chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 9, 11 9:51 AM
I bought this game after playing the demo but found it going downhill after the first hour. There are loads of hidden object scenes and I bought the game more as an adventure game. I can cope with hidden object scenes providing they're not small, dark and that they resemble the thing they're supposed to. Well alot of the hidden object scenes were very dark, the items were often very small and some items were totally unrecognisable. I find hidden object scenes pretty boring at the best of times but have struggled to find adventure games without them so have tended to put up with them.

The graphics are ok, the storyline is ok if a bit vague, the music is unobtrusive and the puzzles aren't too difficult but some of them are very time consuming - you know what to do but it takes a long time to do them.
I hated the cursor as it was big and clumsy making it more difficult to pick up some hidden objects. I clicked on quite a few which didn't work but then found out via the hint button that Id been right all along! Annoying!

All in all it was an ok game but certainly didn't grab me and make me want to keep playing. In fact I took several breaks as I got bored with it.

Big hidden object game fans will probably enjoy it.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by silverink on May 11, 11 2:17 PM
I really liked this game. The graphics were great, the story was interesting and the game play was lengthy and somewhat challenging on the advanced level. The hidden object scenes were certainly challenging - I had to use the hint more frequently than usual. I also liked the puzzles, but the placement of the skip button was not the best, as I found on two occasions that I accidentally hit skip and was unable to finish. Also, I found the overall navigation to be somewhat awkward - I clicked in and out of close ups numerous times without meaning to.

In spite of the few flaws, it was a very enjoyable game, and worthy of being a CE. I hope there will be a sequel. I'd like to see a journal with more story details and voices for the next one to make it even better!

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on May 15, 11 12:12 AM
one of the best games I have played good mini games and lasted quite a while.

Edited on 05/15/2011 at 12:12:32 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 18, 11 12:33 PM
peglegann wrote:Nice review CasualGran. Glad to have you back
I am off to try this game now. Happy gaming all!

Shame she deleted her review

aquix
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by aquix on May 26, 11 8:38 PM
Following post is excerpt from Kelvarda response to post of Askold, CEO of Vogat games, re: Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition. Found in PC Forum and edited for brevity and focus of my post:
Kelvarda wrote:
Thank you Askold for joining in the forum. It's always nice when a developer wants our feedback.

I love this game, and am taking my time enjoying it. I only had 12 mins left when I re-surfaced after trying the demo. I would have bought it earlier, but got so engrossed in the gameplay I forgot!

I have not used the inbuilt SG yet, as I love to wander and pry into everything, everywhere. So would like to ask that

a) please do not give us sparklies in Advanced Mode
b) please do not penalize us for over-clicking by making the screen crack/cloud up/go dark/go light or do other crazy things!
c) please make the Inventory drop out of sight when not in use
d) please make the puzzles/mini games just a little bit harder (so we use our brains a bit more), but I did love the inter-active one above the fireplace in the Crypt Keepers house
e) please keep allowing us to access the SG in the demo

I heartily second the above requests for games from this developer and others!

Hmm..

[Post New]by Trixxter on May 27, 11 7:28 PM
A real easy game to let your mind wander into. Good graphics, spooky soundtrack and interesting if not slightly unoriginal storyline!

Synopsis;
You play a troubled sister who is woken in the middle of the night by her brother-in-law, who informs her of her siblings death. Grief stricken, she runs to his manor to investigate her sisters circumstance and finds that she was right to be suspicious. You must investigate his past life...and those of his wives.

A little quick to start, the game begins slightly unrealistically. Those who have played will know what I mean. Gameplay is a little fast paced, and there were one to many HOG scenes for my liking. Having said that, I thought the puzzles were broken and jittery.
fantastic in some areas. Very spooky, nicely executed gothic game.

Had a couple of techincal problems; soundtrack and background noise were often.

Yet to play bonus content, but am looking forward to it.

Not bad A good solid game if you fancy doing a couple of hours good digging in a graveyard uncovering some very big coincidences!

[Post New]by sillydale on May 28, 11 1:14 AM
I haven't finished this game yet. So far I like it. Not an exceptional game by any means, but perfectly nice.

A couple of gripes. The Hidden Object Scenes aren't as well done as they could be. Sometimes you're asked to find 2 butterflies and there's actually 3 butterflies in the scene and the creators didn't notice. Occasionally dialogue from a later part of the game flashes over the screen, e.g. "I have found the emerald potion, but I need to do X." This comes at a point long before you've even been asked to get an emerald potion. This happens more than once. Confusing and annoying.

My main gripe is the soundtrack. Some of it is like elevator music -- tinkle, tinkle, tinkle. This is a dark, gothic game. Why would we want bland elevator music in it?

[Post New]by sillydale on May 28, 11 1:17 AM
I haven't finished this game yet. So far I like it. Not an exceptional game by any means, but perfectly nice.

A couple of gripes. The Hidden Object Scenes aren't as well done as they could be. Sometimes you're asked to find 2 butterflies and there's actually 3 butterflies in the scene and the creators didn't notice. Occasionally dialogue from a later part of the game flashes over the screen, e.g. "I have found the emerald potion, but I need to do X." This comes at a point long before you've even been asked to get an emerald potion. This happens more than once. Confusing and annoying.

My main gripe is the soundtrack. Some of it is like elevator music -- tinkle, tinkle, tinkle. This is a dark, gothic game. Why would we want bland elevator music in it?

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Jun 10, 11 11:41 PM
I really enjoyed the game and I liked the Interactive scenes. However, I was disappointed by the abrupt ending to bonus level. SPOILER* I also thought the evil woman manipulates poor sap into doing her bidding and she only wants souls so she can stay pretty so cliched. End SPOILER However, it was enjoyable up until the ending.

[Post New]by JJCRS365 on Jun 14, 11 2:39 PM
I LOVED this game!!! Although, like many of you have said, it had abrupt endings for both the bonus level and the actual game. But, anyway, I loved the rest of it! And the twist in bonus gameplay - SPOILER:

I really liked how Richard turned out good, and it wasn't him that was actually doing those things to those poor women.

[Post New]by Leila_Mills on Jun 20, 11 1:58 AM
JJCRS365 wrote:

I really liked how Richard turned out good, and it wasn't him that was actually doing those things to those poor women.

you know, the same with me - I also love the unexpected turns, when the evil one turns out to be the fluffy victim!

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on Jul 30, 11 10:09 AM
pretty good game. i think they could've had more dramatic music towards the end, but overall pretty good

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Aug 14, 11 5:56 AM
Very good game, good graphics, good sound, nice storyline and the bonus gameplay was not too short.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Oct 23, 11 3:54 PM
Soooo took me a while to get to playing this (my back log is tragic AND EARS and BFG keep coming out with lovely things to distract me....)

First - loved it! And "OW" my brain hurts! This game was really hard! Some of us play so many of these games we get cocky & boy howdy did this one make me earn each potion! The graphics were drop dead too! If you're cruising through this forum (as I often do) pondering "Should I get that game I didn't get when it came out?"....get this one! Also for me totally worth the CE to get the beautiful wallpapers! Sometimes I don't agree on which scenes devs choose for those - but this game had a lovely selection!!

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:23 AM
Love the Soundtracks! Great Gameplay!

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Nov 20, 11 6:41 PM
Got this game as a birthday gift. I thought it was great; I definitely would have bought it on my own. The graphics were beautiful, and the story was interesting. Puzzles/minigames were doable without being too easy. The length was good, but I would have liked the bonus section to be a little longer.

[Post New]by DLM0300 on Jan 19, 12 12:02 PM
I have almost all of the Big Fish games and I loved this one!!! I played almost all night. The Hidden Objects in this game are wonderful and the mini games are hard but solvable all the same. I highly recommend this game to everyone. Keep it up BF I could not get though the week without you!!!

[Post New]by Ducky1294 on Jul 21, 12 10:17 PM
I am new to this here & I hope I am in the right forum for help.

My problem is when I got to the second level my system locked up & I had no choice but to uninstall & then reinstall the game. Now I during the first level I was to fast & I didn't get some of the items I needed. So my question is can you restart a section only vs completely starting over un a new name?

review based on trial only

[Post New]by HaroldPutter on Feb 18, 13 5:58 AM
Graphics are blurred, HO scenes are Fragmented Objects that will cause damage to the eyes and minigames are just silly and some are made to be challenging in very odd ways (I am curious, did anyone manage to trap the fairy in the second mini-game? I jsut gave up after 15 minutes)

but everything else in the game is great!

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Oct 13, 13 6:33 AM
The strategy guide in my game is for another game entirely.

Go to: