Questions to developers

fnlalesi
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Questions to developers

[Post New]by fnlalesi on May 8, 11 7:00 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed here (too many posts to wade through), but I know it's been a problem for others in it's own thread, with no apparent solution. In the chain link puzzle mini game in the bonus game, not all of the chains line up on center in order to solve the puzzle unless it's solved quickly (I assume). I've worked on this for 2 full days now (longer than it took me to finish the game), and eventually you can get a problem area to line up, but by then the others don't. I can't skip the game in hard mode, and not sure how much more of my life I can dedicate to this - is there any way around this?

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on May 8, 11 7:10 AM
The police badge has vanished. I did everything I could think of, restarted using different names, I uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the computer and still no badge. And I have to have it for the safe in the sherriffs apartment. Don't know what else to try, I love the game and would like a fix more than my money back. All there is on the jacket is a small white star, no badge. This is in the cafe and on easy mode. Please someone help, developer? I don't want to get my money back, I tried again this morning the the badge is GONE, just a little star there and that won't open the sherriffs safe!!!!!!!!!! I paid $13.99 and can't even play.

Riverman73
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Riverman73 on May 8, 11 7:40 AM
I think i have almost finished the regular game. But now i am running into a glitch that doesn't let me finish the game!

Bella is waiting for me at Oak lane with the van (next the to the police car). I should have put the thinner student (with the long hair and the red sweater) in the van first, but unfortunately i did forget that.
I am now stuck at a zoomscreen with the student in the coffin in the church and can't get out of it anymore.
I have tried to go back and forth to the main menu, tried ctrl-alt-delete and I did restart the game. But i keep coming back to that zoom-screen.

When i click on the hint-button it says that i should put the long-haired student in the van first, but as I said, i cant get out of the zoom-screen anymore.

Anyone else encountered this problem? And if so did you found your way out of it?

Or maybe there is developer reading here who can help?

Its a very annoying glitch, because i am almost at the end of the game and I fear i have to start all over because of that.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on May 8, 11 9:17 AM
What a fantastic game developers the best IHOG ever! It took me 2 days /played on and off/ to complete the main game on hard mode and without any glitches I love the puzzles and the game is very logical, if you take your time to think it through, don't even need the SG . You guys are geniuses!!! Only bad part is ,it's almost over, I just have the bonus chapter to complete, but will definitely replay it in the near future.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 8, 11 9:19 AM
Fantastic game! Well executed, Thank you. I look forward to your next release!!!

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 8, 11 10:47 AM
I like the mystrey tracker series, I am looking forward to the next one. I enjoyed Raincliff very much. I do hope that a 'fix' will be available soon for the glitches in the bonus game ( mine was with the mini game in the air ship not showing any symbols even when i changed profiles and went from hard to advanced mode.) Great game tho. enjoyed the story line. I love a good mystery. Thank you for another great game.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 8, 11 11:38 AM
I thought the lead-in to the bonus play was brilliant: as the van drove away at the end, I felt abandoned (why was I being left behind?!)...and then I realized [spoiler alert] that I was probably supposed to track down the father in the bonus content. I also really like the shift from seeing the phantoms as enemies to realizing they were friends in the game.

As for the bonus play, we all obviously would have preferred no glitsches, though I have to commend other fishies for realizing that you could play the mouse game by looking at whether a finger appeared--thanks for the help! I really liked the minigames that worked (like the three-lock door), though I did think we had to run around a lot without enough puzzles or minigames. I also think the tiger might have been an interesting addition--if one could have tamed it, of course. Some of the scenes were a bit tricky since we had all been over the same terrain, which was also a good feature--I totally missed [spoiler alert] the wheel on the mill and had to spend a lot of time going back to each scene and returned to after having been in nearly every other scene.

On reflection, I prefer not to have a lead-in to the next game because it always feels like a commercial, and I don't think Elephant Games needs to advertise because your games are always superior. I did like the idea that we be able to see the frogs. Could they have had some role in the bonus play?

Thanks for another entertaining game!

Edited to add spoiler alerts.

Edited on 05/08/2011 at 11:39:02 AM PST

[Post New]by ElephantGames on May 8, 11 1:28 PM
Hi guys, (removed by moderator) Thank you everybody for your patience and Happy Mothers Day to all!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 10:40:58 AM PST

jorjan23
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jorjan23 on May 8, 11 5:36 PM
Help ! I've gotten to the dragon gate and discovered that I don't have the last piece. I realize that I must have missed it somewhere in the beginning and now I can't retrive it. I really can't remember where I found the other three. Brilliant game, but we should be allowed to go back and retrieve those lost items in order to continue.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on May 8, 11 5:58 PM
I played the game on the hardest mode and I loved it. I just started the bonus chapter and there are sparkles everywhere! What happened? Any way to get rid of the sparkles? Looks like it plays on the easy mode.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on May 8, 11 6:00 PM
ElephantGames wrote:First of all - we are greatly inspired with your comments on MT Void. Thank you for all I would really appreciate you can tell me what we can do better in our games, what do you like and don't like about Mystery Trackers, what do you enjoy the most in the HOPAs in general-quest part, Hidden Object scenes or minigames .

My response would be:
QUEST has my #1 vote;
with minigames #2; and
H0Gs falling in-line as #3.
Thanks for asking.

[Post New]by ellcee on May 8, 11 9:33 PM
ElephantGames wrote:First of all - we are greatly inspired with your comments on MT Void. Thank you for all I would really appreciate you can tell me what we can do better in our games, what do you like and don't like about Mystery Trackers, what do you enjoy the most in the HOPAs in general-quest part, Hidden Object scenes or minigames .

This is about Mystery Trackers Raincliff (MTR). Your game is great! Great story line, fantastic imagination. I was getting pretty tired of the HOGs with plots centered around the supernatural, witches and fairies. MTR has a great plot, a different kind of mystery! I love a good mystery and this one had sort of a science fiction twist to it. Wonderful!

In this order, I like:

1) The quest. This is the reason I buy a game. If the story line is strong enough and well told as it unfolds through the quest, you walk away in the end satisfied and thoroughly entertained.

2) The minigames. I do like minigames as much as the quest, if they're relevant to the story. If they're just fillers, no, I don't like them.

3) The hidden object scenes (my least favorite). If there are too many hidden object scenes, that will make the game tedious for me. Also, sometimes objects are too hard to see. I don't mind searching for objects, but I don't want to spend my time squinting. If I'm searching because the objects are well integrated with the surroundings and not because I'm pixel hunting, then those hidden object scenes are quite enjoyable, like in Raincliff. I could see the objects, when I could find them (fitted well with the environment and made it challenging without being too difficult).

However, I did have a problem with one of the minigames--the bank code. Couldn't figure it out, even after reading the strategy guide over and over. Unfortunately, I ended up skipping that one. Also, in the extra content of the CE version, the first and last minigames had glitches and I wasn't able to play them. I didn't skip the last minigame, because I read somewhere here in the forums that you're releasing a patch pretty soon, and I decided to wait and give it another try with the fix. Other than those glitches, no problems whatsoever.

All aspects of this game--the quest, the minigames and the hidden object scenes--worked well together, complimenting each other. It seems as if you've developed a reputation for quality among the Big Fish gamers. We look forward to experiencing your next creation.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on May 8, 11 9:36 PM
jorjan23 wrote:Help ! I've gotten to the dragon gate and discovered that I don't have the last piece. I realize that I must have missed it somewhere in the beginning and now I can't retrive it. I really can't remember where I found the other three. Brilliant game, but we should be allowed to go back and retrieve those lost items in order to continue.

You can go back. If you can't remember where you got the three, look at the one that's missing and then do a search through the SG. It might take some time, but I"m sure you'll find it. If it's that much trouble, tell me which one it is and I'll look in the SG for you.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on May 9, 11 12:33 AM
WOW!!! I don't know where to begin...This game is really the best I can't believe how good it is...surely this could knock MCF off their top slot for brilliance in the realm of HOG,adventure, and puzzle games?? The storyline is great, the puzzles are different to the usual and the whole package is just too good for mere words If anyone is still unsure whether to buy this miracle game, rest assured that this is most surely one of the best buys you are ever likely to find...well worth the special edition title and cost...it's also really long and takes many many hours to complete...I can't give enough praise and thanks to Elephant games and their wonderful developers and there's also a new follow-up game in the pipe-line Go on Fishies, spoil yourselves...you will NOT be disappointed

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on May 9, 11 8:04 AM
ElephantGames wrote:Hi guys, (removed by moderator) Thank you everybody for your patience and Happy Mothers Day to all!

Thank you! With your attentiveness to your customers and your timely updates addressing the problems some of us have had, you are fast becoming my favorite developer!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 10:41:33 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 9, 11 8:20 AM
Wow - really loved this game. Intriguing, beautiful artwork, nice puzzles, etc. Two suggestions - the movie camera in the lower left corner really didn't need to keep flashing after each cut scene. That was really distracting. Also, in the dialogs it's unnecessary to say, "In order to (unlock the door)..." Just say "To unlock the door...". Other than that this game was excellent - worth every cent. Can't wait for the next one!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 9, 11 9:17 AM
No complaints or suggestions from me, just a big thank you for such a high quality game. I don't think I've ever seen one that had such amazing attention to detail, The music was well done, which is usually neglected in these games. All the tiny little details really added up for my playing enjoyment... even Mr Frog climbing back into his hint box was fun to watch. The cat, the students, the story and the artwork especially!

Bravo. I think you've just become my favorite developers.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 9, 11 2:25 PM
Hi Peter, I would like to suggest that you put some morphing objects (like MCF's Dire Grove has) in your next bonus game play. Thanks.

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on May 9, 11 2:27 PM
ElephantGames wrote:One more question to all:
Please write what you would like to see in the bonus content in next MT game.
Belive me this question is not just a curiosity (all the ideas and suggestions that you will probably write - will be taken into account).
Peter.

Hi Peter,

Let me preface this by saying I have NOT finished Raincliff yet. Didn't have the free time to devote to a game as deserving as it is. I hope to soon though!

Since you asked, one thing I really like with bonus content is seeing the story from a different perspective/time frame than the main story. I Ioved in The Void when you got to play as the "bad guy" and work the story continuation from his perspective. It might also be fun to have the bonus play be a "flashback" story such as an explanation of how the bad guy(gal) became so bad.

I also liked other folks' suggestion of being able to see the collected frogs at the end. Some of them are really pretty and it seems a shame to have them disappear forever once I've found them.

Something else I have enjoyed are teasers for upcoming games to whet my appetite, so to speak. Just don't give me a cliffhanger ending of the current game. That is my biggest pet peeve!

Another thing I've found enjoyable was the little glimpse into BFG home offices at the end of Dire Grove. It was nice to see the folks who worked so hard to make such an awesome game. It would be fun to see what your team is like!

Maybe this is just the nerd in me, but I would probably also enjoy seeing any "inspiration" pieces that helped the game come to life for the developers. I think the process of creation is pretty amazing.

Above all though, good game play. good story, and good graphics are essentials, and you guys have done a superb job with this game. I'm glad you're reading because it's nice to be able to thank you and let you all know how much I've enjoyed your work!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 3:21:03 PM PST

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on May 9, 11 2:58 PM
d0080b wrote:Hi Peter, I would like to suggest that you put some morphing objects (like MCF's Dire Grove has) in your next bonus game play. Thanks.

Not just in the bonus part!

Go to: