AVAS2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by AVAS2 on Jun 30, 11 2:53 PM
wot is in the trees at the top left corner

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by CarrieBai on Jul 4, 11 6:31 AM
Is there a disconnect between TRY IT and BUY IT? I have ended up with 2 coins for the jukebox and there seems to be no way for me to go back anywhere for another. I had 3 and then there were 2. What happened? How did one coin simply disappear? Went back to fountain---done. Went back to hotel room---done. Did HOS and can't go back there. Again, WHAT HAPPENED?

[Post New]by Nourhan_J on Jul 7, 11 8:15 PM
Have you put the ladder from your inventory up against the tree so you can zoom in?
You have place it just right though, so that when its there it looks like its sideways.
Hope this helps

Well, how do I get the ladder? From where do I get that umbrella?

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 19, 11 5:39 PM
well, i had to start the game 3 times to avoid the dice, negative issue...but i made it thru to the end and tho the puzzles kept continuing, they dropped the story...flat...anyway, great graphics and not the easiest game getting from scene to scene...easy to miss some things if u like playing at uber speed...great game tho...butcher shop toooo gory and gross for us vegans...yucky....
but a great game anyway...my second attempt at a C.E. and the end scenes were worth the extra fee even if they did drop the story...i might try again at a C.E....good luck!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Sep 19, 11 9:25 PM
Overall Impression: a dark-and-eerie iHOG/Adventure blend that deserves :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

Pros:
-- beautiful, eerie graphics with music that made it feel that much eerier
-- the voiceovers for Lillian and James were done well
-- a storyline that was fairly cohesive and easy to follow; it was basikcally told through journal entries so it could be skipped if you wanted
-- the ending felt complete
-- fairly crisp HOG scenes despite the fact that they were junkpiles; sometimes you had to interact with the scene in order to find some of the items
-- skippable minigames/puzzles
-- unlimited hints that refilled within a reasonable amount of time

Cons:
-- a couple of threads in the story weren't explained as clearly as they could have been
-- a few cases, the item you needed to solve the puzzle was several screens away - too many screens away
-- no interactive map to take you quickly from one place to another; this was annoying when you needed to travel 10 screens or so to find the item you were needing
-- some of the dress and items didn't feel like they were from the late 1800s - when the town disappeared

Bonus Material:
-- the bonus game was an extra chapter that was related to the main story, but wasn't a chopped-off ending for it; although the quality of the puzzles and everything was just as good as those in the main story, I didn't find its storyline to be as well-executed
-- the strategy guide was a little hard to follow at times; it really should have included a separate listing of the locations for all those little angels
-- other material includes wallpapers, concept art, and music tracks

Will Probably Appeal to: those who like iHoG/Adventures and dark-and-eerie games

Will Probably Not Appeal to: those who prefer straight HOGs and those who prefer to avoid occutic themes in their games

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by buffidge1 on Sep 25, 11 8:57 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Woohoo!! CE Thursday is upon us... I hope it's a good one folks.

Hey fishies! Thank you very much, for starting this thread. I stickied it for you. Have fun!

Here some general information:

What do you think of Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/159276.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by buffidge1 on Sep 25, 11 9:07 AM
buffidge1 wrote:
shadowfax44 wrote:Woohoo!! CE Thursday is upon us... I hope it's a good one folks.

Hey fishies! Thank you very much, for starting this thread. I stickied it for you. Have fun!

Here some general information:

What do you think of Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/159276.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 1, 11 7:21 AM
This was a great game, in terms of adventure elements, story and length. The hidden object play was creative, and the puzzles were good. I also liked the bonus chapter and was happy to see at the final cut scene that there was a hint of a sequel. This game has been out for a while, so hopefully a part 2 is in the works.

The graphics were beautiful, but for some reason I was having some trouble seeing things quite as clearly as I like - some scenes were bit too dark and indistinct. Also, I found myself using the strategy guide more than usual in this game - it was pretty easy to miss things, probably due to the style of graphics and some of the interactive game controls.

The was one particular drawback for me in the game mechanics that I found to be very annoying, which was the switching between the tools and hidden object lists in the interactive hidden object scenes. I did not like the way the tools would pop out of your hand and go back into the inventory - too much back and forth which was quite annoying. I actually was a beta tester for this game a long time ago, and remember that feature, and gave my comments at the time, but apparently those game mechanics did not change. I do hope they change that part in any upcoming sequel.

Overall, however, a very well-made and lovely game.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Oct 13, 11 7:03 AM
Liked the game and will probably buy, but don't think it was worth the price of the CE. I found it hard to get from place to place, some of the minigames were just "strange" at least to me, no logic there.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 19, 11 4:56 PM
I downloaded the demo and had to buy the game... the hour was up before I knew it ! I love this game.. it's a keeper. The graphics are sharp and clear.. the hog are not cluttered where you don't have to sit there for an hour trying to find all the items ! Love that the s g stays on the page that you left it. seems like it is going to be a long game i like that too. I only wish that it had achievement awards then it would be perfect !

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 21, 11 4:25 PM
Playing this game home alone... this game makes me look over my shoulder from time to time lol !

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Feb 22, 12 6:21 PM
I thought this was a really nice game - I did find that putting two items together in some of the hidden object scenes was a little finicky - had to be in a certain spot - also as someone else mentioned the tool bar on the bottom seemed to be in the way and sometimes I took myself out of the scene.

But it did make me jump and it was nice to look at - I thought some of the voices were really good

Another good one - where to go to next

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Mar 4, 12 8:40 AM
I got this game on the CE sale, and love it. One thing I don't like and bothers me is that there is no way to turn off the sparkles.

Re:Shout to angelfish106 for HELP

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on May 25, 12 7:20 PM
angelfish106 wrote:...Came across 3 or 4 puzzles in the sample; the dice one was my favourite so far....]

You seem to be the only commenter who was able to successfully jump one dice over another. Would you be so kind as to explain to those who've already skipped - and to those who are about to skip - how exactly to make the skipping work?

I've no doubt all the fishies in the dark will appreciate it!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 14, 12 6:25 AM
this game is a buy for us.----------doug & lisa

[Post New]by Jesterina on Aug 25, 12 12:38 AM
maggieannie43 wrote:I love the game but I am stuck on the mini game where the dice number one to six in red and green have to move from one side to the other, how do they move I have tried clicking the sides jumping over each other. Help please. I do not want it solved just how does one move them? You go though the arch way to the gate where the owl sits in the tree, go to the right up the steps to what looks like grave statues I solve the puzzle where the stepping stones come up so we can cross over zoom in the plaque on the status on the right and the game appears, but how to move the dice please.

There is no jump over each other option, the help button at that puzzle is incorrect, you use the empty slots to move dice out of the while you move others around, there is a YouTube video on it. You are constantly sliding dice around and using those slots to finish the puzzle.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 29, 13 9:24 AM
Well Worth CE Price

GAME COMPLETED MANY TIMES

In fact, I own the SE game, which I’ve played about 8 times, this last time with the strategy guide and walkthrough handy, because even after all those tries I still end up skipping and hinting too much.

This is a top notch game, with beautifully crafted graphics, good environmental sounds, and unobtrusive music. It even has changing weather! The story was one we’ve all played a million times before. Tragedy, ghosts, you must help them or the world will end. As I say, the usual, but well told. It ends neatly and satisfyingly, but leaves one little question unanswered, and if so, I would have bought the CE for that alone.

The journal is actually quite helpful, besides keeping codes etc. it fleshes out the story a bit and draws conclusions that can help guide you to the next task. The game play is great too. The HOS are very interactive, where items on the list go immediately to inventory where they can be used to find others on the list. Common enough now, but unique when this game was first released.

My one gripe with it was over the hint/skip buttons and the difficulty of the puzzles. Hint only tells if there is a task to do in the location, but does not differentiate between ones you can complete immediately and those for which you do not have the items needed to start the puzzle. This has caused me so much frustration! Then, you finally try to do the puzzle, as often as not it’s too hard. And skip takes forever. (No choice of difficulty levels).

Which is why I’m writing this review. If you are thinking of buying this game, CE or SE, go with the CE. Even without any bonus game at all, and none of the usual CE bling, this game is worth the price, for the integrated strategy guide alone.

I recommend this game!

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 29, 13 9:54 AM
I agree, it's a fantastic game, and deserves many kudos.

Somehow I never did a review of this game, but the next time I play it, I will certainly do so

sulia
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by sulia on Jan 26, 14 11:56 AM
The door tile puzzle kept me guessing for a long time till I realised it was just a simple 2D slider. The train station puzzle also took a while, but if I could work it out, anyone can! The end of the game was rather blah, and I did find some of the puzzles in the bonus game annoying, as in no explanation of what I was supposed to achieve, having said that I think the game was pretty darn good.

Go to: