mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:25 PM
elldee2728 wrote:
puzzledone wrote:Scuze me, don't want to sound like a bully, but it's my understanding that on a game specific forum the topic is the game to comment on. Love it or hate it, everything else is IMO highjacking. And now back to our topic......

Yay puzzledone! (OK, off-topic for a minute)--I just don't get it--I pat kdubs on the back for keeping this train on the tracks, and I get characterized as a "bully"? This is a wonderful game that has everything you'd want (Adventure/HOG/IHOG)--why throw darts because it's a CE?

Again, if you weren't being a bully then the post would not apply to you. If you have been polite then kudos. It is for those that are NOT that the message was intended for. If it does not apply to you, then you would not be a bully, right? No names were mentioned.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:29 PM
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I totallyy agree with mycatluna. Really, peglegann, you should learn to play nice. Enough said, now I am off to play. Sounds like a good game.

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Yes they have; however, having been in most forums, moderators state that when technical issues are posted in the comments and review threads...NOT when general comments are posted. I have never witnessed a moderator asking someone that comments about CE's not to post in the comments and review section. Not once.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:32 PM
puzzledone wrote:Scuze me, don't want to sound like a bully, but it's my understanding that on a game specific forum the topic is the game to comment on. Love it or hate it, everything else is IMO highjacking. And now back to our topic......

You do not, at all, sound like a bully. The post was for those that DO. This is a very polite post.

Although I wouldn't call it highjacking. Lol. I don't see a complete take-over where no one is allowed to post 'game related content'.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:40 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I totallyy agree with mycatluna. Really, peglegann, you should learn to play nice. Enough said, now I am off to play. Sounds like a good game.

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Well said Dr. Good! Thank you pegleann for your fabulous reviews in the games forums and for politely trying to get this thread back on track.

Just a quick note that peglegann and myself get along well. We don't always agree, but when we don't, we usually joke about it. We were, just as of last night, having a fun banter back and forth and that was after my original posting about some bullying in the pond. That forum has been moved to chit chat corner. We have also done so in previous forums. I'm sure she would happily verify this. And I do think she has been polite. In fact, she is aware and stated that there are some bullies that show up in the pond. That is who the post was meant for. If you are polite, the post is not applicable. And I will say again that peglegann has been polite. I wanted to clarify that.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:42 PM
moonlightgrey wrote:I betaed this ages ago--had even forgotten the name until I saw that chapel.

This was one of the creepiest games I have ever played, and the first one I have bought as a CE.

Hang in there people. You are in for a treat. It's worth every hard-earned cent.

Yay! I like creepy. There is something invigorating about getting scared from time to time (adrenaline I suppose). Looking forward to the SE on this one. Games with high creep factors are among my most favorite. They really should have an emoticon for ghosts. Darn. Imagine one here ( ).

[Post New]by garden_lady46 on Mar 10, 11 3:04 PM
The trial was pretty good. I agree with everyone who mentioned that there hasn't been a good SE for quite a while. The Collector's Editions are great, but what about letting us use either 2 credits or 2 "Freebies"?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 10, 11 3:07 PM
Wow! The comments on this forum? What's going on? Peglegann always posts thoughtful, on-topic reviews and never, ever says anything hurtful about anyone; she also always plays nice, Thanks, Dr. Good, for your great response to mamacarole629. Yes, Peglegann is one of the nicest people on this forum - I always read her reviews!

Gail

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 3:08:18 PM PST

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 3:17 PM
bella81762 wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
bella81762 wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
mamacarole629 wrote:I .

glad to be of service,
Dr.good

Well said Dr. Good! Thank you pegleann for your fabulous reviews in the games forums and for politely trying to get this thread back on track.

but how is any of this about the game...its not either...

Gee bella you really like to split hair doncha? So if that's what you REALLY wanna do then neither was that post nor is this and we can go on and on and on...it's the thread that never ends...it just goes on and on my friend....

Good thing I have better things to do like go to work...sheesh bella really!

well since you responded to me directly i will respond in kind, i am not the one that tells others what they should or shouldnt post, i was just asking how posts telling others what to post is any different then posting whether you like or dislike ce,s, its all off topic, dont mattwer to me either way, i just find it ironic........

that said.......pegal is not a bully, she does try to steer the topics back politely, but there is bullying in these threads by others...........so as you say.....sheesh

Bella: You made a good point and that was perhaps why it was ill received-as it was a good point. The above comment you referred to was not at all polite. Sorry it was ever directed at you in the first place. I recognize your name from other forums and know that you are a great contributor with a kind disposition.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 10, 11 3:20 PM
Hi everyone,

To make sure that future reviews end up in the new comments and reviews thread that is now stickied, I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up. The new thread can be found here.

As bfgArnoStyx has mentioned, the comments and reviews threads are intended to be used only for reviewing and posting opinions about a particular game rather than about posts from other users or posts that do not comment on the game specifically.

If you notice that a comments and reviews thread is getting off topic or if you come across any violations of the Forum Rules, please contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to intervene as seen fit.

If you added a game specific review to this thread, please feel free to re-post it in the new stickied thread so that it is not missed.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Go to: