lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Jan 9, 11 10:33 AM
what a wonderful little game. Beautiful graphics, tons of puzzels, just lots going on. It has taken me hours to finish it and loved every minute of it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 9, 11 1:02 PM
I think I would have liked the game demo more if there were more music changes - the pleasant music seemed less so by the 1000th loop...

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jan 10, 11 3:46 AM

What an absolute corker of a game, downloaded on sat while hubby watching the football, and fell in love with it, brought it straiht away, loved the puzzles only skipped 2, took me nearly 6 hours of gameplay, but who cares whiled away sat and yesterday afternoons.

After Sherlock and Greenhils Sanitorian, Phantom of the Opera, this was a easy going relaxing change.

5 out of 5 from me, and going to give Dreamless Castle ago next w/e

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jan 11, 11 7:55 AM
Fabulous game. Just finished it at five minutes under 7 hours. Brilliant value for money and I haven't started on the extra Tri-peaks games. Can't wait for next instalment. Can't find anything to criticise. 5 from me.

abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by abuscher on Jan 11, 11 6:14 PM
Moonfell wood is too cool for words. Don't want it to end.

[Post New]by LilDibs on Jan 11, 11 7:31 PM
I loved this game! I would highly recommend it!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Jan 11, 11 8:56 PM
One of the best games I've played. It's not only beautiful, but the puzzles are not ridiculously hard and there is a good length to the game. IMHO, it's one of the longer HOGs I've ever played.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jan 12, 11 11:19 AM
I loved this game. Great graphics, great puzzles. Not too many hidden object scenes, but that's fine. Usually I'm not much of a puzzler, but these were really fun. The storyline was entertaining, also. It was definitely worth the purchase.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jan 12, 11 12:14 PM
I just finished the game (Mac version). When I played the demo I thought it would be a little juvenile for me but perfect for my 11 yr old granddaughter. so I did buy it. I sure am glad I did. I like puzzles and this game has a lot of really good ones. The graphics are excellent and the music soothing. This has to be among the top games I've played - Return to Ravenworth, The VOID, just to name a couple.

N.B. I enjoyed Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ too, It was like a return to my youth to enjoy the fairy tale once again. It took me 6 1/2 hours to get through this one, my 11 yr old granddaughter played it on Christmas Day, and finished it in 4 1/2 hr. .... I think she must have skipped some of he puzzles though, but in the time I was watching her she didn't skip a thing and very seldom used the help.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 12, 11 12:30 PM
This game is absolutely BRILLIANT ..LOVED every minute of game play, and its made it to my top favorite games to play, list!!!
The art work and graphics are a FEAST, for the eye's, just BEAUTIFUL, it took me to a fantasy world, that I never wanted to leave.
Interesting and engaging story, I was completely absorbed, and felt like I was really in this mystical, far away land, with all of its WONDERFUL creatures !!
LOVED the pocket dragon, Soooo CUTE, and a very helpful little buddy to have, wish I could have kept him .
You know the developers have done their jobs well, when you are literally drawn into the game, like your right there, I felt like I was climbing up that root tree.
The sheer talent that went into making this game, really impressed me, very imaginative and creative.
With every new challenge, my facination grew, and I couldn't wait, to see what was coming next, the flow of the game was just perfection, and the music suited this game perfect as well.
I must admit, usually I am one that loves a lot of H0 scenes, but didn't miss them a bit, the mini games and puzzles this game offered, where spot on, and I just loved each and every one, that is saying a lot, for me anyway !
This game just left me breathless, the visuals are positively STUNNING, and the WHIMSICAL atmosphere was done to PERFECTION, I give this game ..stars and a HUGE !!
It was like it was made, just for me, there was nothing I disliked, and I just had a BLAST playing it...Soooo FUN !!
Developers listen up, you all are the SCHIZZNIT, this game was pure perfection, so job well done !!
THANK you so much for all of the hard work and effort, you put into this game, as someone who loves computer games, you hit it out of the park for me, on this one.
THANKS also, for making it a long game, this is where so many developers fail, not only is this a great game, it has a great length, so again PERFECT.
Well worth every cent, and than some, I will be purchasing every game, you make, so PLEASE, keep them coming !!
Did I say this game was done to perfection...lol, sorry got a little carried away, but I am just so passionate, when I find an awesome game !!

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 12:38:25 PM PST

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jan 13, 11 2:44 AM
What quarlesqueen said! I loved this game, and it had such a light-hearted, uplifting atmosphere. Finished it tonight; it took me 11 hours, which is probably at least twice as long as it would take most fishies. I play very slowly. Used a lot of hints, though I played the casual version. More like this, please!

[Post New]by Nighting on Jan 13, 11 11:43 AM
A beautiful looking game. With all the ripples in the water and movement in each scene. Makes a difference for sure when playing. One knows that the developers put some effort in it. Story wise it is interesting to continue on the journey of our main protagonist where she left us in the previous game. But here is the thing. Too many repetitive puzzles. Yes I love puzzles but when I have to do another "Slide, turn and place the jigsaw piece" puzzle for the 10th time in the same game it gets a bit lame. Fortunately the skip button recharges very quickly. Either way it's still an enjoyable journey. It also have a great hint system that provides help and information along the way so having to leave the game for a walk-through is unnecessary. For those who enjoyed the previous installment, as well as those who love enchanting/fairy/mystical games this one should not be missed. I'm happy with my purchase and can't wait for the next one.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Jan 13, 11 11:34 PM
i thought this game had wonderful graphics and scenery. It starts off easy then gets more challenging. I found the puzzles challenging and used the SKIP option alot. It is like being in a fantasy world. I would highly recommend this game.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Jan 14, 11 6:00 AM
Just Loving It .... good job developers.... Liked very much all the puzzles and waiting for some more.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Jan 16, 11 8:20 AM
Lately, I just haven't been playing as many games as I usually do. Couldn't put my finger on why... figured I've just been busy, other stuff going on, blah blah. I was thinking of downloading this game, but hadn't because I was just feeling sort of apathetic toward games in general...
But I am SO glad I did!! It is such a nice change from the dark, creepy games of late (I love those, but think I'd gotten burned out, frankly). Pretty scenery, bright colors, a fantasy land that makes me anxious to see what scene is next, but it isn't "silly" or "juvenile." It is the first game I've been truly excited about since 13th Skull came out. For me, personally, this game is the breath of fresh air I have been needing.

deporodh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Finally, a game with enough meat to it!

[Post New]by deporodh on Jan 17, 11 4:05 PM
I am thoroughly impressed with this game. In every way.

First off, it gave me absolutely NO trouble loading or operating on my Mac. Far too many games suffer from the quick-port problem where they tell you to "right-click to rotate puzzle pieces", and unless one has bought a multi-button mouse for your Mac, one has NO right button. (The standard Mac function for right-clicking has been option+click for 20 years, but none of these PC-headed developers can be bothered to know that.) So kudos to the BoomZap developers for making this right. (The previous Awakening game, the Dreamless Castle, was not quite so kind to Macs, although still excellent.)

Next, the art work throughout is simply stellar. Clear, visually engaging, functional, and plain fun to look at. Hidden object scenes do not descend to the trick of hiding things in dark corners, but use quality visual distractions and "under your nose" effects to hide objects in plain sight. More about the art work will come through in passing.

Ultimately playable! Moonfell Wood offers the player a good mix of puzzles, puzzle types, hidden-object scenes, and such, without condescending to the player by making items obvious OR making necessary objects (for example, things you need to pick up) tiny or nearly invisible. The objects a player needs to pick up look as if they are a part of the scene (more kudos to the artists!) and equally look like what they're supposed to be.

More about the playability: I'm a frequent gamer of individual games, and this is the first game where I *never* had to resort to the walkthrough to resolve something. A little careful hunting around, sometimes leaning on the fairy for non-hints ("There is nothing for you to do here now"). This game offers many, many puzzles of the larger adventure type, as in where to go and how to accomplish an objective of a multiple-task nature. And it's possible to figure them all out from within the game.

I bought this game mostly because of the art work and in hopes that it would be better than that Kingdom of Seven Seals (which I couldn't make work even with the walkthrough), and it was like going from dingy rhinestones to the Hope Diamond.

Cannot rave enough.

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Jan 17, 11 5:13 PM
Help!! I've gotten to what I think is the end of the game. The Griffin has the card in his beak and the game froze.
Any tricks to get this moving again?

[Post New]by Frannie5 on Jan 18, 11 3:08 PM
This second addition is just as good as number one! Loved it. Plenty of hidden objects and lots of puzzles. Great graphics.

[Post New]by Frannie5 on Jan 18, 11 3:09 PM
Just exit the game and start again. Give the griffin the lizards.

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Jan 19, 11 3:47 PM
jesterwitch wrote:Help!! I've gotten to what I think is the end of the game. The Griffin has the card in his beak and the game froze.
Any tricks to get this moving again?

This happened to me too. And the first time I re-started the game, I still didn't have anything working.

I re-started the game 3 or 4 times and then it started working fine again (all i had to do then was grab the card from the Griffin's beak).

I hope yours works out as well.

Go to: