culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by culady on Feb 16, 11 6:17 PM
Smallhaven said it! An absolutely delightful game. I will not forget it by the time part 2 gets here.

[Post New]by cankles on Feb 17, 11 12:56 AM
Yes! Excellent game. The atmosphere was terrific. I liked the character and personality of this game. Different than anything else i have played. Geared more towards women and a bit more adult, which i liked. This is now one of my tops along with 13th skull. I really can't wait for the next one. I think they have a winner with this series. I give it a strong 4 stars out of 5 compared with13th skull being a strong 5.

[Post New]by helphelphelp on Feb 17, 11 1:18 AM
Have just completed the game and must say it is one of the most amusing and interesting that I have played. Just very disappointed that it's only half a game. Next instalment should be half price to those that have already bought this one.

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Feb 17, 11 4:14 AM
Great game! Played for five minutes and bought it. Can't wait for the second half, I will own that one as well!

[Post New]by pinchy_wayne on Feb 17, 11 5:58 AM
Actually liked this one (i.e. character, music, etc.... ), just wish it was a little longer

Half a story for a full credit.

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Feb 17, 11 6:53 AM
This game is ok. I don't like the animation flow. The drawings are good but I don't like the stop motion jerky movement of the scenes. The voice actors a good and the music is great. The feel is like True Blood a bit but really has little in common with it besides Vampires and True Blood. One could say it was a Twilight game just as easy. I don't like getting half of the story for my full credit. Waste of a credit.
Don't get this game unless they give you all the story. Very short in game play and the other puzzles hold little challenge for HOG fans. Not as much of a disappointment as 13th skull at least.

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 6:55:58 AM PST

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Feb 17, 11 9:17 AM
Sheesh! I can't understand all this whining about how short this game is. I played for two days. And all the whining about getting only half a story. Look at it like you got 4 stories for the price of one. This is my second posting on this game.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Feb 17, 11 10:44 AM
These sort of games are generally right up my alley, but something was off with this one. It just didn't grab me at all. The gameplay itself is fine. IHOGs are my favorite kind of games. I also love dark games of all kinds. Ghosts, witches, serial killers, vampires, you name it, I'm there. This one didn't do a thing for me, though, and the main reason is because I absolutely HATED the girl. I hated her so much, it totally ruined the game for me. I tried muting the voices, so I didn't have to listen to her annoying voice and incredibly idiotic comments on everything, but I still had to read her inane crap. It got so bad, I simply did the only thing left for me to do and uninstalled the game in the middle of episode 3. I don't even know how I lasted this long. I really don't understand why I hated this girl so much. I normally like snarky, quirky characters, but there was just something about her that made me wish I didn't share a gender with her.

[Post New]by Kamberley on Feb 17, 11 12:53 PM
I LOVED it! I have played it twice now and I never do that. I don't feel cheated about the ending or the length of the game. You want a bad non ending and a short game go play Trapped: The Abduction.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 17, 11 2:21 PM
What a treat! After several moody, broody, dark, dreary vampire sagas (except, maybe for Vampireville), we've got one that injects light-heartedness into the netherworld! As several astute reviewers have already said, the intro song and screen are more than enough to get you hooked! I was a bit disappointed at first about no cursor choice, but our heroine Dahlia's perfectly-manicured finger-pointing hand does just fine. And it morphs into different icons depending on the task at hand (magnifying glass, directional arrow, etc.).

The graphics are superb, the hidden-object scenes are crisp and directly related to the story (and they sometimes include integrated mini-games, which don't necessarily further the plot, but are just fun.). The voice acting is some of the best I've ever heard; the dialogue seems to fit just right, without being too wordy.

This is, to me, an Adventure/HOG/IHOG in the truest sense. Some back-and-forth, but not too much. Game length? I can only guess, having enjoyed the first go-round (episode?) in a little over an hour. I understand that some folks are dismayed at the length and the ending. Oh well--got a bunch more to go, and I plan to enjoy every minute!

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 2:23:05 PM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 17, 11 7:18 PM
I Do mean Settlement Colossus . Sorry about that
ember89 wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:
theoldbag wrote: That's what I like about Big Fish - variety. Now you can moan and groan at me because I liked Colossal and still play it when I need a slow pace after a dark game.and loved Great Gatsby too. Now you see why I pass at this one.

Those are two of my favorites, I've probably played Settlement: Colossus (is that the one you mean?) about 6 times, it's addicting. Try Wandering Willows, that's a very long and relaxed game.

willows was terrific... also try little folk of faerie

have to admit that i pretty much thought that i wouldn't like it, either... after playing it, though, i have to admit that the game has its good qualities - the interactive map, the variety of 'trophies' to be earned, the crazy mini-games, the quirks added to the scattered hidden object scenes, and odd little characters [the pickle barrel-garlic pizza guy ]

but... i didn't quite feel entirely drawn in... then when i saw the progress i had made versus the remainder of the game when looking at the walkthrough [i like to check out the length before i make my final decision] i worried that i had already torn up half the game and hadn't had a WOW! moment yet... so...

i think i will be passing on this too... sorry, charlaine - maybe we'll meet again under the DD ...

[Post New]by Vixencurse on Feb 17, 11 7:44 PM
canadianyay wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but guys, come on, how long must I wait for the next episodes??

Yes!, fine swine indeed! But nobody seems to notice that it says PART 1 on the menu screen

Rather than it saying part 1 on the menu screen, it should identify this prior to downloading or purchasing the game.. disappointing for those who purchased before trialling, then only getting 1/2 a game

I loved it and will play part 2 but I'm very very disappointed that it wasn't all in one

[Post New]by blugem on Feb 18, 11 7:08 AM
Not a bad game but it was too short... every episode only last around 15 minutes or so for me.. really wished that the game was longer and a bit harder.. it's quite easy to solve without using any hint or walkthrough..

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 7:22:09 AM PST

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Feb 18, 11 11:27 AM
Loved this game well worth every penny. Looking forward to the sequel.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 1:07 PM
blugem wrote:Not a bad game but it was too short... every episode only last around 15 minutes or so for me.. really wished that the game was longer and a bit harder.. it's quite easy to solve without using any hint or walkthrough..

Did you even listen to the story? Just listening to the dialogue would take more than 15 min per episode. I agree it is an easy game -- but so much fun!!!!

[Post New]by musiclady1231 on Feb 18, 11 7:14 PM
When does the sequel come out? I wanted to play some more.

[Post New]by iduddit on Feb 18, 11 11:10 PM
I liked it. Good graphics but story line seemed to drop at the end- the game only felt like it was 1/2 over. Would've been better if story line was complete with lesser graphics. If there is another part of the game- it should have been posted clearly

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 11:12:10 PM PST

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Feb 19, 11 9:11 AM
RedSox4evr wrote:Well, of course the game was different and overall excellent....my only concern is how long the sequel takes to make its appearance...if it's not soon, I may well have forgotten what the story is about. Just about the same as reading a book, and laying it down for 6 months....ya don't wanna do that!

I agree. I hope it isn't too long in the making. I just finished this one and am ready to continue before I forget too much.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Feb 19, 11 10:26 AM
I liked the game enough to buy it on sale. It was very different and creative (who can pass up singing pigs?) That's why I forgave this game a few annoying issues.

Each chapter seemed to be a one-puzzle-task. I kept thinking of all the adventure HOGs that threw everything they had into one, long, challenging multi-layered story and this wasn't one of them. This was "cute", which is fine. I really want the bracelets the Vampire Chick ended up with. Very nice graphics. Clowns really freak me out, badly, so that was a plus. That said:

Things that got on my nerves big time: 1} No way to turn off the dialogue so you didn't have to click through endless screens of aforementioned snarky repartee. I might be one of the rare ones who couldn't care less about one word any character ever has to say, ever, but in some cases I'll fast forward through it anyway. Just when I was getting into the game, what I had to do and formulating a plan, up would come a scene with some idiotic banter and ruin the flow. When there is a Book of Whatnot that's going to have a copy of it anyway, then it annoys me. It seems to slam the game to a halt.

2} There were several places where I could have picked up an item or should have been able to since I was *right there* but the game had a set 'flow' to it; you didn't end up with a ton of things and were trying to figure out what and how to do with them (which I like better) You'd literally be 1 page-clicks away from it, go back and voil! You'd then see it after extra running-in-a-circle. I would have liked it better as one long game that smoothly went onward, no "chapter" and loading pauses.

3} Way too much hand holding. I really hate clicking on a locked door only to be told "The door is locked, I need a key" or the moment you find a task - "You have to get the boat down". Oh ok, thanks for ruining the whole point of the chapter. If you're in it for the story, then it certainly did give you a lot of story.

4} It'd be nice if the instructions on the puzzles were left on the screen- you only get to read it once as the puzzle pulls up. If you want to refer to them, tough luck, the directions are gone.
I allmoosssttt stopped playing about 1/2 way through because I got so fed up with it being so slow and yappy, but all in all it was entertaining. I agreed with the character- that parrot was really asking for it, and not in a good way. And I really want those bracelets.

[Post New]by adventure777 on Feb 19, 11 11:44 AM
I love the concept, being a fan of Sookie, but I was a bit disappointed by the length of the game. It was quite unfair.

On the bright side, this is the best music I've heard in a game, excellent graphics and the humour is quite witty+ I loved the dressing up thing . Only if it was longer...

Go to: