Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by misty4077 on Nov 18, 10 1:52 AM
Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!! Kept my interest and curiosity all the way. I would start the game just to hear the beautiful intro music. Very haunting and soft. This is worthy of top game!!!!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 21, 10 12:42 AM
I bought this game after trying the demo for 5 minutes just to make sure there weren't any technical issues. I really liked Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff and Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff which were made by the same developer, so I was excited about this one, which I think is the best of the three.

This is an iHOG/FROG/puzzle/adventure game, which seems to be becoming the norm; don't really see straight HOGs anymore. The artwork is really beautiful, and I appreciated the diary entries that told you what objects you needed to get and where they needed to be used.

The puzzles were generally on the easy side. The fishing puzzle might be tricky for people who can't manipulate the mouse that well, but everything is skippable.

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by geroge1 on Nov 22, 10 11:12 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Age: The Dark Priests? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by geroge1 on Nov 22, 10 11:14 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Age: The Dark Priests? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium
one of the best games i"ve played in a while. deffinately recommend it.

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by geroge1 on Nov 22, 10 11:15 AM
for those who like a long and interesting game...buy it.

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Nov 22, 10 4:42 PM
I actually don't like Hidden Object Games that much. I'd much prefer a straight Adventure Game. But I had so much fun playing this game. All the variety! Hidden Objects, FROGs (or whatever you call them), wonderful graphics, compelling story. Nice and long, too. I recommend this game highly.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Nov 24, 10 1:13 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game -I'm just sorry it's over. I'll play it again another day when I've forgotten all the twists and turns -maybe I'll be patient enough to work out ALL the puzzles !!!
A HUGE THANKYOU for a superb game.

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Nov 27, 10 1:17 AM
Perfectly good game for some perhaps, but for me there was something about it that bugged me. Whether it was the sloppy cursor, the languid loading of the game, the gothic choir music, or just the overall play which became predictable and tiresome very quickly. It was tricky and tough and I enjoyed solving the puzzles but not much. It would be a mid level involved game – if you walk out and go back in you have to remind yourself of all the unfinished sh*t you have to do. I played it for a few minutes and it seemed like hours. I played again (same demo) waiting to play it out and it didn’t end fast enough so I stepped out with STILL 13 minutes to go and I feel like I’ve had more than enough of the game. Pity - I loved The Imperial Staff. Deleting with time left on demo – it felt like a waste of time.

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Nov 27, 10 10:10 AM
Hi all, this is my first post (!!) but I've relied on all your comments a great deal to make decisions in the past. I just wanted to say that I really liked this game. If you're wondering about the length then be assured that you will be around for a while - it's one of the longer games that I've played so definitely worth it.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 1, 10 5:41 AM
Comment:

Wow! What a game! Definately worth the investment. Hours upon hours of game play, challenging but not stupifying, compelling storyline that kept me involved, nice graphics throughout, music and sound was appropriate... just a great game all around.

BigCatMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by BigCatMama on Dec 3, 10 8:43 AM
Buyers beware--this game is addictive!!

It's beautiful, it lets you wander wherever you want, and despite its name, the Dark Priests only show up a couple of times. (In fact, I wondered why they were allowing me to wander at will through their territory). So glad the designers didn't clutter up the story with endless confrontations.

But those designers must have a sense of humor. Why else would they put a femur and a peacock in the same scene?

Dialogue wasn't a problem--there weren't any people to dialogue with. We're on our own here!

I did get a little tired of snakes, geckos, and centipedes.

I printed out the walkthrough and used it the first time I played, but after that I used it only for the puzzles (I am seriously puzzle-challenged). The walkthrough is designed to keep inventory items to a minumum, but the game is much more fun without it.

This game is a keeper. Enjoy!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 3, 10 8:56 AM
The walkthrough is designed to keep inventory items to a minumum

Because this game is nonlinear and players will do things in different orders, we wrote the walkthrough a little differently this time. It's designed to be a reference for the specific quest where someone is stuck. So each chapter is just one quest, which is why the inventory items shown are so few--they're only the ones you need for that particular quest.

I assumed that people would play the game in a very different sequence, and pick up a lot more items.

The idea was just that no matter what items you had or what tasks you'd completed, you'd be able to go to the walkthrough, find the place where you were stuck, work through that individual chapter, and then get going forward on your own again.

Robin

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 8:57:16 AM PST

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Dec 4, 10 5:47 PM
Wow I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The graphics were beautiful. I enjoyed the HOG games. They were just difficult enough and nothing was hidden in some black spot no one could see. I hate to admit it but I am often a puzzle skipper because I get to frustrated with some of them but I finished all these. Not because they were too easy but they were intriguing enough and had a fun premise to them so I wanted to solve it. Really pleased with this purchase!! Hope they come out with a sequel. This was a really well done game and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 5, 10 9:33 AM
I bought the game a short while ago but only now had the opportunity to play it. I have to say that I like this game the least. "Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff" and "Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff" were far better gameplay, IMO. Also, I don´t like the fact that there is no sound when I pick up an object from the H0 scenes. Feels wrong somehow.

Finally dragged myself back to the game to finish it. And what an ending... Halelulya? Isn´t this game from East Asian (Chinese?) developers?

Edited on 12/08/2010 at 6:05:14 AM PST

[Post New]by aratang on Dec 13, 10 8:56 PM
have tried/bought lots of games and this is definately one of the top10! Not too easy and not too hard - went to the hint 2x to finish the game. Well worth the cost!!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 15, 10 8:21 PM
great game, one of the best!

[Post New]by martinpugh on Dec 21, 10 1:20 AM
What a boring second rate game. I only played for a few minutes, but found it far too basic. Gathering map and mirror fragments, I would have expected some sort of puzzle, similar to many games where you have collected pieces of the "jigsaw" which you then re-arrange to complete the map/mirror, but no, you clicked on the fragments and then the map or mirror, and they just flew there producing the repaired item. What a let-down.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Dec 21, 10 7:09 AM
What a delightful and charming game! I played this for hours and hours and thoroughly enjoyed it! It has absolutely gorgeous visuals, with rich and vibrant colors that were a pleasant change from the more dark and eerie games. A lovely fantasy and quite an adventure, with new areas opening up in unexpected places! I was quickly immersed into the story, which develops very nicely as the game goes along, and enjoyed the new places to explore and new tasks to accomplish.

The soft lightning streaks were a new and pleasant way to show where a hidden object scene was and they were quite varied, changing from h.o.g. to f.r.o.g. to finding x number of items in a scene. I generally dislike frogs, but these were large enough to find and nearly always easy enough to see, not the teeny tiny ones that gave me grief. Most every new scene or area had something charming to click on - a rabbit that would eat a carrot, a cat that would meow at you, a snake or squirrel that would disappear, and they always made me smile.

The puzzles had some nice twists that were just a tad different than most, and all were solvable. I didn't have to come to the forums or consult the walkthrough, just took my time and figured out what I needed to do. It was easy enough to walk back through the different areas to find a new hidden object scene and acquire a new task without getting too lost. Don't know why I didn't look at this game when it first came out. This was one of those games that had me so wrapped up in it that I forgot the rest of the world existed for a few hours! Thanks BFG, for a great game!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 22, 10 7:34 AM
The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay has a variety of HOG and interactive HOG. There is a lot of going back and forth between the scenes. The storyline is well written and in depth. Truly enjoyable.

This game is an A+.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Dec 24, 10 3:03 PM
Another real beautiful game for me ......I loved it ,it is beautiful, clear long ,everything I love in a game ,I give it a 5

Go to: