Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by raynestormrn on May 4, 12 1:38 PM
madstitcher54 wrote:Wish I hadn't wasted money on this one. Boring and the puzzles came with no instructions. I play all the time but couldn't see most of the patterns for the solutions.
What's up with not being able to read the "secret" messages after they go into the briefcase? Too bad there wasn't a "log". Map was a waste. How were we to know there were "special" things and what to look for. Come on designers, think before you rush a game.

the special notes go into your inventory, where they can be used with the puzzle they're needed for. took me a minute to figure that out, try the game again knowing that and see if that changes things for you.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on May 4, 12 3:53 PM
You cannot use the secret passage from the church while the bookseller is still in his shop. If you go back to the shop and talk to the bookseller you will end up giving him the flagon of wine. He then leaves the premises and if you go back to the church you will then be able to utilise the secret passage. Hope this makes sense and will help you. I thought this was an excellent, enjoyable and lengthy game.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 4, 12 11:53 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. The graphics are beautiful, except for the cartoonish way the people in the story are drawn. It was a total disconnect for me to have beautiful, realistic graphics with the very juvenile comic book characters carrying the story.

I thought the HOS were very good, and I loved the way the artist used various unusual angles of view. Really, the only thing I could complain about is the cartoon characters and that you do have to repeat some of the HOS up to three times... there really are too many HOS. But overall, I thought it was a great game and one that I definitely will play again..

[Post New]by fritz64952 on May 6, 12 1:01 PM
This is not nearly as good as other games I've played. The clues are terrible. I don't like the interruption of the talking people....too much of it. I have to stop and refer to the walkthrough often.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jul 7, 12 2:22 PM
The first Serpent of Isis I really enjoyed. This one the game play, I think differnt devs, was tedious. All the clicking thru dialogue and getting into the inventory, nothing remained open. pita

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by tjwilson on Jul 8, 12 8:42 PM
Well, I bought it. Graphics are great, HOS are great, but there is no logic to the game. You end up going over and over into scenes you've been to and tripping over what you really need.

When the person is "talking" you can't get to the items in your briefcase. You must click off the dialog to access this, and if you're like me, it will take you 4 chapters to rememeber that. Not as well done as the last game, maybe they're trying too hard?!? Second game this week I've had problems with their logic, or lack thereof...not good!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 17, 13 2:56 AM
I played the demo and this game is a buy,The graphics and sounds was nice to see and hear..Thx DEV's for all your hard work and time on this game,Keep up the god work..Thx BF for this awesome game..
5 's

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Apr 30, 13 6:00 AM
This was better than the first game. Graphics were OK. HOS fine. Puzzles fine. Story fine.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 23, 13 12:49 PM
I had a love/hate relationship with this game! LOL!
There were things I loved about it, and there were things I hated about it.

First, the things I loved.
The graphics in the scenes were beautifully done. The story was interesting and and kept my attention. The puzzles were challenging and fun. It was a good, long game (it took me almost 6 hours to play). Also, I love a game with an interactive map so you can jump from one location to another quickly...this one had that.

Things I hated:
Every time you click on something, the character pops up to say something and you have to click on him again to make him go away. It got to be annoying after a while. I didn't like the way the inventory was set up....you had to either click on the suitcase to get it to open, or on the very center of the bottom to open it. I didn't like it being at the top of the page...I guess I am just used to them being along the bottom and I kept forgetting. Lastly, the hidden object scenes were trashpile. You would click on a chair in the room with nothing in it, and the HO scene would be filled with a junk pile of non-related items.

At any rate, I do recommend this game. It was worth my game credit in the long run!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Sep 2, 13 9:56 AM
Classic Styled HOG

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Note: This is a HO only game

MY IMPRESSIONS
Well, yeah, the graphics are pretty awful. Things have changed a lot since Feb 2011. But once you get used to the distortions created by widescreen, they certainly don’t look as bad as many others of that era.

The game has the look and feel of a large file adventure game, with the 3D look, and lots of drab empty locations where little or nothing is happening. And the characters talk a lot.

But in fact there is not much adventure gameplay at all.

This game is all about the HO puzzles, which are generally well drawn and clearly lit (a bit fuzzy of course). They are all interactive lists, but variety is achieved through different styles of HO scene. For example, some are paintings, some are manuscripts, some are unlit, etc.

If you have ever played the Big City Adventure series, you’ll recognise the formula – uncountable numbers of HO scenes, visited 3 times. I can’t stand those games, the totally purposeless meandering through meaningless locations, with no adventure or puzzle activity except at the end of each chapter.

This game offers something better. There is a story that justifies the moves through the different locations and settings, and you get to choose where you go within the chapters. There are items to be found for inventory, which you'll need almost immediately, and the application of those items is sensible.

The puzzles are, as per the formula, mostly at the end of each chapter. They are reasonably easy, well most are, I had to skip 4 of them. There is a penalty for skipping – 20 minutes added to your time. My time (without the penalties) was 5 hours and a bit.

Note: There are some puzzles that cannot be skipped, but they are ones that require you to use information you have gathered and have recorded on a document in your inventory. But they are not no brainers, you must do a little analysing of the clues.

Another part of its appeal are the collectible hints. Each chapter has a different ‘special item’ that relates to the context and gives you extra hints. Your journal keeps track of how many you have found.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
Ignore the graphics, the comic book characters, and the extensive dialogue, and you have a pretty amazing little game. I found myself unable to leave it till I’d finished the whole game. Fiendishly addictive.

I recommend this game!

Go to: