Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's

[Post New]by fairieverte on Feb 3, 11 5:47 PM
LizzieK wrote:This game has the worst voice acting that I have ever heard in a game. Have you ever seen a demo of the Kindle voice reader? The dialogue in the game is pronounced the same way. It’s like hearing a computer read, especially when the gypsy talks.

And why does her chest heave with each word? The same thing happens when we talk to the little girl’s mother later in the game. The heaving chest is so unrealistic and sort of bizarre. It seems like a bunch of teenage boys put that in the game as some kind of tasteless joke.

I agree, the voice is bad, but if you notice the guys have "heaving chests" as well.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 5:48:51 PM PST

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Editi

[Post New]by FeyKina on Feb 4, 11 1:04 AM
Love it , no surprise. very well done, fine music and graphics. Everthing one wants in a Hog!
(Except one thing that really annoyed us - the voice over for the fortuneteller, did I denote a Texas accent in the word "wof"?)
All in all big thumbs form us!

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Editi

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Feb 4, 11 7:33 AM
love it!!!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Feb 4, 11 8:19 AM
Having played this and completed can say that this is not up to the standard
of the other ERS GAME STUDIO titles,And the ending what is that all about ???
looks like they could not be bothered to complete the game.I think ERS has to sit back
and have a rethink and come up with something new and refreshing just like their
first batch of titles instead of churning out titles on the back of their previous success
Overall hugely disappionted by this

tuezdaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by tuezdaye on Feb 4, 11 2:57 PM
I liked the game, didn't love it but liked it quite a bit. The plot did not really live up to number of steps needed to fulfill a task, meaning you go through a LOT to get to sort of an anticlimactic result. Would have been better if the wolf ended up being a real werewolf on the side of good and helped catch the perp..........

.......and the incredibly irritating "gypsy", in gothic Europe with the Alabama accent and reading skills of a 4th grader, got left in the cell under forced acting lessons for about 12 years. Developers: I don't care how badly your sister wants to break into voice overs and needs a job desperately, this isn't the way to help her.

Disclaimer: A southern accent is charming, if the setting is actually the south.

Having said that, the graphics and artwork were great, the music was non-invasive and pleasant, the mini-games were interesting. Overall I'd give it a 7.

(that gypsy takes a full point off. i still can't get over just HOW irritating she was)

Xen33
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Xen33 on Feb 4, 11 9:48 PM
Just like to say how fabulous this game is I have played both the game and the extra - which by the way was really good. Great graphics, surprises, some good mini-games, the only thing I got bored with were the increasing ****'s it would have been perfect with more minigames. I loved this game and agree with another comment on how good the ERS games are.

Dare I try "Stroke of Midnight" again hoping for extreme changes. The game so far after - I don't know 6 - 8 downloads, has been unplayable. Has anything been done about it?

Maybe I will try just once more and that will be it for me.

It is enticing because of the artwork which looks superb just can't play the game at all.

Come on Big Fish, more like Phantasmat, and Shadow Wolf Mysteries, Puppet Show was great as well, really superior games.

Thank you,
Xen33

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Feb 5, 11 2:57 AM
So far, although I like this game... I am very disappointed in the strategy guide, especially considering it is a CE. I know it is a "strategy guide," not a "walk through," however it is not very useful in some of the most critical areas, therefore can be a little frustrating. It gives you specifics with the easy stuff (acts like a walk through when it is easy and don't need it), which you won't really need and can figure out for yourself, but doesn't give you much information on the harder areas, it just skims over them saying "solve... blah blah blah (suddenly becomes a strategy guide or rather a basic game guide when it might actually be needed)." Considering the cost I think the strategy guide could have been done a lot better... even if not offering the solutions, they could have given basic hints, clues etc.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edit

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Feb 5, 11 8:39 AM
Well I beat the game… and I got to say… overall… I am very disappointed. Although the game definitely has some momentary appeal, it fizzles.

Graphics – 4 out of 5, I would have given it a 5 if not for the static and glitches that caused graphics at times to blink. I don’t remember the demo having that problem, so I wonder… there was an update… and I am not really sure if it made it better or worse.

Story – 3 out of 5, overall this disappointed me the most. There was so much potential to make this a really great game… with a gripping… surreal… werewolf theme… they should have stuck to the super natural… rather then tying up loose ends with some strange plot that had little to no flow. The wolves… or werewolf should have been the star… rather he felt like a side character… less important… random and rarely seen.

Music – 4 out of 5, the background music during the HOGs was pretty good, subtle but again there were a few glitches, technical issues… and at some points in the game the music lost its appeal, like it was thrown together at some points.

Voices – 3 out of 5, the voice of Madlen was awful! I just don’t understand why anyone would invest so much time and money… and then find that to be a suitable, appropriate voice for a character. Again… it was just another point in the game where it seemed as though someone… somewhere… didn’t care as much and threw it together last minute. I just don’t see how it got past the testing… and everyone agreed that it was anything but irritating and out of place.

HOGs / Puzzles – 5 out of 5, this was the better feature in the game. The HOGs and puzzles were challenging enough to enjoy, but not over the top… it is really based on the players own skill level, likes and dislikes.

Bonus Content – 3 out of 5, they just missed so much potential by not featuring the wolf, wolves, werewolf storyline and overall theme. I don’t see how the “bonus story” could even be considered bonus… it is essential to the story… and I can’t imagine anyone having the nerve to sell a version without it! I am not sure if there is a basic version… but if they are saying you have to buy a collectors edition just to wrap up the story, well that would be nothing less than a total rip off.

Overall I give it a high 3 out of 5, based on the storyline… they didn’t let the wolf be the star, Madlen’s voice… it was terrible… and the technical issues… which weren’t even seen in the demo… I think this game could use a few more updates...

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 8:44:31 AM PST

loontje
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by loontje on Feb 6, 11 8:06 AM
I liked the artwork in general. The animation they did with the characters was very impressive, it's lip synched and everything. Without giving anything away I also liked the story and the ending (it's not an open ending but a real conclusion). I have to agree with ms_mamiller that the voice actress who voiced Madlen could've done a better job. She sounds very forced and unnatural. This game missed some opportunities and that keeps it from being truly great.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Feb 6, 11 10:22 AM
Not a great deal to add to the excellent reviews, but I thought it was a beautiful game with a couple of flaws. Great technical execution with animation in the scenes, and characters that actually did look as if they were speaking. Lovely music. Glad I bought the CE, and I'd do it again.

The flaws - insufficient character development with respect to the fellow on the wanted poster, for one. We got that and a letter complaining that his family was being framed. That's all. Missed opportunity there. The ending felt a bit hurried - the player is supposed to discover the solution, not be told it.

Voice acting - the good: the inspector, believable and not overdone. The bad: well, I didn't know they had gypsies in Atlanta. She sounded like a refugee from 13th Skull. Painful to listen to.

Overall four fins of five. This is a great studio.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Feb 6, 11 12:28 PM
Just one comment before I try this game out.
It does not bother me at all that the SG is not included in the demo.
I mean, we know it's going to be very helpful already. If you have played these games before then you know what they are like. Very helpful.
Also, if I have any problems, there is so much help in the Forum.
Well, off to try. Will probably buy.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Feb 6, 11 5:48 PM
Just finished the game after playing off and on since yesterday afternoon. I loved the graphics and storyline. Ending could've had a little more punch. I referred to the strategy guide twice as I got stuck on a couple of "simple" things(I realized after I went to the guide). Objects were not difficult to fine and I didn't have to travel too many scenes before using an Inventory item. Voices did not bother me neither did the heaving of the chest. I buy the CE mainly for the bonus content not the other extra stuff. I will never use the music, wallpaper or screensaver. The bonus content was not very long but did shed a little light on the ending of the regular game.

Overall, I did enjoy playing it and will play it again one day.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Feb 7, 11 3:00 AM
Fair Dinkum!! (That's Australian for WOW!!) These developers are awesome! Well done guys - once again. Yep the last scene could have been more dramatic - agree with Jadakiss2000, but the scenes are gorgeous. Sorry there wasn't more from the wolf. (I love wolves) - and was preparing to jump every now and then maybe with a shock wolf appearance, but it didn't happen. Still - that's minor compared with the enjoyment level overall.
Great Aussie accent as Gerard too - I've heard his voice a few times now. Keep up the great work - we love it.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Feb 8, 11 8:55 PM
What a great game! Just right all the way, good graphics, cool puzzles, even decent music. One of the best ever; glad I bought the CE!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Feb 9, 11 12:53 PM
Another slow jerky lagging game. Why do they put out these games before they are ready. Will wait for the bugs to be fixed before trying again.

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Editio

[Post New]by geroge1 on Feb 9, 11 4:11 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread for your comments and reviews; thanks again for creating it!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/140294.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition

[Post New]by geroge1 on Feb 9, 11 4:15 PM
CasualGran wrote:Well, go ahead fishies!
one of the best game i've played in a while. deffinately recommend it.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Feb 9, 11 7:59 PM
Loved this. There's a ton of reviews already here. I'm just going to add that if you like to follow storylines (I can't be the only one), you really need to play the Collector's Edition to get the proper ending to the story. I thought it was great, and I wouldn't mind a sequel - we never really found out much about one key character (trying not to be spoilerish).

HOGger
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edit

[Post New]by HOGger on Feb 10, 11 6:13 PM
CasualGran wrote:Goofy, really, a great review! Personally I think you're one of the, if not THE best reviewer we have around here! You cover up pretty much everything that's important to know for potentional players, and you seldom miss a detail. I read your reviews with pleasure. I comment more in general, only now and then I feel like elaborating some more.

Keep up the good review work and Happy Gaming!

Yup, totally agree with you, Gran! I love Goofy's reviews.... and yours!!
Thank you both for making my life so much easier!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Feb 10, 11 8:50 PM
I'm really enjoying the game! the hidden object stuff is fine, but I like a game where there are other things to do, like finding inventory items to use to discover clues, etc. Alot of games seem to be pretty much *just* hidden objects. And I always like a good werewolf/vampire/ghost story! This one is a bit easy, but that's okay. Someone mentioned one of the voices. Well, I have to say that whoever hired the girl who voices the gypsy really messed up. I mean, really??? She sounds like an 18-yr-old girl from South Carolina. Bad casting there.

Go to: