mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 25, 11 9:29 AM
Great news, Barb ---- thanks for taking the trouble to persist with this issue and to share this info with us. I do hope a new build arrives soon.

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on Apr 25, 11 8:06 PM
I would like to request a game credi for the Chronicals of Mystery: Tree of Life and Scorpio Rituals. I just can not handle the the glitches and horrible slow pace of these games. I like HOGs not adventure games, I eveidently missunderstood wat they were. Thank you.

[Post New]by blueraiderfan10 on Apr 29, 11 12:37 PM
I do like adventure games a lot but with the problems with this one...I am beginning to wonder. Any news on the updates for this game? I am also having Direct X issues with not updating/downloading when I download certain games lately...Any ideas on a fix. Thank you.

[Post New]by Redhead47 on May 3, 11 6:05 AM
barviv wrote:Very disappointing! It started out like a really cool game, but once I bought the full version, it had a ton of glitches. OK, so everyone says you have to start from the beginning again, that's a bummer! After reading some of the other comments, it doesn't look like the glitches get any better. I think I'll just delete it and maybe try again when I'm really bored with nothing better to do.
I would be ticked about loosing my money for this game, but I love the BG Fishy I received for my anniversary!! I'll call this one even!
On to a HOG. Good luck everybody.

I am really angry - had loads of bugs already and have to keep on going back and starting again! Oh and where is my anniversary fish????? One of the girls at work got one and I see some people on here did but I never got one!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like a refund for this game please - its a complete waste of my money!!!!

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 6:07:19 AM PST

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on May 4, 11 4:06 PM
This is my second attempt to resolve my issues with both the chronicles I purchased. I would like my money back. The tech issues r driving me nuts. The cursor floats around on the page when I try to move it until I'm sea sick. I can't get out of the game if I pick up something from the inventory and then don't use it, cause it will not let me release the inventory item. I have to shut down my PC through esc.
This is not a puzzle/hidden item game either. Its an adventure game. I hated nostradomus after I got it because it made absolutly no sense. you could not figure it out without the walkthrough which is no fun. And this game is very similar.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 4, 11 4:16 PM
Hey Redhead47 and meanymouse,

It sounds like you're having some troubles with playing the game. Please make sure that upon installation, that you accept the DirectX installer as it is necessary for the game to run properly. If you've done this and are still having issues, please feel free to take a look at our Help Pages.

If the troubleshooting steps outlined in our help articles do not help, please then get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be able to further assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by jem702001 on May 12, 11 4:27 PM
I can not leave the Palazzo. I have done everything required, and have been told to run by the Count. However, I am unable to board the gondolla. This has happened several times. Apparently this has happened to many people. Fix this Please!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on May 12, 11 5:38 PM
jem702001 wrote:I can not leave the Palazzo. I have done everything required, and have been told to run by the Count. However, I am unable to board the gondolla. This has happened several times. Apparently this has happened to many people. Fix this Please!

Did you try talking to the Count again? He does talk a lot and tells you to run in more than 1 of his long "talks". You have to hear it a 2nd time before you leave. When everything is done so you can leave, there is a cut-scene. You do not go back and get on the gondola.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 22, 11 10:33 AM
Hey Fishies!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we've released a new build for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life that fixes various progression blocks throughout the game.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Please advise: for the updates to take effect, you'll need to start over with a new player profile.

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

Also, I'm going to lock this thread up so that we can start monitoring tech issues specific to the new build. If you have any unresolved issues, please feel free to post in the new tech thread.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Go to: