[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 20, 11 8:51 AM
worst game ever!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Your Comment and Reviews for Reading the Dead

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 20, 11 8:58 AM
Ran out of playing the CE's this week. So, I started to play those I tacked as a possibility and this was one of them. Sorry. folks. To me a horrible game. Bad graphics and hard to see items. Hard to follow and way to many HOG scenes. A nonpurchase for me as well. When you have the quality and caliber of games such as the CEs lately, it is very hard to play these inferior games. Big Fish, my recommendation is to hire more gamers and create more games like the CE's we are getting. These other games, by far, are very bad.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 20, 11 4:15 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said. I had high hopes for this game and was bitterly disappointed. A waste of time and a waste of hard drive space. Sorry BF.

[Post New]by Nemoturtle on Feb 22, 11 3:34 PM
It wasn't even just bad graphics or really poor dialogue (poorly translated) that made this game terrible. The tasks themselves made zero sense. Ok, initially you find footprints, streaks of blood, pictures... ok, that makes sense, you're an investigator. But then it's like "find these hidden objects", replace these, find the differences, put them on the evidence table, drop this off at such & such, program this address into your GPS. Ok, I am doing literally EVERYTHING for this character. I'm performing the most mundane tasks and getting none of the excitement of solving anything. It didn't seem to matter what dialogue I chose, they all seemed to lead to the same result (or maybe in the end they don't, unfortunately I couldn't get far enough to find out). The game LOOKED like it was going to be so good, but it lost me right away. I gave it 2 days off then thought "ok, I'll try again" played for another 20 min & I just couldn't do it. No story is good enough to sit through horrendous gameplay like this, besides which, this story seemed mediocre at best. Just such a bad, bad game.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 3:36:00 PM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 25, 11 12:29 AM
When I saw the title and page I thought this was going to be my type of game! it COULD have been good.. the story/plot and how they had you look for H0s was OK. However I was shocked at how horrible the graphics were!! REALLY BAD!!

I couldn't make out what anything was or barely saw anything at all in the H0 scenes. Blurry, grainy, slow, jerky. HORRIBLE. This is (not exaggerating) the WORST HOG I have ever played! That's saying a lot for me, I love the older games that some see as low quality. Heck I'll even play a "bad" game for a good story but this was UNPLAYABLE.

Sorry, Developers but your graphics artist is atrocious and does not have the talent to design a game. EVER. I'm glad I trialled because I would have wanted a refund..and yes I wouldn't even play this game for free!

NO BUY!!

It doesn't even deserve to be on the site!

flounderer
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by flounderer on Feb 25, 11 3:30 AM
Terrible game... No story, stupid objects, returning to same place over and over.
Only played thirty minutes then uninstalled... don't need this cr*p on my pc.

[Post New]by Marfell2 on Feb 25, 11 11:22 AM
This is one of the worst games ever. You kept repeating your actions, esp in the first two murders. The time taken to do the dialogue was slow, twice it froze on me, the items were so small I couldn't see them even when it gave me a clue and the story was stupid and banal.

Unusual for Big Fish.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Feb 25, 11 11:24 AM
i lasted 10 minutes into the demo and then deleted it.

myrnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Your Comment and Reviews for Reading the Dead

[Post New]by myrnie on Feb 27, 11 8:48 AM
peglegann wrote:This appears to be an old looking game. I did not mind the Direct x install but as others have said before, I do not like them trying to sneakily install the Bing bar
I had a problem clicking on some items, had to leave the game and go back in. The items are far too small and too blended to have fun with this game. There are subtitles but no talking sound. It looked like a really good game, just my type but no buy here. A LOT more work needs to be done on this.

ETA. Happy Valentines Day anyway

myrnie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by myrnie on Feb 27, 11 8:51 AM
I have played alot of games in my time but I must state that this is the worst game ever. The graphics were terrible, the plot out of this world, and when finally you think you are going to find out who the murderer is, up comes TO BE CONTINUED. A waste of money fore sure.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Mar 2, 11 3:49 AM
Wow just wasted 30 min of my life, all I did was random click in the HOG scenes, story line seemed ok to me, but wow if you could find the items your eyesight is really really good. I saw a few but for the most part no. This is not a buy for me for that reason alone. If the developers really want to sell a game at least make it so we can see the items.

phlsteen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by phlsteen on Mar 2, 11 2:22 PM
20 minutes.

Worst game I've ever played.

[Post New]by LisaLaffer on Mar 5, 11 2:44 AM
babbydoll1201 wrote:Yuck! I am passing on this game!! The graphics are dark & dreary. Does not capture my interest at all.

Maybe I would have liked, but I love the colorful graphics...

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Mar 5, 11 9:43 PM
way too much narrative between game play. Way too dark and the objects are very small, but I stuck it out for the 24 minutes it took me to get to the end of the demo. I probably would not have bought this game but it is definitely a no buy for me when the demo version is only 24 minutes and I can't even play the full trial hour.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Mar 7, 11 2:12 PM
[b]I like the idea of this game, but the objects were just too hard to find. Everything blended in too well. Perhaps redoing it with someone else drawing it. Won't buy for sure.

[Post New]by daniabraham on Mar 8, 11 9:17 AM
Purchased the full game after playing the demo, was a little dissapointed about how quick it finished, I only got another 30 mins play time, If I had realised the game was so short I probably wouldn't have purchased.

[Post New]by sammie58 on Mar 9, 11 7:33 PM
Help Help!!! This game make me sing if I only had a brain LOL.. How the heck do u put the photo's on the desk. I tryed clicking on the photos, even thought the camera would be a useful tool in this scene. Guess what nothing?? I am so lost but determined to finish this game and change my tune.Gotta laugh I am so stuck

Rkatidid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Rkatidid on Mar 12, 11 3:57 PM
Utterly horrible from the get-go..to thecleavage- bimbo, no boundaries protagonist
to the horrid way her boss treated her to the stupid little clues...I rarely post my negative feedback - but this is totally distasteful all the way around.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 17, 11 11:27 PM
This is just my type of game so I had high hopes but... no go. Why such grainy bad graphics?? And why in the world did I have to click SEVEN times on the "handkerchief" to find the one teeny pixel that accepted the click? Shoddy workmanship. And it was beyond annoying to have to mark all the "evidence" with little notes only to have to come back to it and click on all that crap AGAIN after the cut scene... wth?? Why repeat? Just padding game time I guess?

But if this game were cleaned up and programmed properly and updated with some nice voice acting I would pay more than the BFG price to play... as I said it's just my type of game with the crime scene, collecting blood samples and the like. I loved the character graphics as well... really nice and unique... but the graphics of the things we had to interact with was so grainy and tiny. It's a shame... could have been a great CSI type game.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Mar 22, 11 6:03 PM
Willing to pay more than the BFG price? Get thee to a bargain bin and buy Still Life. It's everything this game tried to be and more.

Go to: