Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by vpalagyi on Jan 4, 11 12:07 PM
[hi can any one tell me how to get the key for the door in theupstaires door i had the key from the pitcure but i can't fines it now to open the ofmarley and scrooge iam on number 3 present i am locked out can you help me thanks vpquote=bfgImbrium]Hey Fishies! What do you think of Twisted: A Haunted Carol? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Twisted: A Haunted Carol

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 9, 11 9:57 AM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is a mix of IHOG, HOG and adventure. Objects are clear and easy to see. The hints are unlimited and recharge. Although there is a penalty for too many wrong clicks. The storyline is a clever twist on the holiday classic. That said there is too much that you can't do.

This game is a B+.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 14, 11 1:41 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 29, 11 1:58 PM
The game was an interesting twist on the original DIckens tale. It turned out to be an enjoyable experience. Going through the various time periods added a creative,original look at the characters' lives and their chosen pathways. Graphics were true to the time periods. The first time through, I like to use the tutorial. Playing this game a second time, I'll try the more difficult option.

[Post New]by Dawneedo on Sep 15, 11 5:58 PM
Great game for new HOG players, very young (13 and up), or if you just want an easy, stress-free game. Enjoyed the game - not crazy about Scrooge killing Marley but the story line justifies it. Got through quicker than normal which made me think it would be a great introduction game for new players. Enjoy it new players!!

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Dec 10, 11 8:29 AM
A nice game. Good graphics and intriguing story, but way too short. Not a good value, even with DD pricing.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 10, 11 9:10 AM
Found this on a DD. Had dowloaded it before, but never purchased, not sure why, maybe I didn't think it was worth regular price. Anyway, I throughly enjoyed it this time around and did purchase it. A good deal I thought for $2.99. Never had problems with a "squiggly" curser unless I over clicked. HOGs were simple and fun which made the game run through the story smoothly. Enjoyed the story. No mini games for those who love mini games, but fun none-the-less.

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Dec 10, 11 11:07 AM
I played the demo on this last night & am so glad I didn't purchase it then since it's the DD today.

[Post New]by noneckfroggy on Dec 10, 11 3:08 PM
I wanted to demo this game, since there are so many mixed reviews. However, after downloading the trial, the game said your time is up! So, I guess this is a no buy for me right now. Been having so many issues with a lot of the games that I refuse to buy before I try. Happy Holidays all, and Merry gaming to you

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Dec 10, 11 3:15 PM
I liked this game. It was a good change of pace especially for Christmas.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 10, 11 9:26 PM
bessiegirl wrote:Found this on a DD. Had dowloaded it before, but never purchased, not sure why, maybe I didn't think it was worth regular price. Anyway, I throughly enjoyed it this time around and did purchase it. A good deal I thought for $2.99. Never had problems with a "squiggly" curser unless I over clicked. HOGs were simple and fun which made the game run through the story smoothly. Enjoyed the story. No mini games for those who love mini games, but fun none-the-less.

Ditto...i did the same...played the demo way back when...but didn't buy it...but now a bought for the DD price...can't go wrong plus i'll have another punch toward my 6 for this month.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Dec 10, 11 9:36 PM
I got this last year and really enjoyed it. May go back and play it again since it the holiday season. Enjoy!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Dec 12, 11 6:16 AM
Nice, enjoyable game for the entire family to play. Interesting storyline twist on the Dicken's classic! I think this game was exactly as the developer's planned it to be. It may have been a little too easy for us hard core Hidden/Object/puzzle/adventure gamers but i thoroughly enjoyed it and found it a great change of pace, especially for the Holidays. I wish there were more games like this for the Holidays and even some more based on the classics with even more challenging game play.

[Post New]by mdm0leota on Dec 17, 11 7:55 PM
It is a short game but a fun one. One small, minor, picky point, Scrooge LOSES his mind not LOOSES his mind! Spelling please!

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Jan 8, 12 1:52 PM
OK, here's my review of Twisted: A Haunted Carol:

Options: Not available to the player until AFTER you've started the game - weird! You have to pause or go back to Main Menu to find Options, which includes Sound, Music, Full Screen, Mute All. No game modes or difficulty levels available.

Graphics: Colors were good, but scenery seemed a little flat in detail.

Voices/Sounds/Music: No voice-overs, only text, which sometimes you had no control over how fast the text went by & other times you needed to click to continue. Sounds seemed a little strange in that you're looking up a deserted street, you're told in the text that it's deserted, but sounds indicate there are people everywhere with horses & carts going by constantly. Very confusing. Music was ok.

Minis/HOGs: This was a HOG lovers dream - one HOG right after another. The only mini was the Time Warp clock which you had to do over & over & over...

Game Overall: I'm not a fantastic & avid game player, so when I tell you that I was able to go thru an entire game in less than 3 1/2 hours without a single skip or cheat, then you have to know this was a simple game with NO challenges. Altho you can't go back to previous places without the help of ghosts, you're still running back & forth between the scenes you're working with, so get out the tennis shoes! Personally, I was disappointed with the lack of overseeing this game for details & other finishing touches before putting it out there on the market.

Recommendation: This is a great game for beginners or fishes who just want to sit back & relax with a short Christmas-y game.

Out of 5 stars, I give this game

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 9:09 AM
I bought this game because of the season, I like it, it was nice to play no too challenging, nice HOS and the story line is after all a classic, but with a twist.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jan 11, 12 6:59 AM
twisted but good
i liked it a lot
easy squeezy!

[Post New]by Kelika123 on May 23, 12 9:53 AM
I like these types of games, because of my medical problems I can't do the games with all the graphics moving in and out. I have run into a problem playing the game. Anyone else not getting their inventory items? It tells me I received them but they are not showing up in the inventory and I cannot continue the game without them.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 8, 12 8:24 AM
Review based upon completion of the game.

I got this in a bundle sale, and actually anything outside such a sale or a Daily Deal is overpaid. I have never read the Dickens book, but know it from TV adaption and the Muppets take. This version is, hm, interesting.

The Good:

+ dark take on the classic tale
+ items not placed back into HO scenes

The Neutral:

o graphics adequate at best (I mean this came out in 2010 and looks like 2001)
o game is very, not to say too easy, especially the mini puzzles

The Bad:

- game is short, can be solved in about 90 minutes
- hint system mostly useless outside of HO scenes
- some items minuscule
- for the longest time you are only searching keys

Bottom Line: Buy it for the storyline, but wait until you get it cheap.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Dec 21, 12 7:26 AM
Really short and really easy

Oh dear. I thought it might be an interesting game due to story. I was looking forward to a story that resembled the book. This game was so easy and due to the slightly scary ghost and how it was done, I wouldn't even say it would appeal to children.

The only good thing I could say about the game apart from the decent graphics is the HOS weren't junk piles.

So what's not good about it? -

- About 2hrs 15mins long
-No voiceovers
-No choice of gameplay
-Random click penalty on HOS
-Repeating HOS and they were in a smaller box
-Easiness of this game was unreal, I couldn't even say the HOS were hard. The puzzles were so mind numbingly simple, adventure so straightforward.
-repeating of one puzzle (rotate rings)

29 HIdden object scenes (roughly)

This is more of a HOG as there are loads of HOS in a short period of time.
Random click penalty. Repeat a couple of scenes 3 times, some others twice. I don't remember any tiny items. All list type non interactive.

13 Puzzles

Of which about 9 of these are the exact same puzzle
- same graphics everything. It's the one where the ball goes in the clock - rotating rings one.
The other puzzles were 2 jigsaws, and the most basic arithmetic, and a really simple rotate circles.

There weren't that many different scenes and you go back and forth between them.
Nothing got me re this game, either the plot which so missed a huge opportunity to be more like the book and even well written. It was so easy and that is just so boring for me. It plays like a straightish HOG which can be OK if it's fun or interesting or different and I do love Christmas games.

Don't even recommend it as a DD, which thankfully that's all I paid for it.

Go to: