Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Revenge

[Post New]by tmendez on Mar 26, 11 9:02 PM
Very disappointed. At baisc level bad scenes, coloring bad, spelling is VERY bad, disjointed and hard to follow. Not big fish caliber and NEVER a collectors level. THis one needs to go back to design and test!

Don't waste the money....

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 9:36 PM
tmendez wrote:Very disappointed. At baisc level bad scenes, coloring bad, spelling is VERY bad, disjointed and hard to follow. Not big fish caliber and NEVER a collectors level. THis one needs to go back to design and test!

Don't waste the money....

This game never was a Collectors Edition. It was a standard $6.99 game right from the start, and with the sale this weekend only $4.99.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 9:39 PM
lynnetilley wrote:Totally disgusted with this game - got to the second door - have all the chains and put the rocks in the cart and NOTHING. Totally wasted my game credit buying this.

Go to the new thread, The Revenge Fishy-Fed WALKTHROUGH for a complete walkthrough.

You just aren't finished freeing his soul - you need to click on the stout (pedestal with the blue mist) to find out what animal has his trapped soul, just like for the first gate.

[Post New]by KariRocksTheBay on Mar 26, 11 9:44 PM
I don't even know where to start with this game. I have to say it is without a doubt THE WORST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED!!!! Let's forget for a moment the horrible grammar. Every other hidden object scene I had to completely exit the game and then play it again to allow me to pick up items that I NEEDED to progress. For example, The Soul of Trees level required me to pick up x amount of chains. I get to the final chain and it will NOT let me pick it up. So I exit the game, start it up again and then I was able to pick it up. Then, it was like the 4th or 5th **** scene and it did it again with Snakes. Ugh!!! So I exited and then re-entered and was able to move forward. So then it happens again the very next **** scene I played and, well....are we seeing a pattern here??? Ok so aside from that annoying and I'm quite sure unintentional obstacle, lets talk about that grammar. Earlier posts talked about calling a basic foot stool a "goutstool", which most have explained away by saying that the developers were possibly just using the "language of the time". Ok, let's give them that one, but then one item list had me looking for "dices" to find one die. Even if I was supposed to find 2 die, you still wouldn't call the pair "dices". The absolute worst had to be when I get to the second item on the list which was "actubus". Well alright, no clue what that is so I proceed to find the other items on the list intending to use the hint button for this "actubus". Next clue was "eight". Having not seen one immediately, I do however see an octopus. So I click on it...guess what gets crossed off of my list? You guessed it..."actubus". REALLY????? Bottom line, I wouldn't buy this game ever. Or anything else by these developers. I do, however, recommend applying to be a beta tester as it's quite obvious they are shorthanded.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 26, 11 10:22 PM
This game is by far the Most Frustrating Game that I have ever played ...Grrrr!
The mouse doesn't seem to like to pick up certain items. Put it this way, when I had all the bricks for the wall, it took some of them. One of them took almost 100 clicks to accept it. The last one, I had to exit the game, come back in and took over 400 clicks before it finally went into the slot. I also had a problem in the hidden object scenes where it took numerous clicks before an item would pick up but trying to get the #8 took the . I clicked, and clicked, and clicked even tried a hint to make sure I was correct but it never picked it up. It did allow me to continue on without completing this Hidden Object scene but how ridiculous!
I am also the type that Never uses hints. I bet you of the few hundred games that I have or had, I used more hints today than I have with all of them added up together.
When I originally played the game the day of release, there were no where near as many comments, questions, tech issues, etc. So today when I purchased and began to run into problem, I came to the forum and was Shocked to see over 10 pages. I really wish I would have double checked before purchasing, since I purchase games to relax. Today, I was having a very high pain day and believe me this didn't help, I guess I just kept hoping it would get better.
I really wish I could ask for my money back because if they ever do fix the numerous problems with this game there is No Way I will ever play this again. I guess lesson learned,,,,huh.
Oh well, off to . Good night fishies. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a great game to wake up to.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 26, 11 11:24 PM
Well guess I won't be demoing this one. Couldn't even get it to play... in fact it totally hyjacked my computer so that I couldn't even shut it off with the ctrl/alt/del and task manager... had to restart my computer!!

If they ever do solve the issues I guess I'll come back and try it... heck maybe by then it'll be a DD and I'll save some .

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Mar 27, 11 6:58 AM
Hi all,
I am having a tough time liking this one. Navigating with out much help as to what the game really wants me to do is very annoying. Some pictures are so dark I found myself randomely clicking around (for wood).
Disappointed.
I can't figure out how to get past the priest after I have exausted all hidden object games. I have a knob (?) and a wand, and yet again, I'm stuck........annoying really.

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Mar 27, 11 7:02 AM
I hear ever word you said!
Just sucks that we bought this crappy game.

Poof11 wrote:This game is by far the Most Frustrating Game that I have ever played ...Grrrr!
The mouse doesn't seem to like to pick up certain items. Put it this way, when I had all the bricks for the wall, it took some of them. One of them took almost 100 clicks to accept it. The last one, I had to exit the game, come back in and took over 400 clicks before it finally went into the slot. I also had a problem in the hidden object scenes where it took numerous clicks before an item would pick up but trying to get the #8 took the . I clicked, and clicked, and clicked even tried a hint to make sure I was correct but it never picked it up. It did allow me to continue on without completing this Hidden Object scene but how ridiculous!
I am also the type that Never uses hints. I bet you of the few hundred games that I have or had, I used more hints today than I have with all of them added up together.
When I originally played the game the day of release, there were no where near as many comments, questions, tech issues, etc. So today when I purchased and began to run into problem, I came to the forum and was Shocked to see over 10 pages. I really wish I would have double checked before purchasing, since I purchase games to relax. Today, I was having a very high pain day and believe me this didn't help, I guess I just kept hoping it would get better.
I really wish I could ask for my money back because if they ever do fix the numerous problems with this game there is No Way I will ever play this again. I guess lesson learned,,,,huh.
Oh well, off to . Good night fishies. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a great game to wake up to.

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Mar 27, 11 7:04 AM
This game did the same to me. I had to do that 2x. I gave it a chance because it's a larger file........What a disappointment!

gamergirl675 wrote:Well guess I won't be demoing this one. Couldn't even get it to play... in fact it totally hyjacked my computer so that I couldn't even shut it off with the ctrl/alt/del and task manager... had to restart my computer!!

If they ever do solve the issues I guess I'll come back and try it... heck maybe by then it'll be a DD and I'll save some .

[Post New]by MerenwenElensar on Mar 27, 11 7:45 AM
bought this fame and tried playing again.
Stopped and still angry.
Objects can´t be placed. Object in hidden object scenes cant be taken.
Still angry and really dont like this game.
As one of the other said: the soundtrack is horrbile.
Never going to start this again....
Still angry...
But well, there had to be this one bad game in hundreds of very good ones..

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Mar 27, 11 10:39 AM
the idea and the art work art are good, but the defects are many, I had to exit the game many times, because it would get stucked, and I know almost all the players had the same problems, but I din't give up, made it through the end and saved the baby!

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 27, 11 6:55 PM
HOLY MOSES!!!!! I went back in after my question/comment & TRIED to play this one.
THIS GAME'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! lol-I wouldn't d/l this if they offered it to me for free.

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Mar 27, 11 11:45 PM
Definitely a no-buy for me. I couldn't take the horrible language errors or the awkward moving ... and the art was bugging the heck outta me for some reason.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 28, 11 8:09 PM
No. Not a game I can get into. Graphics are simply drawn and colored with no depth to them. The storyline is weak and a bit silly. Why would a powerful witch wait a 100 years before she exacted revenge? The H0G scenes are mediocre to say the least with fuzzy images and weird names.
I give it a 5/10.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 8:10:06 PM PST

[Post New]by ancietone on Mar 29, 11 4:59 AM
made it, with a bit of help from walkthrough. I enjoyed the game but had to reinstall it once, spelling was different.not the usual standard of game but fun in the end

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Mar 29, 11 7:02 AM
This game is a real mess. Very inconsistent. However it was definitely a challenge figuring it out so I have to say I did enjoy that part. I think the developer needs a bit more experience creating games because this one could have been a really good one.

[Post New]by BadLilMonkey on Mar 29, 11 9:12 AM
This is the worst game I've ever tried to play! It's slow and choppy. The language is hard to figure out and the hidden object scenes are just totally messed up. In some scenes, you can't pick up the things you need. This game has far too many glitches in it to be enjoyable. Don't waste your time or money on it.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

This game was PAINFUL!

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Mar 29, 11 12:22 PM
This game was slow, and after I finished a scene and moved away, that same area sparkled. I went back into it, thinking I missed something and there was nothing more for me to do there. I had to click down at least two times and then go back to see that sparkle disappear. I had to use my hints ALOT! Normally I would use one...maybe two hints, but I had to use them frequently here. The objects did not match the item (ladybug was a green bug, for example). THis slowed it down for me because I had to figure out what the items were. I also had to click several times to get into the hogs.

Needless to say, this is not on my "To Buy" list.

Royals1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Royals1 on Mar 29, 11 3:29 PM
Sorry, but did NOT like this game. It took me pretty much the whole hour trial just to make it into the castle, just to fall into the prison and then it quit!! This one is a definite no buy for me!

[Post New]by sissytwin on Mar 30, 11 8:38 PM
I did not like this game at all. Too many glinches in the game. In the hidden objects parts of the game, it would not let me pick up some of the objects. Had to exit the game and go back into to be able to pick up the object. Very hard to figure out without help from the walkthrough that was provided. I could not have finished the game without it. Could not wait to end this game. Do not purchase this game.

Go to: