huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by huffpatsy on May 8, 11 10:03 AM
Great game, altho due to a couple of tech issues--one at the bank night vault, had to start over, second time made it but had trouble w/ the hint button but kept refering to strategy guide. Love these kind of games, just don't have enough of them.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bpup on May 8, 11 10:10 AM
Just looked up the other Elephant Games that BF carries:

Lost in the City
Bloom

If you like pipe puzzles, you'll like Bloom. I'm going to have to give Lost in the City a try.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 10:49 AM
Bpup wrote:Just looked up the other Elephant Games that BF carries:

Lost in the City
Bloom

If you like pipe puzzles, you'll like Bloom. I'm going to have to give Lost in the City a try.

Good information, Bpup thanks for passing it along. I'm so impressed with the gameplay in Raincliff, that I'm going to try those other two as well.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 8, 11 11:47 AM
I wish I wouldn't have bought this game. Because of a technical problem which I posted in the technical problems, I had to start the game completely over. Then I missed something that I should have got but couldn't go back to get it so I guess I'll have to start completely over again if I start over. I'm about to say forget it all. $14 down the drain.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 8, 11 12:40 PM
mary102696 wrote:I wish I wouldn't have bought this game. Because of a technical problem which I posted in the technical problems, I had to start the game completely over. Then I missed something that I should have got but couldn't go back to get it so I guess I'll have to start completely over again if I start over. I'm about to say forget it all. $14 down the drain.

That's so discouraging. I almost thought I had missed something as well but it turns out I was looking at the wrong item so phew. However, I am considering the possibility of starting over for the sole purpose of being able to play the bonus content again. Too bad it didn't save the game in sections.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on May 8, 11 1:00 PM
What a brilliant game. Thanks again BFG and Elephant. Took me days, not playing all the time though! I found it very hard and needed a lot of hints which thankfully don't take to long to re-charge. I found some of the objects quite difficult to find but to me, thats what I like about this type of game. (I like to get my monies worth especially on a CE!) Definate shades of Dire Grove about it with loads of back tracking as I kept forgetting where things were needed to be used.Mini games were pretty logical as well.In my humble opinion I reckon that this game is going to become a classic of the HOG genre alongside the MCF's and the aforementioned Dire Grove. Keep up the brilliant work developers and BFG.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on May 8, 11 1:57 PM
Loved the game!!! But-I wore out three pair of running shoes and two pair of combat boots whew!!! That is the only thing I will say about it is you go back and forth somany times, I was getting a little dizzy (well more than normal that is) I really did like it though!

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on May 8, 11 3:57 PM
Brilliant game...this is the kind of HOG that I absolutely love.....more please like this....lasted ages and played well....really enjoyed it and definitely want more HOG in this vein xxx excellent

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 8, 11 4:34 PM
Very nice game with great graphics and a good story line.
However the in game hints make the strategy guide included with this CE game unneeded.
Anyone considering the extra cost for in game strategy guides included with the CE version
would be better off waiting for the standard version to come out next month.
Still, I am glad I bought it.
Thanks BFG!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on May 8, 11 6:28 PM
I would like to give a huge round of applause for Elephant Games for creating this gem! I loved every minute of it. I played nearly all H0G games out, but there are very few that I just couldnt wait to finish (meaning a game that I will finish before I play another game I've started. Usually I play a bit of one, then a bit of another). This was one! Others were Dire Grove, Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel, Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies and Stray Souls.

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by carolina67 on May 9, 11 4:23 AM
I love this game enough to have patience. I'm stuck at a glitch and cannot go any further until the upgrades are finished. Hopefully, all of the different glitches will be worked out. Just hope I don't have to start over. No matter what, I am ok about waiting.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on May 9, 11 5:41 AM
I am stuck also, at the cafe. I played the game under a different name to see if I liked it, and I did, I LOVE it, but when I put in a new name, and I tried a lot, the badge is gone on the jacket sitting on the stool at the cafe. And its necessary for being able to open the safe at the sheriffs apartment. So I tried everything, reinstalls, restart the computer, etc all the things you do and still no badge. If it can't be fixed within the week I am getting a refund which really makes me sad.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

very tedious

[Post New]by kpajak on May 9, 11 6:38 AM
I like the game enough, but it doesn't have a good flow to it, by the time I find an item, I forget what it went to ! I like a challenge, but this is just very disjointed.

very tedious

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 9, 11 6:39 AM
kpajak wrote:I like the game enough, but it doesn't have a good flow to it, by the time I find an item, I forget what it went to ! I like a challenge, but this is just very disjointed.

That's half the fun of it. You make a few notes as you go along as to where you find things. Sometimes you won't use an item until you're a long ways into the game.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 9, 11 6:43 AM
patcam52 wrote:I am stuck also, at the cafe. I played the game under a different name to see if I liked it, and I did, I LOVE it, but when I put in a new name, and I tried a lot, the badge is gone on the jacket sitting on the stool at the cafe. And its necessary for being able to open the safe at the sheriffs apartment. So I tried everything, reinstalls, restart the computer, etc all the things you do and still no badge. If it can't be fixed within the week I am getting a refund which really makes me sad.

Well, when you start a new game under a new name of course it's going to be a whole new game. You're starting over right? Otherwise only one person would be able to play the game at one time. So of course you're going to lose anything you did under the original player. Reinstalling and restarting isn't going to make any difference. Asking for a refund is unfair IMO because there's nothing to fix. I guess my question would be why did you start another game to begin with? Why not just keep going in the first game?

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 6:44:47 AM PST

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on May 9, 11 7:25 AM
Now that my friends is (was) a GAME!!! This game is a must-have and I thank the developers for all the work and effort they put into this one. It's long and has beautiful art work. They might have to start a new category: Super Collector's Edition. Thanks again

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on May 9, 11 10:29 AM
OK some days later coming back with my review. With highest speed internet available here in Nowhere took an hour to dl - mind I "bought blind" and by the time I'd done that and gotten back to look at forums there were pages upon pages of tech issues

That said - I've experienced none - so far...not sure how far along I am (hours worth) - I think just better than 1/2 way (??) By way of review - I do like it - it's certainly compelling - but...I felt too much time was spent back and forth in the initial areas - I found myself thinking "boy I hope there's more scenery to look at SOMEtime!!" There is an element of fun trying to remember what you need to find and what goes where - but boy howdy was I tired of the pharmacy & watch shop etc.

Love the extra frogs - but I love frogs in general. Might be having glitches with achievements - seems I should've gotten the "3 **** scenes without using a hint" loooong before I got it. Wasn't counting **** scenes - but surely did more than 3 before I got the award (and am avoiding the Hint button at all costs - haven't even hovered over it for any reason lol) Same with the not skipping games award - will reserve final judgment when I've finished - see if the "catch up".

Upshot - it is well worth the CE price and time to download - but still won't top Dire Grove as my all time favorite & BFG & ERS still stand as my "developers of cohoice".

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 9, 11 11:40 AM
I just finished Mystery Trackers Raincliff CE.,nearly, in one sitting ! I started at about 1:00pm. and couldn't quit til I:30am. when I started to loose feeling in my legs! Boy is my **** sore! Sunday dinner is usually a big deal at our house, last night I ordered Pizza! I've been waiting for a game like this since Dire Grove! The storyline was great, (good and spooky!) Gameplay was AWESOME! The difficulty level very challenging, which I personally need. If it's too easy I don't bother! I have purchased and played some really great games from BFG, this one was right up there at the top of the list! Graphics, music ,overall visuals, wonderful! Even the Bonus play was good. Although I don't like to use Hints or Strategy Guide,as a rule, I was glad to see SG integrated and hints outside ****'s. It gets my vote! If you haven't played it, treat yourself and down the Demo,you'll be glad you did!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 9, 11 12:58 PM
Maybe I'm just slow in the mind today, but I found myself having to consult the Strategy Guide at every turn. It's not as much fun if you're just following the instructions---it's like putting together a piece of IKEA furniture.

Another haunted ghost town, another set of turn-the-tiles puzzles...I found it somewhat uninspired. At least it's not another save-your-lost-relative game. Yawn.

I didn't experience any technical issues, but I just didn't enjoy the trial enough to pay $13.99 in order to continue the game. It's a shame, I really enjoyed the first one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 9, 11 1:32 PM
I only just finished the game, and absolutely loved it. I also loved the bonus game - am really glad I got the CE.

This game is far superior to Mystery Trackers: The Void.

The gameplay is fantastic, and I loved being scared all the time. Well, no, didn`t love it, but it was kind of fun - after my heart stopped beating so fast. LOL

The only complain I have is that there was not a map, which could have been used to jump from place to place. In the end there was a lot of walking around, and it got a little tiring.

But apart from that, first class game all round. Loved having to find the frogs as well.

Forgot to add: I didn´t use the Strategy Guide, because whenever I got stuck, I just had to click on the HINT button, and I got precise instruction what to do next.

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 1:34:02 PM PST

Go to: