ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Mar 3, 11 6:27 AM
Have just completed and a worthy follow up to the Briar Rose their last game.Good
graphics,story line and contined development in the HOG/Adventure with the use of
interactive maps.Also a challenging game with the difficulty set just about right.Will
go back to this game and play in HARD MODE having received the crown on
completing normal mode.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tomsde on Mar 3, 11 6:35 PM
Beautifully done game in the spirit of it's predecessor The Curse of Briar Rose, The graphics can't be beat. It rather reminded me of the Enlightenus Series a bit (still waiting for Enflightenus III here). I can't wait until the next game in this series comes out. Nice long game for the money, I appreciate that when I pay the higher price. Worth every penny.

First post here:

[Post New]by fivemice on Mar 3, 11 7:48 PM
Hi Fishies, I play a fair number of games from BF, but am not a hard core gamer.
Don't know all your acronyms yet.
Was inspired to say that I thought this was a great game.
Not really a fan of the Briar Rose fragments (played demo only) - they were too small and meaningless and tucked into dark areas. Almost frustrating.
BUT for this one - Exiled Prince - I loved the fragments. Some easy, some more challenging to find. All of the objects graphically beautiful - so that made it fun.
Would have like a little more IHOG because I like to open things, look under stuff, or put objects together during a HOG screen.
The games were a little too easy - and once they solved the screen closed down before I could enjoy it - but they were all entertainingly pretty - I must say.
Have purchased other CEs and decided not to purchase them anymore - but I made an exception for this one.
Although the bonus area was nice - it is still the only thing I really wanted out of the CE and it was almost worth it. - I just don't feel it was worth twice the price.
But kudos to the game designers on this one - everything worked, and the art direction was stunning.

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Mar 4, 11 7:30 AM
I like the first idea - we need to save one person and then boom - go and check out the frog-prince!
love the games with such turns!

[Post New]by LisaLaffer on Mar 5, 11 2:31 AM
Tomsde wrote:Beautifully done game in the spirit of it's predecessor The Curse of Briar Rose, The graphics can't be beat. It rather reminded me of the Enlightenus Series a bit (still waiting for Enflightenus III here). I can't wait until the next game in this series comes out. Nice long game for the money, I appreciate that when I pay the higher price. Worth every penny.

Agree, I like games that do not end in a couple of hours.

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Mar 5, 11 7:46 AM
This is one of the best that you have put out. Good games

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Mar 5, 11 10:28 AM
Well, this game looked so promising - beautifull story, very nice graphic and
then you end up doing nothing else then finishing this stupid sparkling
scenes. Now where comes the adventure in - I ask you???
It is like watching a good film and after every two minutes you have to put up with ten minutes "adverts".
The terrible thing is there are no other games without theses **** scenes to buy-
please BF can't you help people who just can't do the same thing over and over
and over again without getting bored to death.
This game could have been so nice if the player could explore and find the
items he needs by himself - but like that the money for a CE was a waste.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Mar 5, 11 11:18 AM
Not quite what I expected,this game isn't for me,reget buying. Kinda boring,not challanging.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Mar 5, 11 6:43 PM
After reading the high praise for this game, I am buying this one. I really liked the previous Dark Parables. Thanks for the great reviews Casualgran, Your reviews are very good.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Mar 6, 11 2:42 PM
Every game that Blue Tea creates is exceptional, and this one is no exception. From the artwork to music, storyline to puzzles, this was such an enjoyable game to play. Can't wait for their next creation.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 7, 11 1:55 AM
Loved every minute of this game. Great comments and reviews (as usual), there isn't really a lot left to say. I finished it in normal mode and did the bonus game and was disappointed that it was over ! Not that it is a short game, just that I was having such a good time, I didn't want to quit! So I'll just add my to the Devs. and thanks and to for this great CE. Really looking forward to the next edition! Happy Gaming Fishies

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Mar 7, 11 10:11 AM
I'd been waiting for the sequal to the Briar Rose one to come out because I loved that game, so I was super excited to see this come out. Definitely enjoyed the game, but of course at the end I'm left with that, "What a typical man," feeling haha. Really, did you need FIVE wives buddy? Oh of course he loved them all, but that first one was the one he really wanted. Had a good eye roll over that. Anyway, definitely enjoyed the game. Loved the bit where we had to crown Felix. Wanted to know what was going on with that mirror in Snow White's cottage though. Of course that's probably something we find out in the next one, which I'm definitely looking forward to. And what about the tree near the begining? What was the point of looking inside it and saying it smelled as if it was rotting? Just thought it was a little silly to zoom into it just for that. Otherwise I really liked it. Going to go back and play normal mode again to get all the morphing objects. I only managed to get 19 of them the first time around, I couldn't figure out which one I was missing. Ahh oh well, it's always nice to play a quality game again!

[Post New]by coyoteldy on Mar 7, 11 11:24 AM
This was worth the CE money. One of the best I have played. Thoughtful, interesting and difficult enough to hold interest . Bravo!

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Mar 7, 11 2:54 PM
Wow! I LOVED this game! Everything about it was fantastic!!! The art was outstanding, the music nice and "creepy"...and the difficulty was just right. I really appreciated the opportunity to skip hard puzzles. This is the best game ever! Amazing. PLEASE bring us more from this genius team of developers!!!
Two opposable thumbs up!

P.S. Kudos for having an actual ending to the storyline...as we wait for the next offering. Again- simply amazing! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to go back into the harder mode/bonus play and do it all over again! <very happy jellyfish here>

pjenks
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pjenks on Mar 9, 11 6:41 AM
This in my opinion is the worse game yet. I will never, never purchase a game that has parts for hidden objects. I am very disappointed. Also the hidden object games that are not collector addition are not very good either. They are like kids grade school games.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Mar 9, 11 12:28 PM
I enjoyed playing this game very much and found it to be a worthy sequel to Briar Rose. I played it in the normal mode first, then went through and played it again in hard mode, and finished up by playing the bonus chapter.

First I want to say, for those who don't think they can afford the CE version, that they will be very satisfied with this game in the SE version when it comes out. It would definitely be worth the purchase price and it has a decent ending. The bonus play was more like an introduction to the next game in the series. Unfortunately, for those who only like to play in hard mode, you cannot do that in this game until you have gone through and played it in normal mode, and then you can only play hard mode. I did not see where there was an option to choose easy or hard mode like in most games. The morphing objects are only in normal mode, finding them adds to your hints, so they are not present in the hard mode.

There were a LOT of fragmented object scenes in this game, most were fairly difficult but not frustrating. The objects you put together in scenes are essential to completing the game, everything had a purpose. There is a map in the lower right that also gives your objectives, and shows you which rooms have hidden object scenes that you need to solve. This map grows as you open up more areas,and has 4 sections: Forest, Lakeside, Palace and Caves. You sometimes need to check the other sections as once in a while a hidden object scene will be activated in an area you previously visited.

The graphics were stunning, and the hidden (fragmented) object scenes were beautiful too. Little details like butterflies flitting around, ravens that caw when you click on them and frogs that hop away when you click on them, running water sounds when a fountain or waterfall are in the view add to the enjoyment.

When you finish the game in normal mode you receive a crown which is used to open up a room in the hard mode. It's a door you see but never open in normal mode.

I have played many many games, lots of HOGs FROGs IHOGS and adventure games, as well as a couple of TM and match 3 games. This was an IFROG (interactive fragmented object adventure game.) There are objects to be picked up outside of the Frag scenes.

(continue)

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Mar 9, 11 12:44 PM
(continued)

Now for the gripes (listen up devs )
1. I would have preferred it if the morphing objects were just collected and not added to the hints, They are fun to find and should have been available in hard mode, too. I like finding secret items etc and having them as achievements at the end, like in 13th Skull. Also I didn't get a final count at the end so I don't know how many I found ( I think it was 16/20).
2. I see no real advantage to making one play in normal mode, then giving you a crown to use in hard mode. There are many advanced players that only like to play in hard mode only, so that should have been available from the Options menu at the beginning. Getting the crown was kind of like a needless addition.
3. Would have been helpful if the map were clickable, allowing you to "jump" to a location. Evidence was only available to read at the time you found it, others were no longer accessible. Put them in journal pages at the back of the map pages instead. Though I didn't mind using my sneakers going from place to place.
4. The hint meter, I was never sure how many hints I had, a oblong shape with orange and yellow dots, saw no change when I got a morphed object. I try to use as few hints as possible, so never saw the hint meter change. (It had a lock on it in hard mode.)

Graphics were wonderful, and the strategy guide was like a walk-through, it was complete, even gave solutions to hidden object scenes, so one place in hard mode when I couldn't find the last object I was able to find out where it was from the strategy guide. I also needed it when solving the last puzzle, and occasionally when I needed directions for a puzzle. All in all I think the game was worth the CE price and I was a happy gamer for many hours. It had good replay value and I will probably play it again in a few months.

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on Mar 9, 11 2:28 PM
I had to stop playing just to tell you that this is an awesome game!!! The graphics are outstanding...in fact the graphic designer should be given some sort of award!!
And the game itself is one of the very best I've played. Hope there will be more like it.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Mar 9, 11 3:07 PM
i turned the music off for one reason, the extra noise in the castle. It's so nice in the castle with no noise. but all in all, I loved both Dark Parables so far.....own both. Better than Mysterty Case Files.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Mar 9, 11 3:18 PM
MoDreams wrote:I enjoyed playing this game very much and found it to be a worthy sequel to Briar Rose. I played it in the normal mode first, then went through and played it again in hard mode, and finished up by playing the bonus chapter.

First I want to say, for those who don't think they can afford the CE version, that they will be very satisfied with this game in the SE version when it comes out. It would definitely be worth the purchase price and it has a decent ending. The bonus play was more like an introduction to the next game in the series. Unfortunately, for those who only like to play in hard mode, you cannot do that in this game until you have gone through and played it in normal mode, and then you can only play hard mode. I did not see where there was an option to choose easy or hard mode like in most games. The morphing objects are only in normal mode, finding them adds to your hints, so they are not present in the hard mode.

There were a LOT of fragmented object scenes in this game, most were fairly difficult but not frustrating. The objects you put together in scenes are essential to completing the game, everything had a purpose. There is a map in the lower right that also gives your objectives, and shows you which rooms have hidden object scenes that you need to solve. This map grows as you open up more areas,and has 4 sections: Forest, Lakeside, Palace and Caves. You sometimes need to check the other sections as once in a while a hidden object scene will be activated in an area you previously visited.

The graphics were stunning, and the hidden (fragmented) object scenes were beautiful too. Little details like butterflies flitting around, ravens that caw when you click on them and frogs that hop away when you click on them, running water sounds when a fountain or waterfall are in the view add to the enjoyment.

When you finish the game in normal mode you receive a crown which is used to open up a room in the hard mode. It's a door you see but never open in normal mode.

I have played many many games, lots of HOGs FROGs IHOGS and adventure games, as well as a couple of TM and match 3 games. This was an IFROG (interactive fragmented object adventure game.) There are objects to be picked up outside of the Frag scenes.

(continue)

Go to: