Torches and 3 Doors

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Torches and 3 Doors

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 15, 08 12:00 PM
glowwind wrote:The middle door puzzle - I get the concept, but i only get part of the numbers. How do you get both numbers in each column to show? The machinery turns on when I turn on the switch, but still, only part of the numbers, so I can't do the addition and subtraction. How do I get all the numbers in both columns? (The strategy guide doesn't help.0
Look at the post right above yours and if you go to my photobucket, you will see a video that shows exactly what buttons to push to get all the numbers to light up. They toggle off and on counter-clockwise. If you follow the video, all the numbers will light up in pairs and it is easy to do the math.

Good luck!

Edited on 12/15/2008 at 12:00:26 PM PST

glowwind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Torches and 3 Doors

[Post New]by glowwind on Dec 15, 08 12:06 PM
WOW thanks!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 15, 08 6:27 PM
If you look back at page 10 of this topic you will see where I have posted instructions on how to find a video of how to work this puzzle. I think the video will give you the information you need to finish this puzzle. Good luck!

[Post New]by youwish on Dec 18, 08 3:23 PM
does any one know how to solve the typewriter puzzle. I have all the keys,but do not know what to type in. I have tried every thing. molly

[Post New]by PumaPeck on Dec 20, 08 9:10 PM
I haven't had a problem with the game, just moves right along. So I have to be a sea Anemone since I don't ask for help. Somethin' just not right about that.....

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 21, 08 5:41 PM
harleysmom1 wrote:Can any one please help me solve the phone puzzle. I can't seem to get all the lights lit up. I know there is a clear path, I have tried everything I can think of but I am completely stuck. I know I cannot move forward until I solve that and the furnace thing as well. Arg. And there is a basement in the school? Interesting. Must not be ready for that part yet.
Here is a link to the topic Toystore Workroom Telephone.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200/12814.page

There are answers for the Telephone puzzle in that topic.

Good luck and have fun!

reba42
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by reba42 on Dec 22, 08 12:56 AM
cesse47 wrote:If you fiddle around, you'll see numbers appearing in the boxes. They are the right numbers. There are lights above each equation. There is a dial that is color coded to match the lights and there are separate boxes for each light.
...Figure out the numbers for the top two boxes...then add them together. Take the answer and turn the dial to that color code and input using the keys. Repeat for each color coded equation.
...good Luck

I have fiddled around and lost the puzzle with the add/substract numbers. I got the marbles in right but still it does
not do ANYTHING. but now I can't even find the other puzzle. I am not sure what you are talking about when you
say 'the three doors'
thanks, any help is appreciated. I think I have the fastest clock in the world, it goes from 11;30 to 3;30 in 15
minutes.

ps; how do you get the happy face's to show up. mine just says 'whistle' *(ha)

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 22, 08 10:25 AM
The hallway with the torches and 3 doors is accessed through the basement. You have to solve the fireplace puzzle in the living room in order to get to the basement. In the hallway with the 3 doors, you can only work on the middle one for now.

If you haven't gone through that door and worked the HO puzzles, you can't have gotten the marbles for the door on the left yet.

Edited on 12/22/2008 at 10:27:40 AM PST

[Post New]by mcdanik on Dec 22, 08 1:50 PM
where is the red marble?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Torches and 3 Doors

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 22, 08 5:01 PM
Begoniabee wrote:
bfgErie wrote:When you first arrive, where to start is the first riddle.
Sometimes it's best just to start in the middle.
I'm totally loving this game! I only have one spot where I am stuck! UHG! I can't figure out what to do with the clue to the sign posted at the front gate. Yeah, I know, I'm like all over the place. I am this far though(torches and 3 doors) and think I'm missing some of the clues I need to go forward. Thanks a bunch!

The solution to that puzzle will be needed to access the bottom level of the elevator, but not until much later in the game. Keep track of what card suit (i.e., heart, club, spade or diamond) each puzzle answer goes with.

[Post New]by springmaid on Dec 24, 08 8:13 PM
i cannot get the last typewriter key..'R'..FOR THE 3RD DOOR..any help here?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 24, 08 9:54 PM
springmaid wrote:i cannot get the last typewriter key..'R'..FOR THE 3RD DOOR..any help here?

Did you release the twins from the room under the well? After you release them, you'll see a HO game in the display case of the toy store.

A video needs to play once their coffin rises. If it doesn't play, read the first post on this forum because some people are experiencing a glitch.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Dec 25, 08 11:37 PM
Puma,
Don't worry; everyone starts out as an anemone when they first post to the forums. You will move up quickly..............I am a lobster already! As you clinmb up the oceanic ladder, you will have to post more and more to reach the next level. You can answer other posts, or even create your own! It's fun! Happy BFGaming!
M

[Post New]by cab111 on Dec 27, 08 9:26 AM
Lorifish wrote:I have all that but the metal lever. I can't find anymore hidden object areas either. I am wandering aimlessly around... can anyone help? I thought the typewriter puzzle would be the key, but I can't figure that out either. Placed the V now what?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 27, 08 10:15 AM
cab111 wrote:
Lorifish wrote:I have all that but the metal lever. I can't find anymore hidden object areas either. I am wandering aimlessly around... can anyone help? I thought the typewriter puzzle would be the key, but I can't figure that out either. Placed the V now what?
Cab, welcome to the Fish Pond. Do you have a question? Are you stuck? Where are you and what do you have in inventory? We'll be glad to help.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 27, 08 10:17 AM
cab111 wrote:I have all that but the metal lever. I can't find anymore hidden object areas either. I am wandering aimlessly around... can anyone help? I thought the typewriter puzzle would be the key, but I can't figure that out either. Placed the V now what?
The metal lever for the elevator is in the Bathroom in the upstairs bedroom on the Beauty Parlor.

[Post New]by asgard2000 on Dec 29, 08 7:56 AM
I just can NOT locate that last 'r' typewriter key. I removed the game and installed it again, but I still have not found the twins coffin (have seen them twice...once at sandbox when I first entered their area, and the second sightingin the Play House hall.
This time, I have not foind the coin at any of the HO areas either, and I have even re-checked them.
Getting 'desperate' to locate that 'r' key and get behind the third door.

asgard2000

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 29, 08 10:55 AM
The twins' coffin is in a room at the bottom of the well. Click on the rope that you attached to the floor to take you down there. You'll need the matches when you get there. After you release them, you'll be able to find the R key in a HO game in the display case of the toy store.

You get the coin in the whack a troll game.

[Post New]by rosesroses on Dec 30, 08 7:38 AM
I am interested in playing this game where can I down load it from. Thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 30, 08 7:47 AM
rosesroses wrote:I am interested in playing this game where can I down load it from. Thanks

Hi rosesroses- welcome to the forums!

here is the link to the game page..

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4294/mystery-case-files-return-to-ravenhearst/index.html?src=frmtrygame

Go to: