BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Apr 11, 11 8:27 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game! It was a good long game - I probably spent 7 or 8 hours on it, over the course of a few days. I played in Expert mode because I like more of a challenge. I needed the hint button maybe 10 times through the entire game.

The storyline was interesting and the game was complex. Towards the end of the game I found myself becoming so impressed that there were MORE places to explore! The developers did not skimp on this game...except for the grammar in a few places, but I can look past that.

Fun, fun game! 9 out of 10 for me!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by JANISR on Apr 11, 11 3:10 PM
Brilliant game loved every minute I don't comment on the reviews much but liked this game so much had to say so

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Apr 12, 11 1:17 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I began to hate Fracture HOGs, and will blame (removed by moderator) for this; this is the second stunning game that I can't play because the fractures are too small, blended to the background, when the background is darkened on purpose!!!

Yes, this is a rant, (removed by moderator) - Wonderful game, excellent hint system which saves you a lot of headache where to go and what to do, without being stuck and move in circles (just click on the hint button and it will show you where to go) - a game I long to buy...and being depended most of the time on the hint system to find for me super-mini-tiny "lines"!!!

I totally agree with you!!!!
Laura

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 10:14:36 AM PST

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Apr 13, 11 3:13 AM

Just played the free hour and must say did enjoy what I played, but not enough to buy straight away, if it turns up on a daily deal or I have a spare credit I will buy.

Been on holiday the last week and it seems quite a few good games have came out so will try them first, especially Empress of the Deep as I loved the first one.

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Apr 14, 11 12:59 AM
Another great game in the TOMI series. Great graphics and I love the background music. This game is challenging enough to keep me interested and generous enough with hints when I get frustrated. I would have been willing to pay the Collector's Edition price for this game. It is worth it, but nice to have it at $6.99. Thanks bigfish, you did it again!!!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 14, 11 10:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

Thanks for sharing your reviews! I just wanted to swim by to let everyone know that I've made edits in the thread to remove mentions of the game's developer, as they are also a game portal on their own. This means that the following of the Forum Rules applies:

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

Please contact the moderation team if you have any questions.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by DREAMWALKER4 on Apr 14, 11 4:16 PM
i MADE IT TO THE CLOCK, JUST NEED TO GET THE REST OF THE SPONGE.
WHEN i PUT THE DIAL AND THEN THE HANDS i CAN MOVE THE HANDS THEN IT LOCKS UP AND WON'T RELEASE THE CURSAR. i HAVE TO CONTROL ALT DEL
TO GET OUT.

pLEASE HELP,

gINGER

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Apr 14, 11 5:29 PM
I JUST finished this game. I used the hint feature often. I am very glad I bought this game. it is a very good story, a little different from the others I have played. I was also playing other games so would play this one which is why I took longer than most people.
I found this one took me longer to play which is what I want in a game as I like my purchase to last longer than a day.

1. very good storyline
2. lots of scenes in which you have something to do
3. several types of game play: finding objects, collecting items, and having to think on what to do.
4. Good graphics too
5. takes awhile to finish.

I give this game an EXCELLENT review.

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Apr 15, 11 5:41 AM
This is a very long game which I love, because I only play in the evening. I got my money worth with this one.The game its self is one of the best I have played.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Apr 15, 11 11:19 AM
All I can say is WOW, this game was magnificent! I kept expecting it to end soon like most games and it just went on and on, really good length. The graphics were crystal clear and bright and beautiful, even the story was interesting. I played in expert mode and really didn't have much trouble finding the pieces although I had to use the hint button a few times, but heck, that's what it's for!
The inventory puzzles were very logical, almost like what you would have to do in real life, everything made sense. I have played all the games in this series and they were all excellent and a good length.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Apr 15, 11 7:22 PM
Just finished the game!!!!!!!!! Beautiful,long game .Lots of places to go and things to find.......Loved it!

jusme10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by jusme10 on Apr 20, 11 11:15 AM
loved the game, not just a hidden object game, adventure, great graphics, the whole 9 yards, would like more like this..

[Post New]by doglover05 on Apr 20, 11 12:28 PM
I just finished playing and had to write only my second post ever to say how much I loved every aspect of this game. It is a long play, has morphing objects and HOGS, a good story line and wonderful (and challenging) graphics. It is a lot of game for the money. I see that this is the latest release of the Mystery Island games, so now I'm off to try the other ones.

BTW: thank you to everyone for your reviews. I rely on them to guide me, especially when I'm trying to figure out whether or not I want to buy a game.

picobird
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by picobird on Apr 20, 11 3:12 PM
One word.....AWESOME!!

[Post New]by Peggy1949 on Apr 20, 11 3:53 PM
I just went to finish game and shut it down and said there was an error in finishing HELP!!!!!!!
Peggy1949(Margaret)

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Apr 22, 11 11:17 AM
Great game. Great value for money.

[Post New]by flood99 on Apr 22, 11 1:07 PM
This is a "FANTASTIC" game. of all the bfg's I've purchased or trialed it's by far the best. Had problems with the second oar and clock and was about to give up but got through it. bfg "PLEASE" more of the same.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Apr 22, 11 1:32 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, hope the next one will be just as good!!!

lg919
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by lg919 on Apr 23, 11 6:51 AM
Great game! Have played many HOGs but this was my first FHOG. Played daily for about a week so felt like I got my "moneys worth". Liked story line and graphics. There's no penalty for multiple clicks which, for me, was a nice feature. Hint button refills fairly quickly and also has the ability to direct you when you're not sure about where to go next. This was helpful with the multiple areas/rooms in the game. Anyone played something similar to this game? If so, please reply with game name. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by yiddell67 on Apr 23, 11 2:43 PM
This is one of the best games I have ever played! It is better than the collectors editions. Very long and just hard enough puzzles. I rate it a 10.

Go to: