zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Mar 17, 11 1:44 PM
Strange game, missed logic

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by unicornfish on Mar 18, 11 9:02 AM
I've played the game and have mixed feelings. On the one hand it's really not bad, rather emotional game but logic..... In any case I think it's worth playing!

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Mar 18, 11 7:27 PM
This is definitely one of the best games of this ilk that I've ever played. Just completed it and was completely involved with the story as well as the game. Even loved the music, especially the folk song at the start up. Absolute kudos to the creative team that came up with this one.

[Post New]by Legal4fun1 on Mar 19, 11 11:59 PM
Fantastic game! Great message with a fantastic ending. It took a while to get thru though, if you have the patience, it is well worth it. I am now going onto the Severed Heart Edition, but I have to first get over the overwhelming best game I have played since (and I have played a lot). Good luck to all who play!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Mar 23, 11 4:04 AM
Good game....I thought the story line was a real story line in regards to having a pretty decent plot. The games were easy, the dream cards got to be a bit challenging. IHOG scenes were not too cluttered or dark. I was able to find all and not break down and use a hint. I did have to get rid of the voice over though, drove me 'nuts'! Plus, the extra game play was kinda lame in comparison to the actual game. I would give it a 4 out of 5.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 23, 11 8:51 AM
The game is a thumbs up, thus said there are so many CE's out, I am going to wait on the SE,,Big Fish has had so many surprises for us this month. thx BF
5 for BF.. Happy gaming everyone..

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Mar 25, 11 1:36 AM
This truly a wonderful game, excellent art and some of the best puzzles ever. Eerie but cute, and oh so paganny! I am having such a great experience this one - Thank You!

Love evil Bullwinkle at the beginning....

More like this!

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 29, 11 4:03 AM
Got this today, HAD TO HAVE IT... LOVED the trial!

I am hopeful it lives up to my expectations.

I will let you know.

I just don't know what I am going to do with my punch card credit, any suggestions?

[Post New]by hkdonbigfish on Apr 2, 11 11:30 AM
I own the first 2 Margraves. If all you want is HOG the first is ok...long and worth the price. The 2nd is dumb! A great disappointment. I get bored with only ****...so I was a bit hesitant to even try this one...but the video and scenes looked intriguing and made me look at reviews! I am excited to give it a try! More adventure which is what I am looking for!

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Apr 5, 11 3:16 PM
Hey Fishies

I looked at the first two Margraves and wasnt impressed at all, however I liked the Curse of the Severed Heart and bought it after decent reviews from casualgran an others.
Didnt like the card games much, puzzles not too easy and not too taxing on the brain. It would appear that another Margrave is coming, I hope it is like this one.

Good game developers, thanks bigfish

Marie_O
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Marie_O on Apr 9, 11 10:56 AM
I just wanted to say that the standard version is definitely worth playing. Great graphics and story. No need to bother with the CE.
The extra content isn't needed, it's simply a set up for the next game. Took 45 minutes (most of which was the dream card game).
I never used the strategy guide as the hint button can give you a nudge if you get stuck.
That's all that's included with the CE..little extra play and the guide.
The CE is certainly not worth double the price of the standard version!

IMO

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 9, 11 11:40 AM
Have played for 45 minutes and am really enjoying this game. Love the scenery and the story line to clear the shadow locks. Enjoyed the spirit card games and agree with another poster that they are logical, and therefore solvable. I found the hidden object scenes had some degree of difficulty where the longer you peruse through the picture, the more items you identify. I was also impressed with the strategy guide as it is more of a narrative, with trivia and general information about the game, than the usual “do this” list. Definite buy for me!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Apr 23, 11 7:41 AM
This game is great. Very different than the first two. The puzzles were not too hard on me and I liked the card games naming the animals. The graphics were remarkable and I wasn't bothered by the different pronunciations of words or the animals voices. I also didn't think there were too many HOscenes and besides the objects weren't too difficult to find although on a few of them I had to use hints. Hope the 4th installment is more like this one.

[Post New]by rghm1256 on Apr 27, 11 5:18 PM
I loved this game! I have played all the previous games, so I was excited when I saw a new Margrace Manor game! Played the first hour and just had to purchase the game so I could continue...I was not disappointed in the least. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on May 6, 11 9:53 PM
This game is one which would have been better without voiceover. The story dissapointed me and I regret this purchase.

decgirl39
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by decgirl39 on May 14, 11 12:09 PM
I'm stuck , I can't fine the Alter, need to use hammer to strike the sheild four times, please help

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 28, 11 5:21 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Goofy, I actually enjoy the card puzzles. Haven't skipped any of them so far, and have actually enjoyed the challenge of figuring them out. They make more sense to me then those flip things to turn on the lights or whatever...I hate those, so I am so glad to see this kind of puzzle that I can actually use some logic to figure out. I have solved and set free all the shadowlocks so far, and have entered the portal. Since Ms Thorn kept wanting her to free the shadowlocks, I hesitated with each one, lol. And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 28, 11 5:25 PM
I also look around first instead of going straight for the sparkles ! I'm still on the fence.. I love the cursor for one thing it has a nice pointy tip.. I love the graphics that garden in front of the gazebo made me want to sit awhile..not to crazy about the **** scenes I have old eyes..I'll think about it for awhile.. enjoy !

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Nov 6, 11 2:28 PM
i'm a little divided. i would almost say: don't bother with the CE; wait for the SE. the bonus content is very slim.

on the other hand: the bonus play (the only thing that justifies giving it a CE label, since it contains no other extras) is really among the best i've seen.

the game itself was really a cut above most of the recent spate of ihogs, most of which seem pretty one-size-fits-all: similar story, similar atmosphere, similar puzzles, similar mini-games. i think most developers believe they've found a formula that works---and for the most part it has---but after a while, it can wear a little thin.

this is a slightly different take. the mini-games are interesting and well thought-out; they vary from the standard, and/or contain interesting twists on standard puzzles. i have a fondness for mechanical locks---something along the lines of the Ravenhearst series. this game contains a number of them---and while they aren't quite as challenging as the ones in MCF, they are well done and beautifully put together.

mini-games flow well with the rest of the gameplay. i like the way this one was timed. nothing becomes too tedious. the story itself contained enough fantasy elements to hold my attention, despite the usual save-redeem-a-lost-family-member theme.

now: the bonus play. the adventure puzzles were creative and engaging. the mini-games were in line with the same high quality of those contained in the game itself.
and the story: wonderful! it reminded me slightly of the early Dream Chronicles: fantasy-oriented, intriguing characters. i loved the guard cyclopians . i found Oban's dilemma both epic and deeply human.

this coming from someone who, with exceptions (the Drawn series, for ex.) stopped paying attention to H0 stories quite a while ago.

i'd love to see an entire game based on the cyclopians, and with similar adventure puzzles, similar mini-games, and all those beautiful graphics and animation.

that would be my dream as far as casual games go.

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Jan 19, 12 8:53 PM
Best Game EVER! 5-Star from me (and I'm FUSSY!) Really novel, interesting puzzles, just right amount of **** scenes, and they are excellently drawn and VERY engaging. The game is plenty long, and the bonus play is a good size, too. The story is unusual and quite fun to play along with. Just the right difficulty for my taste, as well. GREAT!

Go to: