Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 29, 12 3:32 PM
Review based upon finishing the game and the bonus content.

This is the second game in the series that pits you against an evil witch who causes mayhem in peaceful kingdoms. In the first installment you uncursed a sleeping kingdom, and now you run into her again on an island that has a beast on it and lots of frozen roses.

The Good:

+ graphics
+ game length
+ lots of devices to construct
+ helpful hint system that tells you where you have to go next
+ diverse mini games (had to skip only one slider that trampled my nerves, the rest was fairly straightforward)
+ journal provided hints

The Neutral:

o no more fractured objects! (I like those games)
o journal leaves pages blank that you fill up later, which can become confusing
o Spider Warning! The strangest one I have ever seen in the main game (giant!) and a big one (that you have to shrink) in the bonus content

The Bad:

- walkthrough not really good (list, does not bookmark your game progress)
- no direct interaction with evil things
- not always clear what do to next if you are not using a hint

Bonus Content:

- good sized bonus adventure (find a kidnapped inventor), 1-2 hours duration, 13 walkthrough pages
- Wallpapers in 5 different sizes, rotating, thus difficult to select
- some concept art, sliding, not bad to select

Bottom Line: If you can get over the fact that there are no more fractured objects and don't mind spideys too much I definitely recommend this game.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LaShawnStarfire on Oct 10, 12 10:52 AM
I'm still waiting for the next installment of this game, when will it be coming out, if ever?

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Mar 26, 13 8:52 AM
As this game is a couple of years old, I was concerned that I would have been spoiled by all the latest offerings. Laflamme's most recent very detailed and helpful game review convinced me to try the demo. I did so, in casual mode, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

What I particulary liked:

- Having to gather the flower petals (nice touch)
- A good balance between adventure, puzzles and hidden objects scenes
- Interesting puzzles, not too challenging, just the right level for me
- Pleasant hidden object scenes, no stress on my eyes
- Excellent "hint" system
- Useful journal
- Strategy guide, which I found very useful when I needed to verify why I wasn't able to put objects together, had I missed a step?, and so on.

What I was not too happy about:

- Penalty for overclicking
- No "Reset" function available for puzzles

All in all, this seems to be a very relaxing and uncomplicated sort of game, which I am curious to explore further. The majority of reviews also seem to recommend the game (my apologies to all reviewers but I did not read through the entire thread ) therefore I will take advantage of today's special price to purchase it and a little something tells me that I won't regret it.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 9, 13 2:02 AM
A Differing Opinion

BASED ON COMPLETED STANDARD GAME
AND DEMO OF STRATEGY GUIDE

Since it's on sale and people will be wondering if it's worth it, and few other reviews to guide you, I'm offering my experience of the standard edition and the trial of the strategy guide of this game to help.

There's not much more than that in the CE anyway, although the other reviewers seem pleased with the bonus game. The SG seems helpful enough, certainly will get you through any tricky spots. With the exception of the contraptions, where I think it could have been more detailed. For some reason, the hero is required to make a lot of weird inventions to progress in the game. Really couldn’t see the point myself.

Outside HO scenes, the hint was a direction to the right location, which I thought was a good in-between help, neither too much nor too little, and so I had no real use for the SG. The game wasn’t hard.

The Main Game: the introduction was a bit sappy, but I expected that from a game with Love Chronicles in its title. The game itself wasn’t a romance at all. It was your typical fairy tale storyline, admittedly. Handsome prince (that’s you) rescues beautiful princess from evil witch. But there the romance ends. And for most of the game, there is no real feeling of pursuing a goal. It took quite a bit of digging around before the first HO scene appeared and you could start feeling you’re achieving anything. After that the gameplay was well paced, and a decent length.

The visuals are passable but not up to par. And the HO scenes have much of their colour washed out, making for uninspiring searching. The music bugged me too, it didn’t add anything to the atmosphere and became repetitious. There was no voiceover, and no interaction with other characters, little animation, all of which made the game feel a bit flat.

There are plenty of mini-puzzles and HO scenes, none of them too taxing, and some variations of the ‘find 20 roses’ kind. The Guide did remind me that there are also ‘return the items’ HOs as well, and that the game includes collectibles (rose petals with magic powers). There was also a scene where you panned around with cursor hover. I like cinematic touches.

In all, nothing terribly wrong with this one, and others may enjoy it, but not inspirational, and not up to today’s CE standards, which is why I won’t be recommending it.

I don’t recommend this game

[Post New]by hossryder1 on May 29, 14 12:16 PM
I was really enjoying this game tremendously until I went back to play it the next day....and all of my previous adventure did not save...back to the beginning!
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!

Go to: