Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 18, 12 12:20 PM
For some reason, this game wouldn't play on my pc when it first came out. Since I needed to replace my graphics card a couple of months ago, I decided to try it again.

I'm so glad I did. What a unique and challenging game! The h.o. scenes took some real searching and the story was very unique. Loved the graphics, music, and background sounds. A fun and challenging game!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 22, 12 2:50 PM
Not sure why I bought this game...must have been a DD or something. Not enjoying it. Only time the hint button works is during the HOS, otherwise you are on your own running around and trying to figure out what to do. There is a task button, but unless you can figure out how to do the task, you aren't going to go anywhere....I'm afraid I've frustrated myself to the limit with this game....too many robots and nowhere to go. So in the trash it goes and out the window goes my $$$. Maybe a 1

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Mar 29, 12 8:27 AM

I'm on the "Boy, this is a boring game team" with this one. I came out to the forum thinking it has to be me. The game can't be that bad...but many other fish in the pond agree. It's bad.
Don't go by our opinion because I see there are a lot of folks out there who enjoyed the game.
I didn't last the Demo. In fact, I was eager to toss this one in the provided trash bin.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Mar 30, 12 7:43 PM
Well, I finished this game last night, and I did enjoy it. I did have to refer to the walkthrough several times to figure out where to go/what to do next. It seems the trick is to remember to go back to places you have already been, and you will find another hidden object scene, which will give you something you need in order to progress. Sometimes that doesn't work until you have completed certain actions.

I found the ending rather abrupt and surprising, but it seems there will be a sequel, so I'm looking forward to it. I didn't buy the game until this week, and I gather it has been out a while, so maybe the sequel will come along soon.

The game was quite long, and had several different "worlds", so it was very diverse. Graphics good, music fine; sometimes the h.o.'s are quite small and/or dark. My old eyes can't see them sometimes, even with a hint.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 18, 12 8:10 PM
(Based on as much as the demo as I could stand): Not interesting, not my cup of tea. I had to use the HINT BUTTON waaay too much on the one HOS I completed; I guess my eyes just aren't so good anymore. Even after getting a hint I couldn't find some items!

The story is the usual. But why did I lock myself in my own room? And why did it take me four tries to open the door with the key? It seems that one has to place the key exactly in a tiny area to get it to work. Why did I have a fake moustache in my room? I seem to have some serious problems here.

The HINT BUTTON recharges fairly quickly, so that is good, but not good enough to save this game.

For those who like it, I am very happy for you.

I give it two out of five kitties:

Go to: