MaryD1215
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by MaryD1215 on May 6, 11 10:06 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the graphics? Every time I go into one of the HOG scenes, the graphics start rolling and I can't really play it. VERY frustrating....
Any suggestions?

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 7, 11 6:19 AM
long game, excellent value for money

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 7, 11 11:09 AM
This game turned out to be quite a fun surprise. Everything worked for me from graphics, mechanics, puzzles, storyline. Enjoyed my time playing and will replay in the future when CRS clicks in and I forget where the objects are.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on May 8, 11 12:41 PM
I had read the mediocre reviews and wasn't expecting much....and that's exactly what I got. Not the worst game ever, but just nothing special. It's a shame that so much time and expertise goes into some games that are just variations on a (boring) theme.

TWO OF FIVE STARS.

[Post New]by LadyWolfSpirit on May 8, 11 6:29 PM
I hated this game...was a hodge podge of junk...no challenge and just plain boring

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 9, 11 1:03 PM

What a nice long game! A good blend of H0 and puzzle, some walking around but not too bad, not as bad as some. Not too spooky or nasty, and the game keeps to its internal logic which is always good. I liked this one a lot.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on May 9, 11 1:04 PM
Did you uninstall and reinstall? What are you running on? Some older computers don't handle the newer games well.

MaryD1215 wrote:Has anyone else had problems with the graphics? Every time I go into one of the HOG scenes, the graphics start rolling and I can't really play it. VERY frustrating....
Any suggestions?

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on May 17, 11 10:23 AM
Great length, nice ratio between HOGS and puzzles and I love the D & E footage. Also objects are easy to find. AND, best of all, it is not a CE so I could use one of my codes!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on May 17, 11 11:56 PM
There must be something wrong with this game.....there is NO floating cursor! Definite buy.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 18, 11 8:02 AM
Thought I was going to like it at first but then it just became very tedious. Same ol', same ol'. One of those I just wanted to finish and get rid of. If a long game is what you want, it is that. I thought it would never end. Not the worst game but not something I would ever want to play again,
Looks like it's set up for a sequel. Don't think I be .

Power switch for Dark Ritual

[Post New]by woodnhead on May 18, 11 12:11 PM
I got the switch from the room upstairs and installed it in the power room but the switch will not move down to turn the power off. I am not aware of anything I missed prior to installing the switch. What now??

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on May 20, 11 7:54 PM
I thought this game was just ok and it finished too quick for me. I didn't think it was that long. It was somewhat boring for me and not something i would want to play again. Game ran very well and there were nil technical issues, i will say that.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 25, 11 8:18 PM
Creepy scary and spooky. The trifecta of not for me. The game is great, just tooo much for me. I enjoyed the puzzles. The HOG games were junk piles but it kinda fit the scenes as the place is run down. The hint recharges and is very detailed. I jumped several times during the hour demo and while it's a great game...I like sleep.
Hats off to the devs who scared me silly.

This game is an A.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 30, 11 7:05 AM
I totally enjoyed this game. The HOG scenes did not bog you down forever searching for items, but still could be a challenge. Hint refreshed quickly so you could keep moving along if you got stumped. Storyline was good. Thing to remember is to not get cocky about moving your curser around too fast. Go slowly. I found a lot of hints and things to pick up which made the next step easier. Without these, you could get bogged down, so move your curser slowly to make sure you hit all areas of each scene. For those who got too critical too quickly and didn't finish the game...you missed out. Good length too. Definately worth your money.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jun 8, 11 4:33 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote: I sure wish the develpers would give us some different storylines. How about some Sci Fi? I would Love that!

Boy Howdy, me too! I'd love to see some Sci-Fi storylines in the Big Fish games, plus something a bit different in the storylines besides, "save your sister-father-grandfather-brother-child-spouse-partner" (why does it never seem to be the mother, or have I missed that?, lol.). I mean, I do realize we are humans and all roads lead back to the interconnectedness of family and friends (and teachers/mentors, etc), but......o wait......we haven't saved the family dog yet, or did I miss that one...and the cat, too? Hmm...there WAS an almost extinct beetle (grin). Anyway, some Sci-Fi storylines would be most welcome! Cheers ~

Oops, forgot to mention that I played the demo of Dark Ritual, and it has decent graphics, but it just seemed kinda "so-so" and "been there-done that" and others with much better game-play than this one had. So it won't be a buy for me.

Edited on 06/08/2011 at 4:38:19 PM PST

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Jun 8, 11 10:38 PM
i just finished the game !!!! is there going to be a sequel !!!???
the two officers with dr. brown had glowing blue eyes !!!
smells like a sequel to me.

if there is something in the works, i would not be sad !!!

huggs & kisses,

puppyalpha

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Jul 10, 11 8:20 AM
Hello:

I am loving this game. The trial period ran out before I was able to
exit to see if it saved where I was at or started me at the beginning of
a chapter. No worry, I paid for it, went back and was where I was before it kicked me out.

It is easy going, different, and not too creepy.

Gotta get back to the game. Bye!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 19, 11 6:46 PM
I really liked the visual effects that they used for the visions (a bit like Phantasmat), and they did a good job of revealing the back story. The graphics were good for both the locations and hidden object scenes, and the background music was non-intrusive and pretty good.

The puzzles and hidden object scenes were of average difficulty, but pretty fun to play. There wasn't much backtracking and I never got stuck in the game. I was a little confused as to why all of the buildings were in such poor condition. It felt a bit like playing Lost in the City. Maybe I missed something in the story? They looked good, even if they didn't make sense.

I really liked the way the story unfolded, even if there were no big surprises or twists, and it was pretty fun overall!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 12:16 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Aug 6, 11 10:52 AM
Just finished. Excellent length and great game all around!

Go to: