,and notice that most of the chains are gone off of it and it says: Daniel's escape and click on it for another game to play.Short game.]

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:42 AM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2 stars
Overall – 2.5 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by msladytac17 on Jul 28, 11 5:03 PM
I am very disappointed with this game I got to day 5 and now I am stuck in the mine. I kept clicking on the cable in the upper right corner and it does not trigger the mini game for the wire cutters. It was too dark and it was not scary at all. I really hate I wasted a game token on it. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT FOR A GAME I HAVE HAD WITH BIG FISH SINCE BEING A MEMBER.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 24, 11 11:03 AM
CL79B wrote:
kev6ft6 wrote:... Here are the things that ruined the game for me:

1. Clunky scene-jumps
2. Stiff human movements
6. Short playing time....

AGREED! These are the same issues I've had with the game - especially the "scene-jumps." It leaves you unsure of whether you missed something (as another poster stated) or if the game is actually skipping things...

FRUSTRATING!!!!

Both of you list most of the complaints I had with this game. I only played the trial version and the two spelling errors cited (Hursing Home, Burried Alive) were seen during that time.

Another thing I didn't like with this game, and I know it doesn't bother other people, but long dialogue/backstory scenes don't appeal to me. Especially in a trial version, where in this game half the time I played was spent just skipping what it would let me skip. Also, when it said "Click here to skip" you actually have to click twice, once to get your cursor and once to actually skip.

And my last complaint, if you're going to have a vampire theme, show me some vampires post haste! "Dracula: Love Kills" and "Blood Oath" delivered there. I have "Dracula: Love Kills" and love it, and "Blood Oath" is on my short list to buy.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 25, 11 9:46 AM
jessicaarcher wrote:I thought this game sucked...I love the dark mysterious games, and those are the only type that I have downloaded..But, I thought this was too easy and didnt really have anything exciting happen through the game...

Im sure not everyone shares my opinion on this game, but im recommending some games I have recently played that are a bit more challenging and have a better plot...

edgar allan poe: the black cat
Haunted Legends:Queen of spades (Loved this game, large file)
echoes of the past: royal house of stone
fear for sale: mystery at mcInroy manor
Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors
Ravenhearst/Return to Ravenhearst (Large Files)
Mystery Lengends: Phantom of the opera (awesome game)
Enlightenus (Not a spooky one, but very cool, good graphics)

Hadn't tried out Haunted Legends: Queen of Spades before but after reading it on your list played the demo. Love it, it's going on my short list of games to buy!

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Oct 15, 11 8:56 PM
When I seen this game come up under Daily Deal I couldn't remember playing it originially. After getting into it I remembered it...and also remembered why I didn't buy it before. Just didn't like it. Didn't grab my attention for some reason. Won't buy even as a DD....

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Oct 16, 11 11:30 AM
I must be the odd one out here because I quite enjoyed playing this game all the way through. As a DD it is very good value indeed. IMO

After finishing, I looked at the walkthrough and, as I thought at the time, I missed one or two scenes because I played the game out of the order the devs thought it should be played. Oops!!! Not too much of a big deal, and neither was the mispelling. Some of the cut scenes were rather long-winded though.

I've kind of come to expect some mispelling nowadays as most games are not developed by english speaking people. For me, it doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment of the actual game.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 16, 11 1:51 PM
I enjoyed this game. It was a bit short for my taste on the game play but the graphics were good & story line. It seemed to leave room for a sequel. For a DD it was worth the $ as well to help find the cure for cancer.

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 1:55:33 PM PST

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Oct 22, 11 12:39 PM
I'm not entirely sold on this game, although the graphics are quite good.

One of the things that really irritate me are the spelling errors and typos. The ones that stand out to me are 'burried' instead of 'buried', 'gaz' instead of 'gas' and 'the out' instead of 'put out'. Little things like this speak of poor editing. However, I haven't let these things prevent me from playing the game.

I got the game for $2.99 so I don't feel that I paid too much for it. For that price I can live with the mistakes.

Lindsey

[Post New]by scoobysnak98 on Nov 20, 11 3:54 AM
I liked this game, quick response when clicking and changing scenes, good length and it was on sale!!

Go to: