allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by allielubaka on Mar 9, 11 5:53 PM
Oh for $#@!X...!!! Downloaded - black screen with the words "FATAL ERROR".
Huh? What happened? Boy this better be worth it when I take the computer to my tech. What say you??

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by Rolivine on Mar 9, 11 8:40 PM
I feel like I wasted good money. This is not one of your crowning achevements. Is there a
refund, for such a poor game. Thanks
Carol

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Mar 9, 11 8:44 PM
Well..... I tried it for about 10 minutes and was soooo dissapointed. I thought it was going to be a good game and tried it before coming to see the reviews. That said, I have to agree with the others. This game is awful. It wasn't even interesting at all. Got so bored I just couldn't keep going. Sorry BF but lately games have been bad.

For those (if any) that liked it enjoy.

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Mar 10, 11 2:41 AM
How old is this game? It just feels ancient by todays standards. Terrible. No buy.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 10, 11 8:06 AM
Well, I definitely won't be buying this one. It's way too hard to advance, & I don't like having to add 10 min to my game to get a hint. I don't like the games that you can beat in just a few tries, but this one needs to simplified a bit in the hint part at least. Or else, you need more ways to advance without using hints.

Big Fish Desperate for $$$??

[Post New]by moonlight51 on Mar 10, 11 8:25 AM
Editrix wrote:So many users are right; seems the only decent games these days are the collectors' editions, which, frankly, get too damn expensive at $14 a pop (no, don't bore me with the fact they're $13.99. That penny means nothing, and everyone knows it).

Graphics - Not great, and too dark.

Options - Suck. No other way to say it; it takes seconds to code a game to provide a sound option. Toggling? Really?!?

I'm another who doesn't want video game elements in my hidden object games. If I want to shoot ghosts, or anything else for that matter, I'll buy different games. Mini-puzzles are fine; puzzles fit in with the whole hidden object vibe. Shooting ANYTHING does not.

Lastly, the game brings tedium to a whole new level. Too much to read; not bad enough we have to find gems, then we have to find PIECES of gems; it's nearly impossible to open any doors, find the right tools to manipulate objects, etc.; too much clicking, clicking, CLICKING. Click to get into the satchel, click to pick up an item, click again to close the satchel, click to open the satchel to put the item back, click to close the satchel again, click on sparkling items, click to close the text windows of said sparkling items, multiple clicks to read the useless letters. etc., etc. WTF?! Are you kidding me, developers? What the hell were you thinking?

Oh, and this just might be my user name speaking, but I've got one word for ya: Proofreader.

Big Fish, I love ya, and a $6.99 monthly fee isn't breaking my bank, but in this economy, I'm not interested in wasting money, no matter how small the amount. So please stop wasting my time with games from lazy-**** developers who slap crap together with no regard for customer satisfaction, just so they can make a fast buck.

Or maybe just canceling my membership is the easiest solution.

[Post New]by moonlight51 on Mar 10, 11 8:28 AM
It is a terrible game. I tried it for about 30 minutes and then I delete the game. It hurts my eyes, everything is in a mist. It is not fun to play this game. It is not worth to buy this game.

[Post New]by DragonAscending on Mar 10, 11 9:51 AM
Well, I managed to get four gems in 47 minutes of game play. Could NOT find a fifth even with the HINT button. I've gone through a ton of games and overall I like the selection here, however, this game totally sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely won't be buying this one, ever.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Mar 10, 11 10:41 AM
I have to agree with all of you, I read many comments. Did anybody like this game? I did not find one. Maybe next time, it is still early in the month..lol

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Mar 10, 11 6:02 PM
I've gotten in the habit of trying every game before buying because there were a few that I purchased that I simply could not get through. I'm glad I tried this one because I was very dissapointed with it. The artwork is good, but all in all the games seems to me a technological step backwards. I found the navigation clunky, the sound effects annoying, and the entire look and feel was of something that I would have found here years ago. No offense to the programmers, but I felt it could have been a bit smoother. Although I realize not every game can be as good as ERB or Green Tea titles, I find myself dissapointed at anything less these days.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Mar 11, 11 8:45 AM
Turn off the sound because the music will put you to sleep. Pretty graphics and a nice game (I only played the demo) but one that I would buy only when and if it were offered with one of BF sometimes special rates.

Why are so many games CE's? Very few worth the extra dollars.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Mar 11, 11 2:08 PM
it's different, it's fun, we have to think (use your grey cells), not use the walkthrough (much too easy), combine things, what's wrong with that..
it's only a game....some fishies reply in a way I belive that a game is the most important thing in their life...sad..
and a lot only read the negative comments and say the same, without even trying the demo...sad

I'm halfway I think...and I enjoy it a lot, not the best game I ever played, but there are worse games

and it's good to play a complete different game every now and then...

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 11, 11 5:42 PM
sinshack wrote:I used a punchcard credit and I'm still enjoying the game - the story develops slowly, but it does develop. No, it's not perfect - the controls should actually control things, not just turn them on and off, but I do have a volume control on my computer so I just adjusted that instead. I don't understand the complaints about fuzzy graphics and small objects, because the H0 scenes look fine to me (and I'm using dollar-store reading glasses that have seen better days), and I haven't had to use more than one hint yet on any scene, and I've been through the entire downstairs (except the room in the right wing) and all the upstairs rooms in the two hours or so that I've been playing. I can't tell how far along I am, but I'd guess about half way or less, so I expect to get 4-5 hours at least out of the game.

Yes, I know this game isn't for everyone, and you are certainly entitled to say so. But I can't believe how many people are trashing it based on 5 minutes - or even two minutes - of gameplay.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 11, 11 5:48 PM
sinshack wrote:I used a punchcard credit and I'm still enjoying the game - the story develops slowly, but it does develop. No, it's not perfect - the controls should actually control things, not just turn them on and off, but I do have a volume control on my computer so I just adjusted that instead. I don't understand the complaints about fuzzy graphics and small objects, because the H0 scenes look fine to me (and I'm using dollar-store reading glasses that have seen better days), and I haven't had to use more than one hint yet on any scene, and I've been through the entire downstairs (except the room in the right wing) and all the upstairs rooms in the two hours or so that I've been playing. I can't tell how far along I am, but I'd guess about half way or less, so I expect to get 4-5 hours at least out of the game.

Yes, I know this game isn't for everyone, and you are certainly entitled to say so. But I can't believe how many people are trashing it based on 5 minutes - or even two minutes - of gameplay.

I agree, Sinshack. Now I know how a salmon feels swimming upstream against the current. I finished the demo and enjoyed it! It is a buy for me as well. Off now to download. Happy Gaming Fishies

[Post New]by NatureHippy on Mar 11, 11 8:32 PM
Well, I've tried for three days and am bored. It just doesn't hold my interest.

[Post New]by oldladyplay on Mar 12, 11 10:03 AM
Well guys and girls, this is one of the worst games I have tried to play. I have spent two hours going back and forth just trying to find an amulet or a key. I am very disappointed. Most times I enjoy my games, they get my mind off of everything else in the world. These games are my only outlet. Thanks, but I have to delete this one. Sea Anemone

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Mar 12, 11 10:33 AM
Stupid game. Boring.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Mar 12, 11 9:41 PM
Won't catalog all of my issues with the game as others have already done that very well.

I will just say that the whole game is quite uneven, and I didn't really see a storyline in it. It just looked like they took all of their ideas and tossed them into the stew to see what turned out. The mini-games with the old drawings that you clicked to mix them up then put back together didn't seem to have anything in common with the game. I do seem to be one of the few (if not the only one) who didn't mind shooting at the ghosts. For some perverted reason, I enjoyed that. <shrug>

Anyway, no buy here. Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon and Phantasmat are out in SE, Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince and Hallowed Legends: Samhain will be coming out in SE, so I have plenty of places to spend my hard-earned credits and coins.

For those of you who DO see value and enjoyment in this game please don't let my negative ramblings dissuade you from it. If you are enjoying it, by all means, go for it. We all have different tastes. That's what makes us interesting. And ENJOY!!!

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Mar 12, 11 10:03 PM
I love "Hidden Objects" games......this one is not good......hint button takes too long.....the games with the pictures were very difficult to figure out.......the cursor was annoying.....I found it irritating that time was added each time I needed help....Big Fish should hide this one in the back of the closet.I rarely stop before the end of the demo.....I was more than happy to end a boring 30 mins.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Mar 13, 11 4:51 PM
I played 7 minutes of this game and stopped to read the reviews. So far everything I have read I can agree with. I didn't like the "no options" and the cursor was terrible, I wanted to turn it off but "no options" seemed to be the theme of this game. I would click on the correct object and it wouldn't allow it to be taken off the list. Other people have mentioned the problem of games that don't allow for a lot of clicking, well this one is really sensitive to overclicking, while the cursor is too big to be accurate. There were no redeeming qualities for me. I am hoping for a better TGT tomorrow. Thank heavens the demo is free

Go to: