scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by scpotamus on May 1, 11 1:32 PM
wow! I just slogged through 9 pages of comments and I knew I was going to buy this game as a CE right after I demoed it as the TGT. I finished the whole thing today. I was amazed at the different opinions on this. I was born in 61 in America. My father fought in ww2 and my grandfather in ww1.....Maybe I missed something, but other than a brief reference to this being after the first war, I don't see much having to do with any reality! I find it to be much more like some one said (sorry after 9 pages of comments I should have made notes) that it was more like an X-Men story than anything having to do with reality. All of the soldiers embued with paranormal mutation volunteered. They were facing death due to grievous wounds it was a choice between dying or trying the experiments. They try the experiments. I'm sure many people can see where when you are faced with death or an experimental, even paranormally embued choice between life (of some sort) or death, some would choose the experiment. I see this as way Comic book. There was no gore that I remember other than some things in red. I've seen WAY worse in other games gore wise.
I found this game to be Outstanding in length, graphics, interest, minigame uniqueness (even though many are re-do's of others, they were different enough to allow me to enjoy them)-- I will say that I was disappointed that the mini games from the bonus chapter don't seem to be included in the minigame extra section and I found...I guess it was the last minigame in the bonus section one of the most thought provoking...course I spent three days playing this game and no less than 2 hours, sometimes more, per session.
I found this game to be one of the best I have ever played. I love the old stuff in the hog scenes and the interactive parts. I was thrilled with the "place the object in the scene" parts...it gets you thinking in a different way! Yes it is a challenge, I don't know anything about the SG since I never used it.
I would like to know, where you can find out how long you played the game...if there is a place to find that.

I think this is absolutely well worth buying as a CE. The bonus chapter is VERY long...unfortunately it reverts to easy mode, so there are sparkles but they aren't too irritating. A number of new hog scenes and almost no repeat clicks (ie, even though you may have to look at the same scene again, you almost never have to click on the same things that you had to before) Excellent!!!

Voice_Mail
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Voice_Mail on May 1, 11 6:38 PM
I enjoyed this game. The setting reminded me a bit of Green Hills too, but the story is definitely different. You did get to collect case files like in Green Hills though - and each opened a cut scene. I thought the cut scenes looked good, voice acting was also good. And the graphics looked great too.

I played through on advanced mode, and it was definitely more of a challenge. I did have to use the walkthrough a couple of times because I had missed some things such as (spoiler?) a puzzle that was hidden under a pillow, so there was a bit of backtracking for me. Playing on advanced mode is definitely more fun, and I was a little bit sad that the bonus chapter apparently could only be played in Standard mode (that I could find?). However, the bonus chapter is long and well worth it. Plus it hints that there is going to be another game at the end. Haha.

The **** scenes were nice, and I especially liked the ones where you had to put objects into specific places in the scenes. The puzzles throughout the game were also enjoyable and not too frustrating or anything.

There are also trophies (in the form of medals) to earn, which adds some replay value.

So I would recommend this for anyone not put off by the WWI/ experimentation subject matter.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 3, 11 2:18 AM
Absolutely loved this game!! Brilliant. I am currently researching WW1 and really loved the military feel. There is nothing about this game I didn't like. I like the X-men style story, I like the dark, eerie feel and the story was so good, it was even sad! Loved the music!!!! Paranormal subject matter, with no ghosts!? Yay! And the bonus game was soooo long and worth the extra CE price. Real integrity on the developers part in making the collector's edition super special. Awesome!! When's the next one?

[Post New]by Columbia999 on May 3, 11 5:44 AM
Well, I was trying to hold off buying any more CEs because I don't think they are very good value most of the time; but I've played half an hour of the demo and am sorely tempted to hit the "buy" button! This game is great!

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on May 3, 11 3:50 PM
What a great game!!!!! I just finished it ~ finished the Bonus Adventure too... didn't make it into the top scores, but that all right...

I hope the next one won't be made for the Intel Macs only, or won't only run in OS5... because for now, because of the art programs I have on my computer, I have to stick with OS4....

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 5, 11 9:38 PM
LOVED IT!! Keep them coming!!

I agree with the already mentioned; more X-men/X-files feel...
Just difficult enough to be guided, not hand-held while playing, (in difficult mode)

Good story, characters, original mini-games and clarity on objects....
Especially liked an extended Bonus content--THIS IS A GOOD THING...
I put that in BOLD so the DEVELOPERS TAKE NOTE!!!!

Looking forward to the next one...
318Pisces

[Post New]by ginabeutler on May 5, 11 11:10 PM
gea1988 wrote:I'm stuck! I'm at the hidden elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball. Anyone know where it is so I can finish? Thanks

I am having the same problem, anyone with a solution we would really appreciate it. I have went through every room and hinted as to where the telekinesis is and it is nowhere to be found. HELP PLEASE!!!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 7, 11 7:26 AM
Really enjoyed this game, but was unable to get the bonus game to work. Mouse would not respond and I had to use the task manager to get out of the game....hope you are able to access the bonus game. Otherwise, it was a great game.

moysy1
Clownfish
Clownfish
587 Posts

[Post New]by moysy1 on May 7, 11 3:13 PM
This game has got to go into my top 10, I really enjoyed the story and puzzles. Very well thought out and difficult enough without being totally frustrating. Got good replay value for me, must get all the postcards next time around.The bonus game was also very enjoyable. Hope all of those having trouble getting into the bonus section succeed, its well worth it, in fact I would say the bonus game is better than some games I bought lately . A sequel must be coming along judging by the epilogue. Lets hope its not too long.

country2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by country2 on May 15, 11 6:32 AM
BrendaRisk wrote:
spidyriffic wrote: STUCK AT THE ELAVATOR! HELP! cant find the medallion thingy the one with the hand on it???? ANYONE???
This game is challenging and fun. Unlike some of the other reviews I love the creepiness! The art work is impressive. I am a die hard MCF fan and not many games can hold a candle to it. but this one is close.

Did you ever get a responce to this, I'm stuck with the same situation and gone over and
ovmer things until I'm pulling my hair out. Any help appreciated.

country2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by country2 on May 15, 11 6:33 AM
ginabeutler wrote:
gea1988 wrote:I'm stuck! I'm at the hidden elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball. Anyone know where it is so I can finish? Thanks

I am having the same problem, anyone with a solution we would really appreciate it. I have went through every room and hinted as to where the telekinesis is and it is nowhere to be found. HELP PLEASE!!!
me to looked every where

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 16, 11 6:54 AM
This was an excellent game. The story was good and the adventure elements were great (and none too easy on difficult mode - I admit I was glad to have the strategy guide a few times). The puzzles were pretty easy, but were fun and the hidden object scenes were a bit challenging if you were going for the achievements. The game was really long - probably the longest bonus I've seen in a CE, although much in that last section was made up of hidden object scenes. The graphics were very good, but I missed the extra content such as wall papers, which would have been fun to have for this game. I loved the extras that were there - the postcard search and achievements really added a lot to the game play.

I have one major complaint with the game, however, and that is that it began to malfunction in the bonus section and locked me up with a freezing cursor so that I had to use task manager to escape. ( I contacted customer support - waiting for a response). After numerous attempts, I managed to get back into the game, but was afraid to close it again, so had to play straight through, which I did not really want to do. So that was the downside.

Otherwise a great game - I would love to see a sequel!

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on May 17, 11 10:33 AM
I also loved this game. I just have one tiny complaint: It didn't tell me when I completed the regular gameplay. I had finished, but with no end titles or anything else telling me that I had done so, I just kept looking around for something else to do. I finally broke down and checked the strategy guide and figured out that I had done everything, so clicked on the bonus section. Personally, I prefer a little sense of completion.

ETA: After I exited and went back into the game, I finally got my ending. I guess it was just a little glitch. Also, one other thing I found annoying was the sound that happened every time I changed scenes or even every time I clicked the mouse on something outside of a **** scene or mini game. I found it overly dramatic and VERY annoying. Yes, I know I could have turned the sound off, but I do like the voice overs and the other sound affects, so I like to play with the sound on. Overall though, a wonderful game, excellent bonus section and worth buying the CE.

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 2:12:38 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 11 7:20 AM
SPOILERISH ALERT

Further to my comment on Page 1 where I said the Devs needed glasses for saying that "Nothing else here looks useful" ...

what happened later in the game ...

I had to go fetch

ROTFLMFO ... told you so

This game has got to be one of best value Collector's Editions made so far and it is one of the very few times I have not been disappointed with the length of the Bonus adventure.

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 7:30:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Frogee14 on May 31, 11 6:54 AM
Enjoy the game, however, I am stuck and near the end this challenge. I still need two (2) medals for the game to proceed. Still aware I need to contain yet another ghost-spirit in ending this final (?) attempt. However, I still need the Invisible Man's medal...have the nexus tube ... already....just no medal from that capture. Unable to locate it. Currently no way to remove the actual medals from doorways. Replay the game to find where I went wrong and again and again I get stuck at this spot.
Eyes are getting old and the darkness of the hidden-objects are not easy on my eyes. Do you have a Senior Citizen version?
Guess I have to either take more medicine or continue to replay the game over and over till I get / find the device I need to complete the game.
Wish the puzzles were more logical and sane, even though the hospital is an fun my brain isn't in tune to the challenge as some of the solutions are bizzare.
Seems to sort through all the players posts/messages could have a better organized system and FAQ would be better searched. Maybe any solution going through each and every question/comment and review is part just part of the game. That is, there is no way to actually do a search for a specific solution/guide/hint for any specific player.
In Unity, Frogee14

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 9:52:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Frogee14 on Jun 1, 11 9:55 AM
ginabeutler wrote:
gea1988 wrote:I'm stuck! ...elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball.

...same problem, anyone with a solution we would really appreciate it. I have went through every room and hinted as to where the telekinesis is and it is nowhere to be found. HELP PLEASE!!!

Well DITTO and so far I've not found any solution ... PLEASE email me if you do get a hint. Seems the Posts are ... well confusing to search for hints/solutions.
In Unity, Frogee14

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jun 2, 11 7:38 PM
I enjoyed this game. Lots of fun. Not frustrating at all. I only collected 19 out of 20 post cards. Went back to every scene using the strategy guide and still couldn't find the missing one. What do you get for collecting them all? Only thing I didn't like was having to adjust my screen resolution to get full screen.

DriftNinja
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by DriftNinja on Jun 7, 11 8:34 PM
Overall grade: 8/10

The story was fun and kept me entertained throughout the adventure. I was caught off guard quite a few times when many of the objects i needed were right in front of me.

The mini games were probably the most fun, and... some of them were especially annoying. Do not do the fish game in the bonus adventure when your tired and unfocused! lol.

I like that it hinted at another game, and i'd certainly buy the sequel as soon as its ready. This was quite a fun play, and the cut-scenes were entertaining. It ALMOST feels like FEAR in a way.

Words of advice for the sequel:

1. Better soundtrack: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEAASSEE use a stronger arrangement of music and not the same thing for every room.

2. Longer play, more places to explore: I felt that some things were to easy... the bonus adventure was to short, it was all going back and forth and that sort of made things both boring and irritating. Try to make it more thrilling.. more story perhaps and more areas you can explore. That includes more item finding as well.

3. Boss fight mini-game idea. Instead of just using items, how about a turn baised RPG thing to make the boss fights more challenging? HP/MP, perhaps a level system. Random battles as you are looking around, etc. That could add a new style of gameplay to this series (assuming it is going to be one), and encourage longer play time. It would also give the atmosphere a more creepy feel since you never know when somethings going to jump out and attack you.

This game, although it is a hidden object, easily has the makings of a Large File/RPG combo. The creators could choose to take hidden object games into a new uncharted direction with just the story alone.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Why can't all the CE Hidden Object games be like this?

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jun 10, 11 2:06 PM
This is a great game, fun, good HOG scenes and plenty of them, good minigames, nice length and generous bonus content. A+++ can't wait for the next one!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Aug 28, 11 9:18 AM
This is a truly exceptional value for a CE game! The game is long, with an interesting story, and I was impressed with the length of the bonus game, which was nearly as long as Hound of the Baskervilles. There are many unique and difficult puzzles. Achievements goals make the game even more interesting. Some h.o. items were hard to find, and I enjoyed the backwards h.o. - place the objects in the correct place in the scene. My time was way too long because of skipping the flippin' music puzzles which added 30 min. for each skip, but that's my fault. I'll definitely have to play again to try to achieve all the goals.

I was impressed that the developers seem to be listening to their customers. There were NO music scores, desktop images, screensavers or concept art --- but instead a list of achievements and all the mini games to play any time I choose. Definitely adds to the value of a CE for me. Glad to see from the hint at the end that there will be a sequel.

Since I got this in the CE sale for just 6.99, I certainly got my money's worth and then some! This game I would consider one of my 5 best games of the year in terms of gameplay, challenge and length=value.

Go to: